Dedeux

Dedeux

I don't know what's going wrong with emby, but since you changed the name for something who sound like Kodi, it doesn't give what it gave before. 

Firstly, the connection made through the  emby website , sometimes it work and sometimes it don't. For example, i add friends, by the invite options of the software manager of Emby , i decided to change the name of my server before (it was something like the name of my pc and i changed it for a more reliable name) when some users try to connect now, they see the new name of my server but when they clicked on it and there's always a message showing that the server is not available or something like that. 

When i have to update manually some infos about a movie, the link is made through imdb, the picture related to the movie is available (like it was before with Media Browser) but when it come to save it as the one who will be used, the update doesn't make anything except keeping all the old pictures related to the movie (pictures who are everything except the cover of the movie). There is a lot of missing infos when i add movies in my directories, this is acceptable, but when it come to make an update manually who doesn't work .... 

So i uninstalled emby completely to make a fresh new installation from the start. The installation went fine, i have to install the plugins that i had before (this is something normal), this told me that the uninstall process went good. But when i install a particular addon (who seems to be related to some home automation processes) it crashed. It crashed to a point that i was unable to restart the server.

i uninstalled all the plugins, this is the last of the three options in the uninstall process. this action didn't remove only the plugins, but everything related to Emby. So i get to the control panel again, and seeing that Emby was still appearing through the software i have on my PC (windows 7 professional edition 64 bits) I tried to uninstall Emby, and it gave me an error message that something went wrong in the uninstall process.

I know that Emby is free. But i would pay for it if it would be more stable. I keep Plex for that, who doesn't have all the bugs that i mentioned before in this message. So what's going on ? I don't want to be rude, but there is something to be done with this version of Media Browser known now as Emby. 

Thanks, 

André (sorry for my english writing i speak and write in french) 

Andre,

Apologies. We work very hard to keep things running as smoothly as possible. Let me tell you a little bit about how Emby Connect works in hopes that it might help troubleshoot. All connections are directly from the user's device to your server. Emby Connect does not stand in the middle. It's sole purpose is simply to tell the client what your address is. From there, the client has to be able to reach your server.

In regards to plugins, many of those are community maintained so we can't really speak to their quality or stability. For example the home automation plugin you mention was just released about a week ago and is still very new. I will let the developer know it should probably be marked as beta for now. Thanks.