Thoughts on Emby.

godbodian

techywarrior

I don't think that's really been sorted out yet. It seems that it's related to the logo. If the logo looks good emby I think it will be that way. Or if better all caps it will be that. The only thing I know for sure is it WON'T be eMBy :)

• 2 years later...
Untoten

I personally have a bad association with that as a logo.

I had to build a website for these two douchy guys and they kept changing the design. My boss wanted to utilize some forum software and then I had to create an SSO between that and some other shitty software. The whole thing was a mess (I told them from the start not to do it this way)... anyways, the concept was "do the split" (hang ten gesture) and the whole website was supposed to be people posting pictures/selfies at parties, with celebs, etc. "doing the split". OMG it was soooo stupid... and then they ran off without paying for half the work.

Oh, and that logo was exactly what you posted except in white. I may even have a t-shirt of it still someplace. ROFL

Did you get SSO working with emby?   If we could achieve this using the Organizr frontend it would be incredible!

• Like 1

Untoten

@@Luke It supports logging into Organizr against the emby backend, but since emby does not allow header auth, it cannot offer SSO.  If it did I would be estatic, or if you guys could enable header auth so we can pass it, it's be amazing.

See this (gives spec[ish] of how it would be done):
https://github.com/causefx/Organizr/issues/389

This is the original question on whether or not Organizr supports seamless login:

https://github.com/causefx/Organizr/issues/306

Edited by Untoten

The best thing to do is open a feature request topic so that we can monitor it and gauge it with respect to other things that are being asked for by the community. Thanks !

• Like 1

Untoten

The best thing to do is open a feature request topic so that we can monitor it and gauge it with respect to other things that are being asked for by the community. Thanks !

@@Luke I am gonna slap you one day I swear lol <3

Edited by Untoten