Cerothen

Cerothen

Good Afternoon,

I know that TV renaming and organizing is a feature that works pretty well. However I was wondering if there was any plans to implement a renaming method for Movies?

After spending hours cleaning up metadata for my various movies I wanted to do a bulk name change so that all my movie files include the IMDB tt####### codes, this way if I sent a file to a friend and they incorporated it into their mediabrowser server the meta data would always get picked up properly or if my OS/Mediabrowser drive became corrupted it would make restoring the library easier. (Not to mention its nice having everything the same).

Thanks.

spootdev

If you store the metadata with the local files....the nfo, etc should help you/friends keep them the same as well.

• Like 1

Cerothen

If you store the metadata with the local files....the nfo, etc should help you/friends keep them the same as well.

I had thought about keeping the meta data with the media however I am using Windows Storage Spaces in a Parity layout. Unfortunately while this has benefits like single disk failure protection it does not have especially great performance for random IO reads and I expect would cause sluggishness VS the SSD where the meta data is currently stored. Not to mention that it just increases the files to keep track of when moving content around. Ultimately I think the most catch all solution will be to just rename the files.

I would be willing to try my hand at writing a plugin however I would need a little bit of help getting started (eg what the preferred software to use would be, a list of mediabrowser specific calls).

Thanks,

The metadata is only directly accessed during an item refresh.  After that, everything is coming out of memory or the database.  So, there should be no appreciable performance difference (in normal operation) between storing the metadata with the media or not.

• Like 1