[DEV]Vu+ / Enigma2 Live TV plugin

CompoUK

RonnieSK
2 hours ago, MatthieuM said:

I am also using the latest VuPlus plugin but have not had much luck importing the Picons automatically through the plugin.
Would you mind indicating to me the format and path of your Picons folder in your enigma2 receiver ?

Hi !

Normally are Picons stored in "root/picon" or "root/picons". However im using fantastic 3rd party plugin-extension by Czech Developer called "Chocholousek Picons" and it stores the picons in a separate folder under "root/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ChocholousekPicons/images". Picons are automatically without any config listed to the system and pulled by every single app you are using for streams/openwebif.

Im just wondering where did you find in Plugin the possibility to define a path for Picons ? Since im unable to find and activate "Zap before streaming" option what was visible in older revisions in this plugin, it is for me sadly unusable.

EDIT: in case you are interested in mentioned Chocholousek Picons Plugin, im providing you the link. Of course it has English translation

https://picon.cz/plugin/

Edited by RonnieSK
Providing link

MatthieuM

@RonnieSK,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my queries.

With reference to "path" options, as you said there are none in the most recent "emby-vuplus-plugin" which is why I was asking you where on your receiver those would be stored for the plugin to "simply" know where to fetch hose from and in what format (channel name or channel reference formats)-

When I look at my Jellyfin installation, I can see that the following "jellyfin-vuplus-plugin" add-on still does feature the options to define a custom path for the picons (as well as the Zap before Channel switch option) , something no longer showing for the emby variant of the plugin.

Jellyfin plugin (would think it would work within emby....worth a try. I might see how it plays)
https://github.com/knackebrot/jellyfin-plugin-enigma2

image.png.697911a86b3a0c1ca54a177d89349a04.png

Edited by MatthieuM

RonnieSK
On 12/18/2023 at 7:50 PM, MatthieuM said:

@RonnieSK,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my queries.

With reference to "path" options, as you said there are none in the most recent "emby-vuplus-plugin" which is why I was asking you where on your receiver those would be stored for the plugin to "simply" know where to fetch hose from and in what format (channel name or channel reference formats)-

When I look at my Jellyfin installation, I can see that the following "jellyfin-vuplus-plugin" add-on still does feature the options to define a custom path for the picons (as well as the Zap before Channel switch option) , something no longer showing for the emby variant of the plugin.

Jellyfin plugin (would think it would work within emby....worth a try. I might see how it plays)
https://github.com/knackebrot/jellyfin-plugin-enigma2

image.png.697911a86b3a0c1ca54a177d89349a04.png

Thank you for your reply !

Did you managed to fetch the Picons to Emby ? In case of help needed, just let me know.

Thank you for your post about Jellyfin plugin. This is well known for me, since i migrated to Emby Premiere from Emby (as lot of users here) and was using exactly the mentioned VuPlus Plugin without any problems, because of "Zap before Channel switch (single tuner)" option. Sadly if my knowledges are good, you cannot import 3rd party plugins 😕

Just now, INDICOHD said:

Hello
Does the plugin still work in emby?

Once installed it does not show the plugin configuration options, why is this?

Hi there, have you explored Emby Live TV setup?

MatthieuM
3 hours ago, RonnieSK said:

Thank you for your reply !

Did you managed to fetch the Picons to Emby ? In case of help needed, just let me know.

Thank you for your post about Jellyfin plugin. This is well known for me, since i migrated to Emby Premiere from Emby (as lot of users here) and was using exactly the mentioned VuPlus Plugcin without any problems, because of "Zap before Channel switch (single tuner)" option. Sadly if my knowledges are good, you cannot import 3rd party plugins 😕

@RonnieSK

I have tried the Chocholouzek Enigma2 picon plugin and can confirm that It does fetch all of the the relevant SNP fomatted .png (channel name .png example bbc.png) and openwebif seems to be happy with those (installed in usr/share/enigma2/picon and created a soft link "ln -s " in /media/hdd/picon for openwebif to update them)

However, it seems that the Emby vuplus plugin wants to access the channel reference SRP fomatted .png which is not available and therefore the emby vuplus plugin fails to display any pic ?

See edited (user:password) extract from the emby log:

Debug App: ConvertImageToLocal item 17088934 - image url: http://user:password@192.168.1.13:81/picon/1_0_19_12F_4F4C_55F_DDE0000_0_0_0.png

I am surprised that it works on your setup....unless you also somehow got to install the reference SRP png ?

MatthieuM
21 hours ago, MatthieuM said:

@RonnieSK

I have tried the Chocholouzek Enigma2 picon plugin and can confirm that It does fetch all of the the relevant SNP fomatted .png (channel name .png example bbc.png) and openwebif seems to be happy with those (installed in usr/share/enigma2/picon and created a soft link "ln -s " in /media/hdd/picon for openwebif to update them)

However, it seems that the Emby vuplus plugin wants to access the channel reference SRP fomatted .png which is not available and therefore the emby vuplus plugin fails to display any pic ?

See edited (user:password) extract from the emby log:

Debug App: ConvertImageToLocal item 17088934 - image url: http://user:password@192.168.1.13:81/picon/1_0_19_12F_4F4C_55F_DDE0000_0_0_0.png

I am surprised that it works on your setup....unless you also somehow got to install the reference SRP png ?

I think that I am slowly getting somewhere with this picon extracting issue with the emby-vuplus-plugin:

It seems that none of the HD channels in my bouqyet have an associated "SRP" formatted .png in the picon folder ("1_0_19_" for TV HD)
That explains why I have only one picon coming through (France3) as that is the one and only SD resolution channel ("1_0_1_" for SD TV) in the bouquet.

As to OpenWebif, it seems to be able to get all of the picons correctly from the SNP formatted picons.

So if I shall conclude it seems that the emby-vuplus-plugin plugin is NOT able to fetch the icons from the displayed-openwebif ones but rather relies on the SRP formatted png to be present as well as the SNPs.

@RonnieSK: Did you only use the Chocholouzek picon plugin to add picons for your bouquet channels ? What openwebif version are you running ? What emby-vuplus-plugin are you running ?

I think that it could be resolved if I found a source of SRP formatted pngs with the "1_0_19" prefix for all HD channels.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by MatthieuM

RonnieSK

Hi @MatthieuM!

I have no additonal plugins or extensions, since the mentioned Chocholousek works absolutely stunning for years, with picon update function directly from STB Extensions (since im using my STBs strictly and only via stream, i turn them randomly on in order to manually the update the picons, other stuff is done by terminal). The Picons are perfectly matched with all canals, including STB GUI, OpenWebIf, and also Emby. Just a stupid question, but what is happening if you turn on/off the "Show Picons in Channel List" in STB GUI Settings and in OpenWebIf settings menu "Show Picons" ?

Im using most 8.3 OpenPLi image (not the 9.0), which is still updated, "active" and fully supported in two STBs, with same setup.

enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif version 1+gitAUTOINC+6d840b7a2c-r0

emby VuPlus plugin 3.9.2.0 (i think you cannot install different, since it is listed from catalog)

MatthieuM

@RonnieSK

Thanks for the information.

I use the same emby-vuplus-plugin 3.9.20 as you do.
I updated to openATV 7.3 and openwebif in Version: OWIF 2.1.0

I am now running out of ideas as to why you get th picons through and I don't.

I can only imagine that you have the SRP references in your STP/picon/ folder ?

Could you do me a favour and check in a web browser if you have perhaps any "1_0_19" listed picons ?

http://username:password@ipaddressSTP:portSTP/picon/
username / password / ipaddressSTP / portSTP based on what you entered in the emby-vuplus-plugin.

If you do, I won't chase the matter further as it would confirm the issue is with hte missing SRP-formatted picons.
If you don't then I am lost...

Here is the capture of mine and because all picons are SNP (named format) , the emby-vuplus-plugin is unable to fetch any ....

image.thumb.png.9579b45622e9a1ce10cb66ce542931b1.png

Edited by MatthieuM

MatthieuM

I read somewhere that Chocholouzek STP plugin checks the service reference SRP and access the LameDB in order to get create an SNP picon name.
I think that there must be SRP picons in your STP /picon folder as we use the same emby-vuplus-plugin....

Embyserver.txt LOG searching for "picon" after adding an additional VuPlus-SingleBouquet feed could tell us something...

I appreciate your input.

As to your query:  "Just a stupid question, but what is happening if you turn on/off the "Show Picons in Channel List" in STB GUI Settings and in OpenWebIf settings menu "Show Picons" ?" => when I turn them off they no longer appear in openWebIf as expected.

The STP GUI / openWebif are all working well and able to retrieve the SNP named picons with no issues.

I think the problem must be an outdated emby-vuplus-plugin that is not capable to retrieve the picon in SNP format ?

Edited by MatthieuM

RonnieSK

Hey @MatthieuM,

as i wrote in my first reply, i dont have any "picon" folder in root (and this is also surprise for me), but all images are stored in "root/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ChocholousekPicons/images" and for sure linked to openwebif. It is also possible, that the picon folder in root is something "older", what remained from your older picon plugin or manual picon upload (maybe worth to delete them and update the picons once again from Chocholousek). I dont think they were created by Chocholousek plugin, only if OpenATV handles this stuff differently as OpenPLI. The main issue to compare our systems is exactly the difference in E2 = PLI vs ATV + the fact that you are using also additional plugins touching your bouquets. Maybe this is another strange sounding idea, but i would give a try to backup the image, install from scratch clean OpenPLI, tune your stations, install Chocholousek Picon manager and check if your OpenWebIf pulls all picons. Since i dont have any picon folder, the VuPlus plugin should have to pull them also from different location as root = what is my case. I think they are from OWF Webinterface

EDIT: so now this is really strange. I doublechecked my STB, and the mentioned path "root/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ChocholousekPicons/images" contains only interface images, and not those for channels. Now im really confused, since i dont find physically the "pictures" in the box :D Im searching for them...

Edited by RonnieSK
corrected path

INDICOHD
On 12/19/2023 at 9:41 PM, Luke said:

Hi there, have you explored Emby Live TV setup?

Thanks Luke, I found it.

There is a possibility that the provider of my cccam clines can detect that I am streaming. If I do it from a single channel?

MatthieuM
On 21/12/2023 at 22:09, RonnieSK said:

@MatthieuMso the Picon path for Chocholousek Plugin is "/usr/share/enigma2/picon" , and i have lot of asked "1_0_19" listed png-s in it.

Great. Thanks for investigating.
So it seems that for a reason on another, at some point in time you would have had the SRP formatted picons ...Perhaps Chocholouzek plugin started in the past fetching those SRPs and the latest STB plugin only now pulls the SNP formatted picons.

At least that explains the difference between emby-vuplus-pkugin finding some picons in your setup and finding none of the "1_0_19" in my setup as I have none when using chocholouzek.

On 12/23/2023 at 11:21 AM, INDICOHD said:

There is a possibility that the provider of my cccam clines can detect that I am streaming. If I do it from a single channel?

Hi, can you please explain this question a little bit more? I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Thanks.

INDICOHD
On 12/27/2023 at 1:23 AM, Luke said:

Hi, can you please explain this question a little bit more? I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Thanks.

I wanted to know if my Cccam line service provider for my Vu Plus decoder can detect that I am sharing the transmission with more people, since it limits it to an IP, as if it were an IPTV service.

12 hours ago, INDICOHD said:

I wanted to know if my Cccam line service provider for my Vu Plus decoder can detect that I am sharing the transmission with more people, since it limits it to an IP, as if it were an IPTV service.

I'm not sure, but setting up https on your server is a good idea if you're concerned about that.

RonnieSK
On 12/28/2023 at 5:25 AM, INDICOHD said:

If you are sharing the SAME stream from ONE STB then it would work. But if you are requesting to descramble different streams at once, then the IP limit block will occur !

RonnieSK

@LukeLuke, i made a small research today, since this "plugin" LiveTV is the last thing im missing... I found out that plugin Revision 3.2.2 is the last one with the option "Zap STB before Channel Switch (single tuner)" option, however it is not possible to add it to LiveTV. Also the plugin is updated everytime Emby restarts. I know it is a big requests, but do we have any opportunity to get this option to the recent plugin ? Also if this request should be some payed "BONUS" option above Premiere sub, but is unable for single tuner users to switch to other channel without "telling" the STB to switch the channel. As i mention, it is really a basic function of such plugins/3rd party apps, im ready to help in every single way i can (if i can) to achieve this function.

Thank you !

6 hours ago, RonnieSK said:

@LukeLuke, i made a small research today, since this "plugin" LiveTV is the last thing im missing... I found out that plugin Revision 3.2.2 is the last one with the option "Zap STB before Channel Switch (single tuner)" option, however it is not possible to add it to LiveTV. Also the plugin is updated everytime Emby restarts. I know it is a big requests, but do we have any opportunity to get this option to the recent plugin ? Also if this request should be some payed "BONUS" option above Premiere sub, but is unable for single tuner users to switch to other channel without "telling" the STB to switch the channel. As i mention, it is really a basic function of such plugins/3rd party apps, im ready to help in every single way i can (if i can) to achieve this function.

Thank you !

Here you go. Untested.

MediaBrowser.Plugins.VuPlus.zip

RonnieSK
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Thank you very much Luke !

Plugin imported via /.config/emby-server/plugins/, "ZAP" option appeared, however the option could not be validated/saved. Pop up window responds with "Settings saved" , but if i open the Plugin "EDIT" option, it is still unchecked. Sadly the result with streaming is still the same

• Thanks 1

RonnieSK

UPDATE for @Luke: the issue with "Saving" was caused by Safari. Tested via other different browsers, the tickbox remains there, option saved, but sadly without real "ZAP" effect.