Jump to content


Photo

99% CPU and errors in log

cpu windows server errors

  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 oldschool OFFLINE  

oldschool

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • 369 posts
  • Local time: 06:55 AM

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:04 PM

In the windows event log:

 

The Media Browser service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 9 time(s).

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" /> 
  <EventID Qualifiers="49152">7034</EventID> 
  <Version>0</Version> 
  <Level>2</Level> 
  <Task>0</Task> 
  <Opcode>0</Opcode> 
  <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-01-08T03:02:36.794944900Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>156848</EventRecordID> 
  <Correlation /> 
  <Execution ProcessID="544" ThreadID="6132" /> 
  <Channel>System</Channel> 
  <Computer>FILESERVE</Computer> 
  <Security /> 
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data Name="param1">Media Browser</Data> 
  <Data Name="param2">9</Data> 
  </EventData>
  </Event>


#22 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

    Chief Bottle Washer

  • Administrators
  • 47572 posts
  • Local time: 06:55 AM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:26 AM

Okay, then I would start by removing all plug-ins.  Then, if the problem doesn't occur, start adding them back in one by one until it does.



#23 oldschool OFFLINE  

oldschool

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • 369 posts
  • Local time: 06:55 AM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:44 PM

It's kind of weird. I rebooted yesterday and MB3 looked like it wanted to behave. CPU usage was negligible - like 2% all day. It hasn't pegged today, but it hasn't been used as much today. Right now it's at 50%, MB3 is not serving anything or isn't being used right now, and MB3 is showing 50% CPU usage. None of the Scheduled Tasks are currently running and it's still taking up 50% CPU.

 

This seems to be how it has behaved recently, and sometime later today I expect it will end up being 99%.

 

I'll start to remove the plugins one by one and continue to troubleshoot.



#24 oldschool OFFLINE  

oldschool

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • 369 posts
  • Local time: 06:55 AM

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:00 PM

I removed the auto boxset plugin, so let's see how this plays out.



#25 oldschool OFFLINE  

oldschool

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • 369 posts
  • Local time: 06:55 AM

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:45 AM

MB3 seems to be very well behaved since yesterday and removing auto box sets. I'll add in some of the other plugins and see if the problem presents itself again.



#26 oldschool OFFLINE  

oldschool

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • 369 posts
  • Local time: 06:55 AM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:12 PM

So, I think I've narrowed it down to the Genre Cleaner plugin. Whenever I install that plugin, after a few hours, my CPU usage will spike to 99%. After uninstalling it (I've done this twice now), my server will go back to normal operation and will not top out my CPU.



#27 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

    Chief Bottle Washer

  • Administrators
  • 47572 posts
  • Local time: 06:55 AM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:17 PM

Interesting.  I don't know if the interface will allow it but did you maybe setup some sort of circular reference?  Like mapping genre A to B and then B back to A again?



#28 oldschool OFFLINE  

oldschool

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • 369 posts
  • Local time: 06:55 AM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:35 PM

I didn't really do anything with it. I installed it, but I never configured it. I really don't know how to use it, but I just installed it and was going to get to it later.

As far as my library, I use MCM and it sets up my genres for me, so it is possible there is something like that, but I don't know.



#29 oldschool OFFLINE  

oldschool

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • 369 posts
  • Local time: 06:55 AM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

And let me clarify, when my CPU spikes, I can't do anything with MB3, so I have to shut down the program and restart it in order to uninstall the plugin. I could be wrong singling out that plugin, but so far it looks like the culprit.







Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cpu, windows, server, errors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users