Media Browser Classic Windows 8.1 Issues

csimmo

I am at work now, so please forgive me for not posting the logs at the moment.....

I did a full rebuild yesterday on the HTPC/gaming system. Nice clean win 8.1 pro, TMT 6.5 which finally has Nvidia refresh rate switching. Everything working great except MBC.

I will state that MBS works perfect. Streaming to my android perfectly.

Symptom: Media browser classic will not launch, giving the error, unable to launch Mediabrowser3, returning you to Media centre.

Findings:

1. While the library is being indexed, can't launch at all. Even after the library had finished, for some reason I couldn't actually lunch until this morning (6 hours later).

2. If Media browser classic is the first thing launch, it works just fine.

3. If live tv is launched first, then go to MBC, it will crash.

I will try to provide the log tonight, but from my brief over view of it, it reported login in, making a connection, then nothing further.

Are there logs just for MBC? I could only find them for MBS

MBC and MBS, both versions are what were available as beta from yesterday.

What theme are you using?

You will need to find the error in your Windows event log as detailed in the "How to report a problem" post.

Used both default and Crystal.

Yeah, I read through that. I didn't pay enough attention. I found the server logs fine though. I should know better and new it would be windows event log. I will post it asap.

Updated to the latest MySQL lite and installed a few windows updates, and it seems to be working now.

We don't use MySQL.

I wasn't sure what MBS used, so guessed. But the windows update seems to have smoothed out the issues. Still wierd there was no log though.

My experience seems to suggest that straight after install, do windows updates.