How "Instant" is the Trakt Plugin?

mbc0
Go to solution Solved by Redshirt,

Redshirt

That's correct. You'll either have to fix them on trakt or run the sync to trakt task. I suspected it was something like this after this mornings revelation.

I'm not sure if I like the separation of watched items from your collection. I'm guessing their reasoning behind it is that you can add stuff you've watched but don't own. In fact I've got a friend that does that very thing. Doesn't own any movies but constantly updates with what he's seen in the theater or at friends homes.

Trying now but this is a fresh build server and the only software I have is MediaBrowser Server! how come you have other external id's in your metadata? how do I get them? 

Report back in a min :-)

saitoh183

Trying now but this is a fresh build server and the only software I have is MediaBrowser Server! how come you have other external id's in your metadata? how do I get them? 

Report back in a min :-)

It was pulled when MBS created the metadata

that is great mate, I really appreciate it :-) do I keep using the version you sent or will you release another? and lastly, how is it possible for me to be able to update my meta with IMDB? there is no option for that in the settings?

Just in case these questions got missed as saitoh183 still has problems.... thanks again

Redshirt

Glad it's sorted. It was a typo that I can't believe I didn't see yesterday. Anyone, myself included, who's metadata has an IMDB id for everything would have never noticed the typo. It's only shows that are depending on other id's to match that were affected.

• Like 1

saitoh183

That's correct. You'll either have to fix them on trakt or run the sync to trakt task. I suspected it was something like this after this mornings revelation.

I'm not sure if I like the separation of watched items from your collection. I'm guessing their reasoning behind it is that you can add stuff you've watched but don't own. In fact I've got a friend that does that very thing. Doesn't own any movies but constantly updates with what he's seen in the theater or at friends homes.

But what i wonder is how can it scrobble arrow and its not in my collection on trakt...How does trakt know(in normal circumstances)when to add something to your collection on trakt?

On a side note, it seems that once you configured a user to use trakt, you cant set it blank anymore. it will say value cant be null when you try to save. Even if you uncheck sections you wanted sync.The workaround i use is to open the xml and delete the line.

that is great mate, I really appreciate it :-) do I keep using the version you sent or will you release another? and lastly, how is it possible for me to be able to update my meta with IMDB? there is no option for that in the settings?

Angelblue05

I don't believe it's possible to populate your metadata using IMDB. The IMDB ID is simply added when you Identify/Refresh a movie/series.

• Like 1

Redshirt

Just in case these questions got missed as saitoh183 still has problems.... thanks again

Your welcome.

Redshirt

You're using a different version of the plugin than mbc0 was.. When I published the link above I immediately realized that I'd left some code in that I wanted removed and put another build together. I was hoping I was quick enough that no one had time to grab it, but you happened to grab that interim version. I believe once you update to the version I just published to the plugin repo that you'll be sorted.

Redshirt

Got the update from server...still no go

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wh4mkz5y1eopdh9/server-63551924479.txt?dl=0

I have multiple users with trakt accounts configured and metadata is stored in media folders

The last few days exposed a bug that has now been corrected. I want to believe that any issues now lie in either configuration or available data.

That being said. Let's pick one show in your library. one show that is watched on trakt.tv but not locally in MB. Confirm in MB that that show has either an imdb id or tvdb id at the series level. Also confirm that that show is actually in your collection in trakt.tv. The all and plays tabs aren't limited to what's in your collection. I want to eliminate the possibility that we have a show that is marked watched on trakt.tv but somehow isn't in your collection.

546bcef47373d_trakt.jpg

Redshirt

ok. mbc0. Please install this version of trakt, restart the server and run the sync from trakt task again. 

When it asks trakt what shows you've watched and comes across "Dexter" it will spit that into the log file. Hopefully a visual comparison between that an other log entries will shed some light one this.

saitoh183. If you have Dexter and it's watched in your library as well. Feel free to join in. 

Edited by Redshirt

saitoh183

ok. mbc0. Please install this version of trakt, restart the server and run the sync from trakt task again. 

When it asks trakt what shows you've watched and comes across "Dexter" it will spit that into the log file. Hopefully a visual comparison between that an other log entries will shed some light one this.

saitoh183. If you have Dexter and it's watched in your library as well. Feel free to join in. 

I can only give it a try tonight

Redshirt

I'm only logging media that is failing to match. Which means that 2470 movies are processed by the plugin without issue. It seems like this issue is pretty much entirely TV show related as the process to match them is far more complex.

Speaking of which. I goofed with that last build. I logged the wrong reference to dexter. Stand by for an updated build.

saitoh183

Has the server discovered the public update yet. Try that one.

Got the update from server...still no go

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wh4mkz5y1eopdh9/server-63551924479.txt?dl=0

I have multiple users with trakt accounts configured and metadata is stored in media folders

Edited by saitoh183

Redshirt

This is the correct version....

I may have just had a revelation. This log will answer that.

ah, that's interesting... so 227 movies are not detected by trakt? I will look into that later as not really worried about the movies... no where near as much of a problem like TV Shows, thanks again for your time mate :-)