How "Instant" is the Trakt Plugin?

mbc0
Go to solution Solved by Redshirt,

Redshirt

Well the request for a list of watched episodes from Trakt.tv is returning 0 items. So there's nothing to actually match.

Even though trakt.tv is showing as watched?

2014-11-17 13:23:26.7119 Info - Trakt: Failed to match Episode: 3x4 'Fundraising' Series: null SeriesName: Bad Education

5469fd3b2ad33_2354235423.jpg

saitoh183

Well the request for a list of watched episodes from Trakt.tv is returning 0 items. So there's nothing to actually match.

Ok, is this the plugin failing retrieve the info from the API? because like mbc0, my shows are scrobble or marked as seen.

Redshirt

I misread mbc0's log. The returned shows was far greater than 0. I was looking at the output for the wrong user.

I'm not sure what's going on yet. I've been testing it here and I can't get it to fail. There isn't any show being skipped that shouldn't be.

• Like 1

saitoh183

I misread mbc0's log. The returned shows was far greater than 0. I was looking at the output for the wrong user.

I'm not sure what's going on yet. I've been testing it here and I can't get it to fail. There isn't any show being skipped that shouldn't be.

What about my log? What does the Series= null mean?

Edited by saitoh183

saitoh183

Thanks for your time Redshirt I really appreciate it  :)

Yeah, thank you. I hope with our help you can figure it out :)

• Like 1

Redshirt

I'll definitely need to remove that logging afterwords. The log files are huge.

saitoh183. I need some context to that log. Can you give me some examples of the episodes that are scrobbled on trakt.tv that aren't being marked watched locally.

saitoh183

I'll definitely need to remove that logging afterwords. The log files are huge.

saitoh183. I need some context to that log. Can you give me some examples of the episodes that are scrobbled on trakt.tv that aren't being marked watched locally.

Doctor Who (2005)

The Flash

Ridiculousness 

546a235aaf86e_trakt_doc1.jpg546a236b7e132_trakt_doc.jpg

546a2380520d2_trakt_rid.jpg

546a2395e2043_trakt_rid1.jpg

Redshirt

Saitoh183

Please copy this version of trakt into your server plugins folder and then restart the server. It's going to go one step further and log the data that's received from trakt for some of the shows that aren't matching. The logs are getting large enough that I don't want to publish it for the general public to use. 

Your episodes are failing to match right at the onset. Based on the logging It looks like the local show meta is OK. I'm going to have to create a version that logs all the trakt.tv meta. Either that or just pick one show and see if I can log it's meta. Have you watched the majority of 'Dexter'? There's a bunch of those that didn't match anything.

Hi,

I have watched every episode of Dexter :-)

546a53fc24089_2354235344423.jpg546a5408cee20_23542354423.jpg546a54107d995_2354235423.jpg

If it has to be I will start again from scratch by uninstalling MB Server and removing all trace and start again.. I really need this working so am prepared to do whatever it takes just say the word!!  :wacko:

saitoh183

If it has to be I will start again from scratch by uninstalling MB Server and removing all trace and start again.. I really need this working so am prepared to do whatever it takes just say the word!!  :wacko:

I did that...

Redshirt

Hi Mate,

I have disabled the other users from the plugin to make this easier to read and until it fixed, hopefully it will help, this is the log from the version on post 37, Cheers

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38473789/server-63551844244.txt

Your episodes are failing to match right at the onset. Based on the logging It looks like the local show meta is OK. I'm going to have to create a version that logs all the trakt.tv meta. Either that or just pick one show and see if I can log it's meta. Have you watched the majority of 'Dexter'? There's a bunch of those that didn't match anything.

saitoh183

The more data you give back to me the more baffled I am that this isn't working for you. Sticking with Dexter, the log message

means that neither the local IMDB Id or TheTVDB Id at the Series level of Dexter's metadata could be matched to the values from Trakt.tv. 

Trakt provides this for Dexter.

{
     "title":"Dexter",
     "year":2006,
     "url":"http://trakt.tv/show/dexter",
     "imdb_id":"tt0773262",
     "tvdb_id":"79349",
     "tvrage_id":"7926",
     "images": {
          "poster":"http://slurm.trakt.us/images/posters/97.27.jpg",
          "fanart":"http://slurm.trakt.us/images/fanart/97.27.jpg",
          "banner":"http://slurm.trakt.us/images/banners/97.27.jpg"
     },
     "genres":["Drama","Thriller","Suspense","Crime","Mystery"],
     "seasons":[
          {"season":8,"episodes":[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12]},
          {"season":7,"episodes":[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12]},
          {"season":6,"episodes":[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12]},
          {"season":5,"episodes":[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12]},
          {"season":4,"episodes":[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12]},
          {"season":3,"episodes":[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12]},
          {"season":2,"episodes":[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12]},
          {"season":1,"episodes":[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12]}
     ]
}

If you go into the MB metadata manager and look at the Id's for this show, are they filled out and do they match the values from trakt.tv?

546ba59675aa4_Dexter.jpg

I have other providers enabled but MBS is only showing TVDB? yours is showing a lot more? How do you get IMDB? it is not even an option in the settings?

546ba6b773846_Capture.jpg

Edited by mbc0

Redshirt

Damn :)

The discrepancy in the available Id's stuck out to me as well. My guess would be that another program generated yours, XBMC, metabrowser, MCM?

I'm running out of ideas, but I'm wondering if there's whitespace in the values. Let me just put a build together that filters that out.

saitoh183

The last few days exposed a bug that has now been corrected. I want to believe that any issues now lie in either configuration or available data.

That being said. Let's pick one show in your library. one show that is watched on trakt.tv but not locally in MB. Confirm in MB that that show has either an imdb id or tvdb id at the series level. Also confirm that that show is actually in your collection in trakt.tv. The all and plays tabs aren't limited to what's in your collection. I want to eliminate the possibility that we have a show that is marked watched on trakt.tv but somehow isn't in your collection.

546bcef47373d_trakt.jpg

your right... Dexter says i have 13 eps not in collection...here is what i find weird.

Arrow says scrobbled but its not in my collection...shouldnt shows that you watch automatically be added to your collection? Same goes for Doctor who.

546be0df7d69c_Arrow.jpg

546be0ee84bec_DW.jpg

546be1069f6cf_Dex.jpg

So my only option is to fix them on trakt im guessing?

• Like 1