Luke

FreeNAS plugin

Luke

hola, que tal, sou nuevo en el uso de Emby me agrada mucho, pero me tope con un problema, o quiza algo estoy haciendo mal, tengo emby en un plugin de freenas, funciona perfecto con las peliculas y videos, pero cuando coloco imagenes o fotografias en alguna de las carpetas, la imagenes no se muestran, aun dando clic en fotos, ojala y me pudieran ayudar.

Hi there, what problem are you having?

ddywz

Are you able to SSH/SFTP into your FreeNAS server, browse to your iocage directory and see if there's a leftover directory in there? Usually it's stored in YOURDATASET/iocage/jails I use winscp or putty for this. It could be causing a conflict while trying to install. 

If that doesn't work we can probably walk you through a manual install instead of the plugins section

There is nothing there... Here is the view.. No signs of any emby or mdserver (the name I called it)

5ed86949ccf9d_Annotation20200603232107.j

I tried to install emby from community and not ixsystems,  still get that error. 

MRobi

There is nothing there... Here is the view.. No signs of any emby or mdserver (the name I called it)

5ed86949ccf9d_Annotation20200603232107.j

I tried to install emby from community and not ixsystems,  still get that error. 

Alright, might be time to do a manual install.

This should get you there although it's not an officially supported install method. Be sure to change your JAILIP/MASK and Gateway. It should look something like this ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.1.100/24" defaultrouter="192.168.1.1"

Going by memory too I believe samba48 has been replaced by samba410 so if you get an error on that one try samba410

iocage create -n "emby" 11.3-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|<JAILIP>/<MASK>" defaultrouter="<GATEWAY>" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on"
iocage console emby
pkg install mono libass fontconfig freetype2 fribidi gnutls iconv opus samba48 sqlite3 libtheora libva libvpx libvorbis webp libx264 x265 dav1d libzvbi libraw ImageMagick6
pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.4.3.0/emby-server-freebsd11_4.4.3.0_amd64.txz
sysrc emby_server_enable="YES"
service emby-server start
  • Like 2

ddywz

Thanks MRobi,  this procedure worked.  I only had to put a -r before 11.3-RELEASE  and had to use samba410 as you stated.  All went well and the jail is now created for emby.   So this is not considered a plugin?  When I go under plugins I don't see emby installed.  It is present only under the jails. 

I still like to find out what is stuck on the original config and why I can no longer re-install Emby plugin.

Anyway, thanks for the help to get this going.

MRobi

My bad, I forgot the -r in there! Oops!

This method is not considered plugins. Plugins are either official or community add-ons that are maintained by an individual. If that individual takes a month away from their pc and there's been 4 updates in that time period, you wait until they get back to update the plugin.

The method I just had you do was completely manual. Same end result, but instead of being managed by another individual, it's managed by you. You can update to any new version you want manually by updating the dependencies and then installing the new emby package which is hosted on their github. I personally prefer this method since it allows more flexibility in the install.

As to why the plugin install isn't working, I really couldn't say. It could be a problem with the plugin package itself. I'm not really sure who maintains either the official or the community plugin.