Artist Jump to letter not functioning

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

client 2.0.87

Gal S4

when scrolling down artists, if i hit a letter, it is registered/shows on screen, but i do not jump to the letter..i always jump to the same place towards beginning of sort order regardless of which letter i choose.

anyone else seeing this?

redshirt would you consider an option to show album artists rather than artists in the music view. personally its how i seek music 99% of the time.easier to find 1 in 500 rather than 1 in 7000.

thanks for considering..

Redshirt

I'm not able to reproduce that here, but there have been lots of under-the-hood changes between the last public release and the current beta release. Can anyone else confirm it's happening to them as well?

ginjaninja

I'm not able to reproduce that here, but there have been lots of under-the-hood changes between the last public release and the current beta release. Can anyone else confirm it's happening to them as well?

ok after a bit more investigation...this is whats happening.

the loading of 7000 artists takes a long time...it takes 10 minutes for the client to seem to appreciate the full set of 7000 artists. as shown by scrolling to the bottom of list and hitting the buffers...waiting a few seconds and more artists loading..rinse and repeat.

the jump to letter only works to the point that loading of the artist set has reached...

where X is the point  that has been loaded to for the artist set

and L is the letter chosen

if L<X then jump to L is successfull

if L>X then  i jump to X

Redshirt

hmm. I think I'm going to end up slightly revamping the music layout. The view I'm using means the first tabs to the left and right are actively downloading as well. So it will be trying to download an equally large album list as well as the artists. 

ginjaninja

As a regular music user my most used functions and requests are...

High-latest albums in library, browse by album artist, search by artist, in album view show track number and artist against track.....hyperlink to artist from track's artist, using android as remote for other clients to search and play music and manage queue.

Medium - search by album, in artist view group albumarrtist=artist sort by release date...in artist view group albumartist neq artist sort by album name.

Low-search by trackname.