Wrong metedata language for episodes description

hedeus
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Appears the TVDB ticket has been closed.  

Can everyone verify they can now get correct data.

If not please provide specific examples.

• Thanks 1

hedeus
9 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Appears the TVDB ticket has been closed.  

Can everyone verify they can now get correct data.

If not please provide specific examples.

I'll check it after work. Do I just update emby or there's some kind of beta version?

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, hedeus said:

I'll check it after work. Do I just update emby or there's some kind of beta version?

Just Refresh Metadata on the Show.  As this technically is/was a TVDB issue.

• Thanks 1

hedeus
9 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Just Refresh Metadata on the Show.  As this technically is/was a TVDB issue.

Nope( Issue is still present. First time I've tried updating metadata; didn't work. Then I've removed the library and added it again, same result.
image.thumb.png.11acc717417527bf6aca9e5b623cc747.png

Happy2Play

@Lukethis one is slightly different than the other topics as previously mentioned translation partially exists for title but not overview.  But for overview since there is no true eng query the fallback to original on language query only has jap overview.

2024-04-17 08:05:11.154 Info HttpClient: GET https://api4.thetvdb.com/v4/series/74796/episodes/official?page=0
2024-04-17 08:05:11.358 Info HttpClient: GET https://api4.thetvdb.com/v4/series/74796/episodes/official/rus?page=0
{
            "id": 318428,
            "seriesId": 74796,
            "name": "Сэмбондзакура, сокрушена! Дзангэцу прорывается сквозь небеса",
            "aired": "2005-11-08",
            "runtime": 25,
            "image": "/banners/v4/episode/318428/screencap/63bc050c2166c.jpg",
            "imageType": 11,
            "isMovie": 0,
            "number": 16,
            "seasonNumber": 3,
            "lastUpdated": "2023-04-19 17:01:42"
        }

image.thumb.png.150aaeeff54f7f218742d5ed7534891e.png

fallback to official for overview

{
            "id": 318428,
            "seriesId": 74796,
            "name": "千本桜、粉砕! 天を衝く斬月",
            "aired": "2005-11-08",
            "runtime": 25,
            "overview": "夜一の放った『瞬閧(しゅんこう)』の攻撃に圧倒される砕蜂。まだ夜一が刑軍の統括軍団長だった頃、代々刑軍に入隊するものを輩出してきた下級貴族の出身の砕蜂は、当時の夜一に大きな憧れを抱いていた。直属の護衛軍に入り、夜一のためにすべてを捧げていた砕蜂の思いが語られる。その頃、双極の丘では一護と白哉の激闘が続いていた。白哉に対して「卍解を出して攻撃してこい」と挑発する一護。しかし、白哉は始解(しかい)状態のまま攻撃してくる。",
            "image": "https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/v4/episode/318428/screencap/63bc050c2166c.jpg",
            "imageType": 11,
            "isMovie": 0,
            "number": 16,
            "seasonNumber": 3,
            "lastUpdated": "2023-04-19 17:01:42"
        }

Is there a reason for the "original no language" query in the first place?  As I guess it is the shows original language.

• Solution
Happy2Play

@hedeusCan you please retest with updated plugin 1.4.9. 

If it has not already updated you may have to restart your server for the task to pull the update.

• Thanks 1

hedeus
15 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Can you please retest with updated plugin 1.4.9. 

Issue is fixed! Just upadated metadata. Here's the results:
image.thumb.png.c35c9d8512e2a03ed2390c9eb1367650.pngimage.thumb.png.027f4e2f1510a16250bfce7048cbd991.png 

• Thanks 1

Zeckro

What do you mean "fixed"? Title and description language are still different!

Happy2Play
Just now, Zeckro said:

What do you mean "fixed"? Title and description language are still different!

Well someone need to translate all the info in provider site if you want them to match.  When fallback happens what do you want mixed title and overview, only translated and empty overwiew, Nothing?

Sounds like some expect different outcomes when metadata does not exist in their languages.

Zeckro
9 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Well someone need to translate all the info in provider site if you want them to match.  When fallback happens what do you want mixed title and overview, only translated and empty overwiew, Nothing?

Sounds like some expect different outcomes when metadata does not exist in their languages.

I don't get it, if there is no description in the chosen language, then so be it. I would prefer to have consistency. At least when I set my metadata language to a specific language, I don't want to have multiple languages for metadata. A series could have differences in the description language between seasons or even in a season, just because the description is not set for a couple of episodes. If I select a language on the TVDB website, I don't see a fallback description just because my chosen language does not have one. 

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, Zeckro said:

I don't get it, if there is no description in the chosen language, then so be it. I would prefer to have consistency. At least when I set my metadata language to a specific language, I don't want to have multiple languages for metadata. A series could have differences in the description language between seasons or even in a season, just because the description is not set for a couple of episodes. If I select a language on the TVDB website, I don't see a fallback description just because my chosen language does not have one. 

Currently there is no option for that as Emby will fallback to English filling in missing metadata do to lack of translation.

Zeckro
31 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Currently there is no option for that as Emby will fallback to English filling in missing metadata do to lack of translation.

That's a bummer.