Recently moved. Now Emby for Android stutters and lags

Suckboytony

Suckboytony

So I recently moved to a new place. Prior to moving, Emby for android worked perfectly, no playback issues. But now, at my new place, Emby on my android devices and google tv stutters and lags as if it were buffering the stream. Video plays for a few seconds and then stops to buffer anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds. this cycle will repeat indefinitely making watching anything virtually impossible. Does anyone know why this would be happening? When I moved, I kept my same internet provider, same network. When I play Emby on the host PC, it plays fine, no stutter. It's only when I try to play it on through the Android app or chromecast that it stutters. Any help is appreciated!

Suckboytony
Suckboytony
Posted (edited)

D

Edited by Suckboytony
Personal info displayed

rbjtech

Does the new place have brick walls ?

It sounds like your wifi signal may be weak vs where you were before.

Try moving the router/access point higher and closer if possible.

It may also be there is a lot of wifi network traffic from other houses causing congestion - it's unlikely in a domestic area, but possible.    Try a wifi scanner on your phone to see if anybody else is using the same wifi channels as you.

Edited by rbjtech

Suckboytony

@rbjtechAfter doing some research, I think it is a wifi signal strength. Did some speed tests and was getting a significantly weaker signal on my server pc, which is in a separate room from the router. I'm either going to move my pc closer to the router or buy a wifi booster for my pc. Thanks for the reply!

• Like 1

jaycedk

Is you server using wifi ?

Wired / cable is best practice.

Suckboytony
Posted (edited)

@jaycedkIt is on wifi. I didn't even think about a wired connection. I'll do that instead. Thank you

Edited by Suckboytony
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1