The main page only shows individual seasons of TV shows

zyhhh

zyhhh

I need the main page only shows individual seasons of TV shows. Not the TV shows information is displayed first, then the season information, and finally the episode can be selected, its need to click 3 times. When I chose to display the seasons of the same TV show separately, the main page simply showed 3 identical TV shows, instead of showing each season separately. I think this "show the seasons separately" feature may be needed. 

At the same time, I also ran into a problem: I put files from different seasons of the same TV show in different folders, and their root directory is my D drive or E drive, and I can't scan both drives. I don't want to prefix these season folders with "S1" or "S2" or something like that, because I name them after the seasons in the languages of the three countries, which would ruin the beauty of my stored files. But the fatal problem with this is that my emby can't scan the metadata of the season, it can only scan the video file but not the TV show or the season information, not even the local information (which I used to search and store with TinyMediaManager).In those season folders, I named each episode according to the format of "S1E1" and "S1E2", so it shouldn't be a problem to scan the information of the episode files within the season (at least on TinyMediaManager, each folder was successfully scanned separately, and it was automatically merged into one TV show after merging into KODI). I'd like to be able to add a certain amount of text search to the TV show information like TinyMediaManager to help the scraper find the right TV show and season information. This will help me to ensure that the information of the TV program is correctly searched by the scraper even if the file is stored in my way.

I understand that my question can be a bit tricky, I'm not trying to make it difficult for someone, it's my way of storing data. I think it is efficient. Let me know if there is anything  need to add please. It would be nice if could get a solution, thanks.

Hi.  Couldn't you use the "Folders" tab if that's how you want to see your content?

zyhhh

I can't find my TV shows in "Folders", only video files that haven't been searched by the scraper for video metadata. 

Hi, we do plan to support more mish-mash style folder structures, but we're not quite there yet. Until then, you may want to setup the library as home videos instead of tv shows. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.