Classification Mapper

TeamB

TeamB

New plugin to map classification ratings to allow clean up of classifications where there are mixed region classifications. This can help reduce the clutter.

You will need to set up your mappings, something like this:

image.png.3fab5bb8d1401a17fa2a03350489212e.png

The report on the settings page will help with your mappings showing you what you currently have in your library.

The idea is add all your local classification ratings and then add all the ones you want to map to them. In the example above a ratting of M will get changed to AU-M and the PG will be changed to AU-PG. You can have multiple (comma seperated) items that will get updated to the target, in the above example G,7,M6,TV-Y7,TV-G,GB-U,ES-TP,FSK-6 and BR-L will get mapped to AU-MA.

You need to run the Task for the items will be updated. The task is in the schedule tasks list.

Install:
The plugin is in the plugin catalogue under the Metadata area.

More info in this thread:
https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/97697-plug-in-request-parental-guidance-cleaner/

Classifications:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_content_rating_system

Source:
https://github.com/faush01/ClassificationMapper

Edited by TeamB
  • Like 4

jaycedk

Thank you for making this 👍

Good job 🤓

Now I can convert all those classifications that is not DK to DK.

Without having to goto tmdb or tvdb and editing or adding them manually.

Edited by jaycedk
Spelling

Junglejim

Thanks @TeamBgreat work! 👍

I think I've found a bug, The mappings don't survive a server restart, at least for me anyway.

I checked ../plugins/configurations/classification_mapping.xml and that was blank/empty.

I backed my mappings to a txt file just in case so all good. :)

TeamB

yeah it looks like it has a problem with 4.7, I will look into it

• Thanks 1

Junglejim
2 minutes ago, TeamB said:

yeah it looks like it has a problem with 4.7, I will look into it

Cheers! 🍻 Yeah I'm running stable: v4.7.14.0

TeamB
6 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Cheers! 🍻 Yeah I'm running stable: v4.7.14.0

having to test on two systems is a pain the the a$$

• Haha 2

TeamB
Posted (edited)

I have implemented a new config store that should work on both 4.7 and 4.8

Latest version of plugin pushed to catalogue (1.0.0.2)

Unfortuanatly you will need to enter in your mappings again.

In Stable 4.7 emby you should be able to see the old config in the config folder:
Emby-Server\programdata\config
there should be a file something like this:
classification-mapping.xml
that has your old config in it.

The new config file is called:
classification_mapper_config.json
and is now in JSON format instead of XML

Edited by TeamB
  • Thanks 1

jaycedk

I know this is not going to be easy.

In the list i have some set to "none" because they have no Classification or its not filled.

Guess we can't set "Nothing" to "something" because there is nothing to replace.

Is there a way to set those to NR or Not Rated.

Hope this makes sence.

image.thumb.png.41d9d728ae9ecbaedb9c904e57676f68.png

TeamB
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, jaycedk said:

I know this is not going to be easy.

In the list i have some set to "none" because they have no Classification or its not filled.

Guess we can't set "Nothing" to "something" because there is nothing to replace.

Is there a way to set those to NR or Not Rated.

Hope this makes sence.

image.thumb.png.41d9d728ae9ecbaedb9c904e57676f68.png

Yes it makes sence.

I was actually thinking about this last night. I noticed I have a few none/empty as well and when I went to filter on them in the Web Client I could not as empty is not a valid filter option.

It would be relativly easy to have the "none" as an actual replacable word in the mapping.

NA : none

I will have a play with this today and see if it breaks anything.

Edited by TeamB

TeamB
Posted (edited)

Also one of the last questions is what about locked items/fields?

ATM it just ignores if the field is locked and updates it anyway, this is probably not the best way, probably going to need at least some settings arround this to allow uses more control over what happens when a locked item/field is encountered.

Edited by TeamB
  • Agree 2

Junglejim
39 minutes ago, TeamB said:

Also one of the last questions is what about locked items/fields?

ATM it just ignores if the field is locked and updates it anyway, this is probably not the best way, probably going to need at least some settings arround this to allow uses more control over what happens when a locked item/field is encountered.

I had manually changed some fields to the wrong value (AU-MA15+ etc.) and the act of manually changing it will lock it. So I was glad it ignored that to start with. ;)

I can see why some would like control over this though.

• Agree 1

TeamB

Version 1.0.0.3

- add support for none, allows mapping of items with no classification
- add support for locked fields

• Thanks 3

jaycedk

NIce 👍 that worked great.

No more empty Classification, now they are locked to NR.

Like the Lock options 🤓

Good job, thank you 😁

Edited by jaycedk

kingy444

Could we add an option to apply these mappings to the custom mapping instead of just overwriting the main rating?

That way mappings to parental ratings can be updated without changing the actual source metadata

This would also solve the problem of needing to refresh your entire library when you decide to change the mapping - though perhaps there is a better way to handle that...

Think the plugin is a great addition as many AU ratings are missing, but the hole i see at the moment is:

• say i initially map the rating '15' to AU-MA+
  • After further consideration i want to update this rating to AU-M
  • The items are already set to AU-MA+, so without doing a full metadata refresh of my entire library the '15' will remain AU-MA+ and not AU-M

I do like the idea of all my metadata showing me AU-MA etc, but not sure about force refreshing in the future if i make a change

TeamB
16 minutes ago, kingy444 said:

Could we add an option to apply these mappings to the custom mapping instead of just overwriting the main rating?

That way mappings to parental ratings can be updated without changing the actual source metadata

This would also solve the problem of needing to refresh your entire library when you decide to change the mapping - though perhaps there is a better way to handle that...

Think the plugin is a great addition as many AU ratings are missing, but the hole i see at the moment is:

• say i initially map the rating '15' to AU-MA+
  • After further consideration i want to update this rating to AU-M
  • The items are already set to AU-MA+, so without doing a full metadata refresh of my entire library the '15' will remain AU-MA+ and not AU-M

I do like the idea of all my metadata showing me AU-MA etc, but not sure about force refreshing in the future if i make a change

yeah once you update an item to a larger group it can not be undone unless you either change that one item manually or do a refresh on that one item.

That is why I think the core emby team dont want to use this approach.

using the override is sub optimal as interface filtering and display does not use it, only parental control filtering I think uses it.

• Agree 1

Junglejim

This plugin is great for getting all the classifications sorted, whether you agree with the outcome or not is up to you. There are a lot of classifications that overlap and that's where  parental duties come into play.. Custom Rating...? 🤪

kingy444
3 hours ago, TeamB said:

yeah once you update an item to a larger group it can not be undone unless you either change that one item manually or do a refresh on that one item.

That is why I think the core emby team dont want to use this approach.

using the override is sub optimal as interface filtering and display does not use it, only parental control filtering I think uses it.

Yea i am just trying to think outside the box on a way to fix 'mix-ups' or even straigh change of opinion without a complete library refresh for every item.

What about Tagging?

Could you tag items that have had a custom rating applied?

You can then filter on that and you dont need to refresh the entire library ?
Something with a format like the below where 'CM-' (Classification Manager) is prepended to the classification?
CM-15
CM-DE-18
CM-TV-14
CM-ATP

Think this plugin a great addition - Just thinking down the line how to identify what the 'true rating' is easily / not having to refresh the entire library. The problem here being you are unlikely to know which items need to be refreshed as the library grows

TeamB
3 minutes ago, kingy444 said:

the 'true rating' is easily

but that is the problem, it has no true rating

I can see where you are comming from but even with tags it is not going to let you indentify individual items.

Again this is why the core team is not adding this, you can very easity screw up your classifications with no way back but to re scan your collection.

TeamB
12 minutes ago, kingy444 said:

Could you tag items that have had a custom rating applied?

I will look at adding a tag with the original rating but I dont think it is going to help much as all items with that rating will get the same tag.

kingy444

By true i just mean 'original' more than anything - in most cases these are just failure of the community to tag the source metadata provider

I was thinking along the lines of a scheduled task (that isnt scheduled) but you could run it to revert all the classifications based on the tags on demand. Take the CM-DE-18 tag, put that back on the parental rating and remove the tag. It would be as if Classification Manager never touched it.

Of course running the current scheduled task would just 're-map' them per your settings, but this would avoid requirement for a full library refresh

Edited by kingy444

7 hours ago, TeamB said:

Parental control governs display and interface...  The only thing that wouldn't be affected here would be actual "filters" in a view that has visibility to those items already.