Classification Mapper

TeamB

TeamB
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ebr said:

Parental control governs display and interface...  The only thing that wouldn't be affected here would be actual "filters" in a view that has visibility to those items already.

I am confused by this, the statment feels out of sync with what I said.

"Custom rating"

image.png.a8c1d643cc4270b7e2919a1332357e51.png

so my statment was that setting custom rating (override) was sub optimal as the mapped ratting (the one you want to display) is not actually displayed. Yes it would be used as a filter in the parental controls override in the library view user setup but from a item display point of view it would not show up, so in that case it is sub optimal when you are trying to make all your classification ratings show up correctly with local classifications.

Edited by TeamB

35 minutes ago, TeamB said:

but from a item display point of view it would not show up

Yes, that is correct (and currently by design).  Sorry if I confused things.  By "display" I thought you meant what items were displayed.

TeamB
15 hours ago, kingy444 said:

I was thinking along the lines of a scheduled task (that isnt scheduled) but you could run it to revert all the classifications based on the tags on demand. Take the CM-DE-18 tag, put that back on the parental rating and remove the tag. It would be as if Classification Manager never touched it.

I can add this but it would effectivly Roll Back all mapping changes, you would not be able to target just one.

The idea would be:

- add a mapping
- run the mapping
- oh crap I screwed it up
- roll back all mapping
- change your mappings to what you want
- run the mapping again to mapp all items again

Working like this I can see a use for that. Is that how you saw it working?

crusher11

Is it possible to add a way to figure out what library items have a given rating? I have some really weird ones, no idea what they'd map to, and no idea what items have that rating. Even just a list of the libraries in which that rating appears should be enough, as I could go there and filter.

TeamB
31 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Is it possible to add a way to figure out what library items have a given rating? I have some really weird ones, no idea what they'd map to, and no idea what items have that rating. Even just a list of the libraries in which that rating appears should be enough, as I could go there and filter.

just open the library in the web client and use the filter options.

• Agree 1

crusher11
4 hours ago, TeamB said:

just open the library in the web client and use the filter options.

I have lots of libraries, though, which is why I was saying listing the library (or libraries) where the rating occurs would help me know where to look.

TeamB
6 hours ago, crusher11 said:

I have lots of libraries, though, which is why I was saying listing the library (or libraries) where the rating occurs would help me know where to look.

how many?

TeamB

Latest version : 1.0.0.4

add backup to tags
add library filter to report

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Junglejim
2 hours ago, TeamB said:

Latest version : 1.0.0.4

add backup to tags
add library filter to report

Thanks mate, these extra options will come in handy when I refresh my libs (usually every 6 months).

At the moment I'm past the recovery stage but I'm happy with where things are at the mo. Just got to fix up some of my manual edits I did before this plugin existed. ;)

A future lib refresh will fix that, all classifications are unlocked so we are good to go... at some point in the future.. 😄

• Like 1

MagicDoubleM

Awesome plugin, it fills a gap here.

Two ideas came to mind:

a) TV-shows, they mostly have a rating, but single episodes rarely have a proper rating info. How about copying the show's rating (also the custom-rating) to every episode?
b) generating ratings based on stuff like path/file-names or libs for content without metadata