Plug-In Request: Parental Guidance Cleaner

DarkStar1977

DarkStar1977

Hi is there a possibility to get a Parental Guidance Cleaner Plugin like the Genre Cleaner Plugin ?

For US People probably has no sense but for people like me in Spain we end up having Movies with:

ES-APTA, ES/A, ES-G, G

ES-7, ES/7, ES-7, PG

Etc.

Now I've more than 60 different Parental Guide Codes for just 6 options (G, PG, PG-13, NC-17, R, X)

Would be very useful to have somethig similar as Genre Cleaner to consolidate all Parental Guides for movies and TV Shows, otherwise it's impossible to filter by that.

Thanks, and appologies if this is not the right forum section for this request.

• Like 5

Hi, yes it's possible for the future. It has been requested more than once before.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
DarkStar1977

Sorry for coming back to this, but is there any plans to have this ?

Seems not so different than Genre Cleaner plugin already present in Emby.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
TeamB

I had a quick look at my lib of moves, I am in Australia, this is what we have for ratings in Austraila

https://www.classification.gov.au/classification-ratings/what-do-ratings-mean

G
PG
M
MA 15+
R 18+
X 18+

And this is what I have in my lib

AU-M            122
12              82
AU-PG           75
PG              58
AU-MA15+        45
PG-13           39
R               38
A-TP            38
7               37
AU-G            32
M12             32
M               27
none            14
16              12
NR              11
G               11
12+             11
L               10
MA15+           10
14              9
10              8
M16             7
AU-MA 15+       6
18              5
16+             4
TV-MA           3
15              3
M6              3
18+             3
6+              3
AU-R18+         2
AU-R 18+        2
R18+            2
10+             2
14+             2
TP              2
ATP             2
A               2
K               2
T               2
-12             1
U               1
SAM13           1
TV-G            1
-10             1
UA13+           1
P               1
TV-PG           1
M14             1
NC-17           1
13+             1

Its all over the place

TeamB

ok so it looks like it is The TV DB that has a bunch of weird ratings for movies, switching the order and moving The TV DB to the bottom of the metadata scrapers list and doing a rescan I get the following now

AU-M            348
AU-PG           185
AU-MA15+        82
AU-G            59
AU-MA 15+       27
PG              20
PG-13           18
none            13
R               12
G               5
NR              5
AU-R18+         4
AU-R 18+        4
7               2
12+             1
M               1
NC-17           1
M6              1
M16             1

so much better but still a few that could map better

TeamB

but TV shows still have issues

TV-MA           37
TV-14           34
TV-PG           26
14              25
16              21
14+             15
12              13
TV-Y7           10
M               10
TV-G            7
18+             7
TV-Y            6
MA15+           5
PG              5
18              5
10              4
G               4
none            4
16+             3
AU-M            3
M16             2
L               2
12+             2
AU-PG           2
-16             1
AU-R18+         1
TP              1
+18             1
+13             1
7               1
PG-15           1
CA-PG           1
A               1
ES-TP           1

seanbuff
2 hours ago, TeamB said:

Its all over the place

Related:

I've brought up the Movies one previously. Still waiting for Luke to come up with something so that we can get them aligned.

TeamB
9 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

so that we can get them aligned.

AU-MA15+        82
AU-MA 15+       27

AU-R18+         4
AU-R 18+        4

yeah this is a pain, a few ways to "fix" it, just remove all spaces from ALL ratings, having a mapping...something else.

at least these are the "same" rating just seperated by the space.

And then there are siutations like this, from what I can see TMDB does not have a rating for AU so it alls back to the US one and that is ok but then it does not add the AU- to the front as it is not an actual AU ratting and thus I end up with split rattings

PG              20
and
AU-PG           185

• Agree 1

seanbuff
4 minutes ago, TeamB said:

from what I can see TMDB does not have a rating for AU

It does, but only if it's been added in the Release info for the entry, which I have manually been contributing to hundreds of titles on TMDB over the years.

Example:
image.png.d44567cbd6be99f1de9b8f7bf02e752a.png

But yes, if there isn't an Australian release entry, then it typically defaults to the US one.

TeamB
4 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

It does, but only if it's been added in the Release info for the entry

yep, that is what I meant, no release rating in AU so emby uses the US one and does nto add the AU- to the front, this is technically correct but still a pain.

perhaps a simple plugin that lets you map some of these and updates the data to the mapped value would be enough, let the user set up their own mappings and the plugin would just sub in the correct ratting based on what the user wanted.

seanbuff
2 minutes ago, TeamB said:

perhaps a simple plugin that lets you map some of these and updates the data to the mapped value would be enough, let the user set up their own mappings and the plugin would just sub in the correct ratting based on what the user wanted.

Exactly, a mapping process would be nice. However we're then back to my original problem in the other topic, in that, currently the internal AU ratings in Emby are without the <space> so are already mis-aligned with what TMDB has. Meaning, even if you were to map something, you wouldn't be able to choose the correct rating of MA 15+ and would only be able to "map" to MA15+ instead.

Which would continue to add to the duplication that we are currently seeing. Some of the new stuff that comes in from TMDB would have the space, and the rest that you've mapped wouldn't.

TeamB
25 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

Which would continue to add to the duplication that we are currently seeing. Some of the new stuff that comes in from TMDB would have the space, and the rest that you've mapped wouldn't.

wouldnt you just map "AU-MA 15+" -> "AU-MA15+"

just write a plugin that does the update nightly "AU-MA 15+" -> "AU-MA15+"

Edited by TeamB

seanbuff
1 hour ago, TeamB said:

wouldnt you just map "AU-MA 15+" -> "AU-MA15+"

just write a plugin that does the update nightly "AU-MA 15+" -> "AU-MA15+"

As a temporary solution, yes I agree that would work 

Ideally the permanent fix would be to have Emby comply with the official rating as per your classification link above (i.e. adding the space), which TMDB already comply with.

TeamB
1 hour ago, seanbuff said:

Ideally the permanent fix would be to have Emby comply with the official rating as per your classification link above (i.e. adding the space), which TMDB already comply with.

hang on, so if TMDB already comply with this then way is there an issue? If you use TMDB as you source of metadata and you refresh your data from TMDB then it shold be all good correct?
That is not what I am seeing, I still have mixed "AU-MA 15+" and "AU-MA15+"

seanbuff
17 minutes ago, TeamB said:

If you use TMDB as you source of metadata and you refresh your data from TMDB then it shold be all good correct?

In theory yes, but you'll only get the correct ones from TMDB that already have an AU rating. Anything that has ever been manually modified in Emby (which I do a lot of to get around the US rating) will only ever allow you to choose from the drop down list that has no space.

Those 4 x AU-R18+ movies you have, where is that rating sourced from, and have you ever manually edited those yourself?

Junglejim

Sorry to jump in on this convo, but this totally irritates me too. I have spent hours in table view sorting this out.. It messes with parental ratings, playlists/filters.. It's a pain!

Hopefully something can be done. 🤪

TeamB
3 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Sorry to jump in on this convo, but this totally irritates me too. I have spent hours in table view sorting this out.. It messes with parental ratings, playlists/filters.. It's a pain!

Hopefully something can be done. 🤪

by all means jump in, it is a wide spread problem and I feel would effect a bunch of users.

It is a hard nut to crack, well not technically, some text manipulation at import time and boom done correct, well not so much, with all the different sources and classification system out there it is next to impossible to play whac-a-mole with this and I understand why the emby team dont want to just "fix" it in the official metadata plugins.

also it is not just a matter of blindly mapping stuff in the official plugin or core as actually mapping a US PG to a AU PG is not actually correct and may be wrong in some cases.

anyway I will put together a classification mapping plugin that user can use to "fix" their classifications and we can see how well it works.

• Thanks 3

Junglejim
29 minutes ago, TeamB said:

by all means jump in, it is a wide spread problem and I feel would effect a bunch of users.

It is a hard nut to crack, well not technically, some text manipulation at import time and boom done correct, well not so much, with all the different sources and classification system out there it is next to impossible to play whac-a-mole with this and I understand why the emby team dont want to just "fix" it in the official metadata plugins.

also it is not just a matter of blindly mapping stuff in the official plugin or core as actually mapping a US PG to a AU PG is not actually correct and may be wrong in some cases.

anyway I will put together a classification mapping plugin that user can use to "fix" their classifications and we can see how well it works.

That would be great! I'm sure a lot of users would love a plugin like that! Including me. 👍