Pseudo TV for Emby

VicMoore

VicMoore

This should not be a problem, but I will double check.

Vic

VicMoore

The latest code is attached in Post 1 and below.  There are many improvements. Please post needed new improvements.

Vic

PseudoTV.zip PseudoTV.dll

• Like 1

CaseyP

Plugin has been working great so far for me, no bugs to report.

I do have a feature idea that I was curious if it was possible:

Ive got a user that loves to the show MASH. So I made a channel that is just MASH, nothing else. However they prefer to watch the episodes in order, but the season order to be random.

At the moment both PseudoTV and VirtualTV, can only do whole series/shows in random, or sequential (afaik). Would it be possible to add an option to do random seasons, but sequential episodes?

EDIT: Alternatively, a way to customize WHERE in the series the sequential episodes start would work too.

Right now, if I have the guide refresh every week, the channel will start with S01E01, meaning every.. Tuesday at 3pm, the same episode would play, every week.

Could it be possible to have the channel populate, in sequential order, but starting at a random episode, so it starts at the random episode of S04E11 and once the series ends, it starts back at S01E01? The next week it starts at random episode S02E04..etc

Edited by CaseyP

VicMoore

Hello @CaseyPYes you can do that.

image.png.b791ae9ff6c7cb85b9676791af41de43.png

Set the series to Random and the Episodes to sequential.

Let me know how this works. If you have any questions or requests, just let me know.

By the, please give me feedback on how easy or hard it is to build channels.

Vic

VicMoore

@CaseyPI may be wrong about what I just said. It may play the Episodes  from 1 to the end of the Series.

Vic

CaseyP
1 minute ago, VicMoore said:

@CaseyPI may be wrong about what I just said. It may play the Episodes  from 1 to the end of the Series.

Vic

No worries, I did give it a try, and yeah, after Season 1, it goes into season 2.

I edited the first post that you may not have seen, but my other idea was to change what the starting episode is when the guide is built, so instead of s01e01, could it just pick a random episode and start from there?

VicMoore

@CaseyPIf set the choice to random it will add episodes randomly.  Did you want to start randomly and move to sequentially?

Vic

CaseyP
38 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

@CaseyPIf set the choice to random it will add episodes randomly.  Did you want to start randomly and move to sequentially?

Vic

Correct, start randomly (any episode), play sequentially based off that starting episode

VicMoore

@CaseyPGive me a little time to think about how to implement your request. I will get back with you late tomorrow.

Vic

kjhedges

@VicMooreA thought on the media items showing in legacy next up

What about define a default user. I can then add a new user of pseudo tv and anything played for that user won’t show in any other users next up

• Like 1

VicMoore
Posted (edited)

I corrected a few simple bugs and added a modal for editing the Tags and Genres of media items. This addition is for making adjustments to tags and genres when needed. 

Vic

PseudoTV.zip PseudoTV.dll

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

@kjhedgesI fixed a bug in the Smart Search. You no longer need to specify at least one filter.

On the topic of a default user,  This is a great idea, but I would prefer adding it after the base platform is very stable.  

Vic

kjhedges
1 minute ago, VicMoore said:

On the topic of a default user,  This is a great idea, but I would prefer adding it after the base platform is very stable.  

Vic

Cool.  I look forward to this feature.  I’m sure others are too. 

currently I am just removing any added media items from legacy next up manually. 

I will download and install your latest version later and check out the current features. 

VicMoore

@CaseyPI like your idea, but it requires a major upgrade to the rule's engine. I plan to do this later in the year.  In the meantime, I am looking at improving the Smart Search and may be able to solve your problem sooner.

Vic

mickle026

Tested this today and functionality of the tv when loaded with items is great! ,

seems to have an issue with browser tabs when selecting play with live tv from a web browser.  If I play from PseudoTV and select it from the second browser tab the stream might open in the first tab or both tabs.

If I select another channel (BBC1 UK) after stopping PSeudoTV channel, then click play the PSeudoTV channel plays again, stop and play again BBC1 will play - thats a bit strange.

This strange behaviour happens only seems to happen from pseudotv , its not happening when I switch from iptv to homerun tuner, i dont know what would cause that.

Smart Search has a few caveats

If I do not put a codec - which I would prefer not to - it returns 0 items (0 codecs should = any)

if i put Genre: Action it returns 0 items, but if I put *Action* it returns many items

If I cancel a smart search I cause Emby to stay with spinner and have to reboot the server.

Overall a cool adition to the server though! :) - progress is good! It took me 2 years to finally nail a metadata fetcher that works well!

Edited by mickle026

VicMoore

Hello @mickle026Thanks so much for your kind words.  I have not yet experienced the problem of TV shows playing on two browser tabs simultaneously. The TV tuner platform was designed and written by @Luke and it has worked flawlessly for months. I will try to duplicate the problem and fix it. Thanks so much for reporting this problem.

Today, I fixed a major bug in the Smart Search engine.  Give it a try again and let me know if it works better now. Also, please let me know if you have any ideas about how I can make the engine better.

I am also interested in knowing if the channel building process was easy and straightforward to learn and use. Is there anything in the process that you would change?

The latest plugin is posted below and on post 1.

Thanks again, Vic

PseudoTV.dll

mickle026

I find the order of the buttons a little confusing (ok I understand it, but not intuitively)

This is just my opinion so please dont take it a critisism, I also do this whilst getting my plugins up and running.  You have probably done that for ease of debugging which i totally understand.

So for me I would put things in order that you would do them, so that its intuative.  Let me show an example of what i mean.

Add Channel would be first thing I need to do, so that would be first, so Prev Channel and Next Channel would not be shown until there was at least one channel.

So I would only show Add Channel and Help to begin with

HEADER>

Pseudo TV Configuration

Add New Channel  |  Help ?

<hr>

Then when a channel was added I would put on a row below the buttons for that page, then all the add channel items would be separate from the header and you would know instictively that the buttons above the <hr> would change below it etc

HEADER>

Pseudo TV Configuration

Add New Channel  |  Help ?

<hr>

CONTENT>

< Prev Channel Delete Channel Update EPG  Next Channel >

Setup Channel 1 of 1 Channels

If I click Smart Search on Movies, then the filter for movie = true should already be set ,( typo here Is Movie = true" and after Require Audio Codec" - the double quotes )

Screenshot2024-03-29at20-58-19TVSourceSetup.png.10d33fb3c2840f3b15fec704ad4913c9.pngsmartfilter.jpg.c707575c1a0ee6fe46a226e7312462fe.jpg

Codecs should be able to be ignored - for any codec as a choice

When you get the Poster images are you getting the full size or the thumbs? - it seems pretty slow

Anyway for me  the search for content button is weirdly at the top - I would have thought it was the last thing to do/click so it should be at the bottom ??  followed by the cancel search

FOOTER >

<hr>

Test The RulesSearch For Content  | Cancel Search

Like I said this is how I would find it more intuative, but thats only my thoughts - what do you think?

• Like 1

VicMoore

@mickle026I think your ideas are great.  I am going to start working on how to implement them. 

On another topic. I believe the problem you are experiencing with Emby media playing on two tabs, is being caused by the code I added to Lukes tuner.  This TV Tuner was designed to play media through the standard Emby channels, and thereby it benefits from all of the Emby advantages. The problem is that this tuner plays all media from the beginning, rather than the current time, and the next media item in the EPG does not play after the current one finishes. The Emby team is working on these problems, but at a low priority. The virtualTV plugin has the same problem. @pünktchensolved the problem by sending a playlist to the client just after it starts playing the chosen EPG program. I took this page from his playbook and added a few lines of code to Lukes TV tuner platform to send a playlist to the client when Emby starts playing EPG content.  It's done when Emby receives the first status report from the client. The code is just 25 or so lines of C#.  This works well for all of the EMBY clients except the web client. Mostly the web client performs OK, but once in a while it starts doing strange things when it receives the "Play Now" command, along with the playlist, from Emby.  I will study this problem further after Easter.

Vic

VicMoore
Posted (edited)

@mickle026I implemented some of your ideas.  Let me know it the GUI is better now. The new plugin is attached below.

I was loading full size images. I should change to thumbnail. 

Vic

PseudoTV.dll

Edited by VicMoore

mickle026

Smart search seems to be working much better :) , and seems very much faster ? :)

I didn't put a codec and just put action without *

Screenshot2024-03-30at02-35-51TVSourceSetup.png.ec4c089940888e946fd0fa10511058e8.png

Can you add a SelectAll button here in smart search next to clear selections?

I know the screenshot below has too many results but with a  more filted list that button will be handy

for example I could select all action movies, then deselect a few that i dont really want in there etc

Screenshot2024-03-30at02-27-38TVSourceSetup.png.e6d8d5551eb85f68196409ceaab642f9.png

Also when I do a second search on the same page, the first results dont dissaper if the retruned result is 0

Edited by mickle026

Kyrunner

Just installed the plugin added a channel with movies but when I go to play the movie is playing the extras that are in the movie folder. How can I exclude extras? 

VicMoore

Hello @KyrunnerYou must be playing the movies in the Emby Web Client (Browser). Is this true? If so, then I am working on the problem. Everything should play OK on your TV.

Vic

Kyrunner
3 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Hello @KyrunnerYou must be playing the movies in the Emby Web Client (Browser). Is this true? If so, then I am working on the problem. Everything should play OK on your TV.

Vic

I was playing on my PC using the Emby Windows app, but I tried on my shield, and everything works fine no extras are playing. 

Next question anyway to remove anything played on the live tv guide from Continue watching?