Merger of Same Album Artist and./or Artist

VU3KTB

I have a suggestion. While adding tags to music files, each user has his own way of doing and many times, although at user level the Album Artist and or Artist are appearing the same in Mp3tag, when we add the albums, more than one Album Artist or Artist are appearing in Emby. No matter how many times it is ensured that the same Artist and or Album Artist is ensured, this problem is persisting. Therefore, I request you to give a provision to merge same Album Artist or Artist at user level, so that any mistakes or hidden problems can be overcome. This provision is available in Plex.  This will help in keeping the Emby look wonderful with just one Primary Image showing per Artist. I am attaching a screen shot where more than one album artist is added although I have ensured Album artist is same for all the files in Mp3tag.

Kindly consider this suggestion.

Suggestion to Emby.jpg

Edited by VU3KTB
Image not uploaded, minor mistakes rectification
  • Agree 1

My point is very simple. Just give provision for the User to merge the Artists and/or Album artist as per his wish. This will make everything simple. 

35 minutes ago, VU3KTB said:

All files are properly sorted and arranged albumwise and tagged in MP3Tag with a common Album Artist.

Do they also have musicbrainz id's?

Dear Sir,

Mine was only a suggestion to provide a provision to merge Artists and Album Artists so that majority of the music lovers who use Emby shall be benefited. Similar provision is very much there in Plex free version. If it is possible to give please do provide.

If you do not wish to give and reserve it for paid version, it is OK. No issues.  You may close the topic.

Edited by VU3KTB

32 minutes ago, VU3KTB said:

Dear Sir,

Mine was only a suggestion to provide a provision to merge Artists and Album Artists so that majority of the music lovers who use Emby shall be benefited. Similar provision is very much there in Plex free version. If it is possible to give please do provide.

If you do not wish to give and reserve it for paid version, it is OK. No issues.  You may close the topic.

Hi, I do have interest in this feature, however, simultaneously I'd also like to learn what happened so that we can improve the automatic behavior. That is why I'm asking these questions.

Hello, Good Morning from India.

I wish to inform that I have never matched with MusicBrianz IDs. Matching with the MusicBrianz ids is very laborious process and of late their free software of Music Briaz Picard is not working properly and sometimes deleting the mp3 files altogether when we go in for matching ids and/or to get title, artist details where I know only track name and the singer name or album. I cleaned my data of music with mp3tag only and it is working perfectly well in Plex. May be one or two folders go astray and I just bring them into the fold by clubbing it with the same Album Artist. 

Therefore, my suggestion is to give provision of merging same Album Artist together at User level. This provision is very much available in Plex Free Version also. 

Also I observe that (just last night) the following:

• Suppose, there are 20 album folders of an Artist or Group kept in the main folder. When we add this, Emby is showing more than 20 albums, breaking the song sequences may be according to CDwise track numbers within a single album. This part also deserves to be looked into for user level merger, which is easier  hassle free than matching with Musicbrianz ids.

"what happened so that we can improve the automatic behavior"

Anything could have happened because there are myriad of permutations and combinations in the millions of songs which have cross references also. By and Large mp3tag is more than enough for a casual music lover with a modicum of music collection. Hope you shall change the automatic behaviour to suit the cleaned data. This anyhow Emby is asking whether the songs are all structured or unstructured. There itself an option can be given have you matched with MusicBrianz Ids or cleaned the data with mp3tag and if the user chooses mp3tag, option to merge album artist may be available. For those very particular about matching ids with MusicBrianz can continue to have the present system without the provision of merging.

Edited by VU3KTB
Addition of an after thought
  • Thanks 1