Playback Freezes on Android App

Oracle
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Oracle

Hello,

I am encountering an issue when playing media via my Android mobile device where playback freezes after ~5 minutes. It is not related to the media source, as this is occurring with multiple episodes of various TV shows. Attached in my most recent server log, from about 5 minutes ago. The episode in question in this example is Back to the Future - The Hill Valley Chronicles S01E01. Taking a quick look at the log, I wasn't seeing anything out of the ordinary. Perhaps running IntroSkip simultaneously could cause issues, but this has only occurred in the past few days, and IntroSkip has been integrated/running for the last couple of months. Can someone give me a hand? No rush on this, it's not urgent.

Thanks!

EDIT: This can be moved to the Android App subforum. I didn't realize there was one.

embyserver.txt

Edited by Arly (Sprinkles)
Thread Move

rbjtech
1 hour ago, Arly (Sprinkles) said:

and IntroSkip has been integrated/running for the last couple of months.... 

Months ?! - You either have a HUGE media collection, or you are running on very low powered hardware.  If low powered hardware, then I suspect this is going to be having a big impact on playback performance as Introskip (both Core & Plugin) are pretty intensive on disk I/O, especially creating the fingerprint files.

Edit - I see from the log you are running the Introskip Plugin with credit detection - this is going to be VERY hard on resources - doing a video black frame detection in ffmpeg.   This is likely your problem.  Maybe run it out of normal hours ?

Edited by rbjtech

Oracle
22 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Months ?! - You either have a HUGE media collection, or you are running on very low powered hardware.  If low powered hardware, then I suspect this is going to be having a big impact on playback performance as Introskip (both Core & Plugin) are pretty intensive on disk I/O, especially creating the fingerprint files.

Edit - I see from the log you are running the Introskip Plugin with credit detection - this is going to be VERY hard on resources - doing a video black frame detection in ffmpeg.   This is likely your problem.  Maybe run it out of normal hours ?

By months, I meant that I had the plugin installed for a couple months, not that it had been running for a couple months. It runs for a couple hours then finishes. Thanks for the feedback, I'll implement some automation tonight that should schedule those out to like 2-5AM or something, where no one is using it.

• Agree 1

• Solution

Hi, please try removing these plugins:

Admin Buddy 1.0.0.2
	Auto Organize 1.6.2.0
	Cycle Images 0.1.0.0
	Episode Refresh 1.0.0.1
	Guest Star Cleaner 0.1.0.0
	Intro Skip 1.0.0.0
	Smart Playlist 2.4.0.1
	TimeLordMovies 19.8.3.1105
	TimeLordTV 19.8.3.1105

Then restart the server and let us know how that compares. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Oracle
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Apologies for not getting back sooner on this! Life has been hectic!

Removing some of those plugins seemed to have worked, I havent noticed any issues since.

• Thanks 1