Diffusion CAST

MAX92

MAX92

Bonjour,

Il y a quelque chose que je ne comprends pas. J'arrive très bien à diffuser Youtube sur ma TV en Cast 

image.thumb.jpeg.b4d2674a5c99bacb48e9bb09d4245954.jpeg

Mais quand j'appuie sur la fonction sous EMBY for Android je n'ai pas les mêmes appareils :

image.thumb.jpeg.e482553884e4459fa2c80e33feb4788d.jpeg

Je ne comprends finalement même pas à quoi cela correspond car ce sont des appareils sur lesquels EMBY est installé et qui n'appartiennent pas à mon compte MAI....

Vous pouvez vous le compte Mam... et Jon...

Est-ce que quelqu'un peut m'expliquer ? 

Merci

HI, you can restrict remote control access in Emby user management:

Enable remote control of other users

For the missing devices, do you have the Emby app installed on them and running?

MAX92

Thanks @Luke 

My problem is why I can't cast ENBY on my TV like I do for Youtube. I don't have youtube on my TV but I can cast on it. (1st picture [TV] Samsung LED55).

I have not the same thing on EMBY when I want to cast my mobile.

GrimReaper
2 hours ago, MAX92 said:

I don't have youtube on my TV

Are you sure about that? 

GrimReaper

I honestly thought casting not possible from within any app without supported app on the other side (not Miracast/Screen mirroring). And as content is streamed directly from your server to your TV, I don't quite see a way for it to be feasible without Emby client app at the receiving end/your TV. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 10:24 AM, MAX92 said:

@GrimReaperSo you're saying that you can only cast an application on hardware if the application is installed on the hardware? Who can confirm ? 

@MAX92 it needs to be in the same local network as your Emby Server.

MAX92

@LukeYou mean that it is not possible to cast when you are not on your local network ? I think I have done it even I was not on my local network. And for some EMBY's proposition, there are not my local network (example Téléphone de Jo...)

visproduction

Max, check also if you are using 2.4 or 5 Ghz on your TV connecting to the Wifi.  Sometimes, changing that choice or even adding both the Wifi and Ethernet (if you are using Ethernet to the TV) can solve making the TV available.

• 3 weeks later...
MAX92

Je continue mon histoire. J'ai l'application sur ma télévision LG et sur mon téléphone. 

Je voulais lancer sur ma télévision en cast un vidéo à partir de mon téléphone. Malheureusement je n'ai pas la télévision comme option. Je suis donc perdu... 😬 

Si je veux diffuser une vidéo YouTube pas de problème, je vois bien la télévision comme option. 

Edited by MAX92

Randdrick

Bonsoir Max,

Pour moi, c'est ta version de Chromecast qui pose problème, pas vraiment Emby. Et à la base, ta version de Chromecast est liée à la version de ton Android TV. Sachant que visiblement, ce n'est pas ce qui se fait de mieux sur LG. 
De deux choses l'une. Soit tu peux mettre à jour ta version de Chromecast sur ta TV (en espérant qu'elle soit suffisamment récente pour Emby), soit tu arrives à mettre à jour ta version d'Android TV (Ce qui est encore le mieux).
De plus, sache que ChromeCast (pourtant largement utilisé) est un produit comportant de nombreux bugs (surtout si ta version d'Android TV est inférieur à la version 9)

MAX92

Merci de ta réponse @Randdrickmais j'aimerai avoir des certitudes maintenant cette utilisation en particulier.

@LukeIs it possible to have some certainty about the use of what can be done with cast ?

On 4/12/2023 at 3:16 AM, MAX92 said:

Merci de ta réponse @Randdrickmais j'aimerai avoir des certitudes maintenant cette utilisation en particulier.

@LukeIs it possible to have some certainty about the use of what can be done with cast ?

Hi, yes what is your question about chrome cast?

MAX92

@Luke

I can't stream EMBY on my LG TV and I don't know why. I have no problem to cast Youtube. You can see on the picture at the beggining of the post.

I have EMBY on my TV but it doesn't change nothing. 

9 hours ago, MAX92 said:

@Luke

I can't stream EMBY on my LG TV and I don't know why. I have no problem to cast Youtube. You can see on the picture at the beggining of the post.

I have EMBY on my TV but it doesn't change nothing. 

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

23 hours ago, MAX92 said:

@LukeI have no DLNA activity because I don't see my TV on EMBY. So I can't lauch anything

Make sure the Play To feature is enabled in Emby Dlna settings. On your TV you may also have to enable a setting to allow other devices to be able to control it. 

MAX92

I have the option on Emby server but I don't know where is the setting to allow other devices to be able to control it on ENBY for Android 

Can you help me @Luke ?

Other question : to use this, is it necessary that the server and emby for Android are on the same LAN ? 

18 hours ago, MAX92 said:

I have the option on Emby server but I don't know where is the setting to allow other devices to be able to control it on ENBY for Android 

Can you help me @Luke ?

Other question : to use this, is it necessary that the server and emby for Android are on the same LAN ? 

Yes, DLNA is for use on the same network as the server.

19 minutes ago, MAX92 said:

@LukeSo If the server is in New-York and the TV where I want to cast my Smartphone is in Miami, it is impossible ? 

It's possible, using an Emby app on the TV, or Chromecast.