Emby problem with TCL TV

njf

papugo1980
7 hours ago, vaise said:

Is this directed to emby support?  As that is not a solution for media owners with thousands if not tens of thousands of files that play fine with jellyfin.  The issue is not the media.

yes but at least by doing so I was able to buffer the problem, this job is done when I use chromcast

• 2 weeks later...
papugo1980
1 hour ago, Luke said:

What server version and operating system are you guys on?

4.7.13.0 synology nas

Dsm 7.2

Edited by papugo1980

vaise

Beta 39.  Can’t go to .40 until the password requirement is removed on lan.

unraid docker container.

pwhodges
18 minutes ago, vaise said:

Can’t go to .40 until the password requirement is removed on lan.

You do realise, I hope, that it won't be removed.  What will happen, as far as I can see, is improved memory for multiple user logins at the clients.

Paul

vaise
5 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

You do realise, I hope, that it won't be removed.  What will happen, as far as I can see, is improved memory for multiple user logins at the clients.

Paul

As I said in my post on the subjects, we have multiple rooms with shared tv access, so 6 profiles.  2 of those can’t enter a password when they click on. Their face as they are too young.  The clicking on another user must be remembered in lan for all.  Once during setup is ok but never again.  Another is the wife and if they force her to put a password in EVER (except maybe once only) on the lan, that will be unfortunately be the end of emby for us.

there are many others in the same boat.  And we are just the beta people.  Imagine the thousands of others.

pwhodges

The multiple remembered logins will mean that once each is logged in with password they can be switched to without password (this has already been added to the beta client for Roku, but I haven't tested it yet) - so long as they are not explicitly logged out.

Paul

vaise
14 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

The multiple remembered logins will mean that once each is logged in with password they can be switched to without password (this has already been added to the beta client for Roku, but I haven't tested it yet) - so long as they are not explicitly logged out.

Paul

explicitly logged out ?  thaty is something we often do here.  I guess the 'change user' feature does not log out.  If that is the solution, then we will have to get in the habit of doing that.  I am not going to be popular around here until that is set in stone with everyone.  Out emby startup is set to always show the profiles to pick from - it had better be remembering the password then.

Edited by vaise

5 hours ago, Luke said:

What server version and operating system are you guys on?

Windows 10 and I moved to the Beta 4.8.0.40 in trying to trouble shoot the issue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All please try the latest Emby for GoogleTV beta app.

Its fixed all my issues. 

2.0.93 (7 Sep)
  • Tweak Exo settings
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vaise said:

Its fixed all my issues. 

2.0.93 (7 Sep)
  • Tweak Exo settings

Where can I find this beta?

seanbuff
10 minutes ago, robbom said:

Where can I find this beta?

You will need to sideload to your device.

• Like 1

If you have not registered for the androidTV beta, then you wiull have to sideload as @seanbuffsays.

If you use the emby beta server version, then you should maybe also signup for the android beta, then you can just update the app from the google play store in the normal way, or wait for it to auto update. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vaise said:

Its fixed all my issues. 

2.0.93 (7 Sep)
  • Tweak Exo settings

THis update has fixed it with out any other settings changes

I did the side loading

Edited by robbom

4 minutes ago, Trevor68 said:

I'm in the beta channel, but only have 2.0.92 installed? Is there a way to update besides sideloading?

I just went to the google play store on the TV, searched for emby, selected it and clicked update

Edited by vaise