Emby problem with TCL TV

njf

PrinzValium

Now i found a workaround. I installed Emby for Android TV 1.8.55g and the Files are working without an issue.

Is ist possible to identify the problem with this information?

papugo1980
8 hours ago, PrinzValium said:

Now i found a workaround. I installed Emby for Android TV 1.8.55g and the Files are working without an issue.

Thanks, I have to try it too, so something went wrong for tcl in the various updates

seanbuff
8 hours ago, PrinzValium said:

I installed Emby for Android TV 1.8.55g

Any particular reason you went back that far? That version is almost 2 years old and there have been many many updates since then.

papugo1980
57 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

Any particular reason you went back that far? That version is almost 2 years old and there have been many many updates since then.

I think it's the same problems I have with eac3 audio or any dolby with a bitrate equal to or greater than 640kbs, they cause distorted audio and audio/video hiccups, the Dts instead is fine, these TVs have an integrated soundbar, and the problem in my opinion is that it doesn't pass it directly to the soundbar

papugo1980

I add that the problem does not occur when using an external player, it does not occur on jellyfin or plex using exoplayer, but only on emby with exoplayer

• Like 1

PrinzValium
21 hours ago, seanbuff said:

IT was the First Version before Version 2 which i found.

Edited by PrinzValium

papugo1980
On 3/19/2023 at 11:44 PM, PrinzValium said:

Hi, yesterday I also tested this version, and it's not good, because it reproduces everything but downmixes to stereo
I have Tcl C835

PrinzValium
1 hour ago, papugo1980 said:

Hi, yesterday I also tested this version, and it's not good, because it reproduces everything but downmixes to stereo
I have Tcl C835

At my setup nothing is downmixing. Its real DD+ or DTS with the Icon in the left up corner at TV. Maybe you have some wrong settings in Emby app?!?

Also Atmos is working with the "TCL Icon" in the corner.

You set the passthrough setting in TCL settings? Both passthrough and auto works by me.

Edited by PrinzValium

• 1 month later...
robbom
On 20/03/2023 at 07:51, PrinzValium said:

Hi I,m having the Same issues in TCL c735 with EAC3 and Atmos audio. Jellyfin Works without a Problem and on other clients (Firestick,Android Phone, Windows) emby also Works with These Files. Only on my TCL TV emby doesnt Work proberly.

I'm also having same issue,

The netflix app is working fine but in EMBY the ATMOS sounds like it's under water and the AAC doesn't allow the video to play at all.

If i use play back correction and press it twice the AAC files will work

But for the ATMOS files this just gets the server to transcode them as standard DD

I also took the Chromecast 4k that was working fine in a Hisense TV with the same sound bar now attached to the TCL and it also can't pass the audio from with in the Emby app

papugo1980
3 hours ago, robbom said:

I'm also having same issue,

The netflix app is working fine but in EMBY the ATMOS sounds like it's under water and the AAC doesn't allow the video to play at all.

If i use play back correction and press it twice the AAC files will work

But for the ATMOS files this just gets the server to transcode them as standard DD

I also took the Chromecast 4k that was working fine in a Hisense TV with the same sound bar now attached to the TCL and it also can't pass the audio from with in the Emby app

Do you have problems with Ac3 and 640kbs bitrate?

robbom
2 hours ago, papugo1980 said:

Do you have problems with Ac3 and 640kbs bitrate?

well the files are over 640kbs in the case of the AC3 files sound all under water but also the atmos sound the same in EMBY

I will upload the video so people can hear how bad it sounds same file no issue in Jellyfin or Netflix App with same TV C735 and sound bar Sonos

https://pasteboard.co/ET4GaIFkH2qJ.jpg

Edited by robbom

papugo1980
2 ore fa, robbom ha detto:

beh i file sono oltre 640kbs nel caso dei file AC3 suonano tutti sott'acqua ma anche l'atmosfera suona lo stesso in EMBY

Caricherò il video in modo che le persone possano sentire quanto suona male lo stesso file nessun problema in Jellyfin o nell'app Netflix con la stessa TV C735 e soundbar Sonos

https://pasteboard.co/ET4GaIFkH2qJ.jpg

I also have problems with Ac3 or eac3 with a bitrate of 640kbs

• Like 1

robbom
On 20/03/2023 at 07:51, PrinzValium said:

Hi I,m having the Same issues in TCL c735 with EAC3 and Atmos audio. Jellyfin Works without a Problem and on other clients (Firestick,Android Phone, Windows) emby also Works with These Files. Only on my TCL TV emby doesnt Work proberly.

exactly the same for me

robbom

Hi

Further to this if I set the emby app to use external player and pick the TCL built in video player or VLC or Kodi they can all play the files without issue.

It's definitely something to do with the app trying to work with the TCL pass through

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 7:29 PM, robbom said:

Hi

Further to this if I set the emby app to use external player and pick the TCL built in video player or VLC or Kodi they can all play the files without issue.

It's definitely something to do with the app trying to work with the TCL pass through

@robbom

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

4 hours ago, robbom said:

Hi

I can't side load the apk it tells me its not supported on my device

What version of Android is it running?

robbom
11 hours ago, ebr said:

What version of Android is it running?

Android TV OS Version 11

Kernel Version 4.19.116+

Android TV OS Build AR2101

On 5/14/2023 at 5:01 AM, robbom said:

Hi

I can't side load the apk it tells me its not supported on my device

@robbomis it the play store that said it's not compatible? If so then yes you can still install even despite this message. Did you try to sideload?

robbom
2 hours ago, Luke said:

@robbomis it the play store that said it's not compatible? If so then yes you can still install even despite this message. Did you try to sideload?

In the play store I can install Emby but the issue is as above

but if I use a browser and click the Download APK for ARM it tells me its not supported on my device

If i use an external play in the EMBY app I can watch files with out issue that freeze if I use the inbuild player. 

But this mean's i'm not getting resume from points and also with my live TV (HD Homerun) some channels are behaving like the files were for the internal play

This is the behavior in the built in player

files loads and shows first frame but no sound and file does not play video, LIVE TV works for all channels

This is the behavior in the external player

files loads and run perfectly, LIVE TV does not work for some channels.

***Same things happen if I plug a Chromecast Ultra HD in to the TV and stream via it instead of the the native TV android

15 hours ago, robbom said:

In the play store I can install Emby but the issue is as above

but if I use a browser and click the Download APK for ARM it tells me its not supported on my device

If i use an external play in the EMBY app I can watch files with out issue that freeze if I use the inbuild player. 

But this mean's i'm not getting resume from points and also with my live TV (HD Homerun) some channels are behaving like the files were for the internal play

This is the behavior in the built in player

files loads and shows first frame but no sound and file does not play video, LIVE TV works for all channels

This is the behavior in the external player

files loads and run perfectly, LIVE TV does not work for some channels.

***Same things happen if I plug a Chromecast Ultra HD in to the TV and stream via it instead of the the native TV android

What APk file did you try to install?

robbom
On 18/05/2023 at 03:51, Luke said:

What APk file did you try to install?

So I stuffed around and was able to side load the arm APK from your link before so it's installed Emby and looks different to the EMBY for Android TV.

So the video files now play but the Dolby Atmos sound is off sounds garbbled and like its underwater

blackstar88

im using a tcl 735 and for me one of the issues seem to  be with aac sound file when change it to 2.0 sound it plays without issue but if not the video either freeze or stutters...  ive tryd sideloading it like @Luke suggested with arm v7a working latest but still there 4k dolby visio with atmos sound no problem using eac3 codec on audio but AAC LC seem to be an issue ive tryd using exoplayer from android tv and not built it and that works even with vlc using emby and that works (i mean aac lc works with emby but chosing not to run from exo inside player and instead external player) but that looses the hole emby value abit ...

when using nvidia shield i have no problem with neither of codecs 

so issue seem to be on embys front with atleast tlc something is missing luke and co.

even tryd downloading plex (i hate plex) (love emby more simple) and that one also works on the tcl aac lc .... PLS try fix it pls since i dont want realy to use shield and use the tcl emby android tv instead :D

blackstar88

update i tryd playing a serie with aac lc and didnt work did same with a movie using 

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AAC LC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID                                 : mp4a-40-2
Duration                                 : 21 min 11 s
Duration_LastFrame                       : -11 ms
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 224 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel layout                           : C L R Ls Rs LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 34.0 MiB (10%)
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : Yes
Alternate group                          : 1
Encoded date                             : UTC 2022-0

exactly same specs on movie as on the tv show on audio part ... like i said didnt work with the tv show but the movie it worked...

the video codec part on the tv show 

ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : HEVC
Format/Info                              : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile                           : Main 10@L4@Main
Codec ID                                 : hev1
Codec ID/Info                            : High Efficiency Video Coding
Duration                                 : 21 min 11 s
Bit rate                                 : 1 998 kb/s
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 24.000 FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.040
Stream size                              : 303 MiB (90%)
Writing library                          : x265 3.3+4-rarbg-30eb4de83092:[Linux][GCC 8.3.1][64 bit] 10bit
Encoding settings                        : cpuid=1111039 / frame-threads=4 / wpp / no-pmode / no-pme / no-psnr / no-ssim / log-level=2 / input-csp=1 / input-res=1920x1080 / interlace=0 / total-frames=0 / level-idc=0 / high-tier=1 / uhd-bd=0 / ref=4 / no-allow-non-conformance / no-repeat-headers / annexb / no-aud / no-hrd / info / hash=0 / no-temporal-layers / open-gop / min-keyint=24 / keyint=250 / gop-lookahead=0 / bframes=4 / b-adapt=2 / b-pyramid / bframe-bias=0 / rc-lookahead=25 / lookahead-slices=4 / scenecut=40 / hist-scenecut=0 / radl=0 / no-splice / no-intra-refresh / ctu=64 / min-cu-size=8 / rect / no-amp / max-tu-size=32 / tu-inter-depth=1 / tu-intra-depth=1 / limit-tu=0 / rdoq-level=2 / dynamic-rd=0.00 / no-ssim-rd / signhide / no-tskip / nr-intra=0 / nr-inter=0 / no-constrained-intra / strong-intra-smoothing / max-merge=3 / limit-refs=3 / limit-modes / me=3 / subme=3 / merange=57 / temporal-mvp / no-frame-dup / no-hme / weightp / no-weightb / no-analyze-src-pics / deblock=0:0 / no-sao / no-sao-non-deblock / rd=4 / selective-sao=0 / no-early-skip / rskip / no-fast-intra / no-tskip-fast / no-cu-lossless / no-b-intra / no-splitrd-skip / rdpenalty=0 / psy-rd=2.00 / psy-rdoq=1.00 / no-rd-refine / no-lossless / cbqpoffs=0 / crqpoffs=0 / rc=abr / bitrate=2000 / qcomp=0.60 / qpstep=4 / stats-write=0 / stats-read=2 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ipratio=1.40 / pbratio=1.30 / aq-mode=3 / aq-strength=1.00 / cutree / zone-count=0 / no-strict-cbr / qg-size=32 / no-rc-grain / qpmax=69 / qpmin=0 / no-const-vbv / sar=1 / overscan=0 / videoformat=5 / range=0 / colorprim=2 / transfer=2 / colormatrix=2 / chromaloc=0 / display-window=0 / cll=0,0 / min-luma=0 / max-luma=1023 / log2-max-poc-lsb=8 / vui-timing-info / vui-hrd-info / slices=1 / no-opt-qp-pps / no-opt-ref-list-length-pps / no-multi-pass-opt-rps / scenecut-bias=0.05 / hist-threshold=0.01 / no-opt-cu-delta-qp / no-aq-motion / no-hdr10 / no-hdr10-opt / no-dhdr10-opt / no-idr-recovery-sei / analysis-reuse-level=0 / analysis-save-reuse-level=0 / analysis-load-reuse-level=0 / scale-factor=0 / refine-intra=0 / refine-inter=0 / refine-mv=1 / refine-ctu-distortion=0 / no-limit-sao / ctu-info=0 / no-lowpass-dct / refine-analysis-type=0 / copy-pic=1 / max-ausize-factor=1.0 / no-dynamic-refine / no-single-sei / no-hevc-aq / no-svt / no-field / qp-adaptation-range=1.00 / no-scenecut-aware-qpconformance-window-offsets / right=0 / bottom=0
Encoded date                             : UTC 2022-06-02 12:01:59
Tagged date                              : UTC 2022-06-02 12:01:59
Codec configuration box                  : hvcC

and video specs on movie 

ormat                                   : HEVC
Format/Info                              : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile                           : Main 10@L4@Main
Codec ID                                 : hev1
Codec ID/Info                            : High Efficiency Video Coding
Duration                                 : 1 h 34 min
Bit rate                                 : 1 999 kb/s
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 800 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 2.40:1
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.054
Stream size                              : 1.32 GiB (90%)
Writing library                          : x265 3.3+4-rarbg-30eb4de83092:[Linux][GCC 8.3.1][64 bit] 10bit
Encoding settings                        : cpuid=1111039 / frame-threads=4 / wpp / no-pmode / no-pme / no-psnr / no-ssim / log-level=2 / input-csp=1 / input-res=1920x800 / interlace=0 / total-frames=0 / level-idc=0 / high-tier=1 / uhd-bd=0 / ref=4 / no-allow-non-conformance / no-repeat-headers / annexb / no-aud / no-hrd / info / hash=0 / no-temporal-layers / open-gop / min-keyint=23 / keyint=250 / gop-lookahead=0 / bframes=4 / b-adapt=2 / b-pyramid / bframe-bias=0 / rc-lookahead=25 / lookahead-slices=4 / scenecut=40 / hist-scenecut=0 / radl=0 / no-splice / no-intra-refresh / ctu=64 / min-cu-size=8 / rect / no-amp / max-tu-size=32 / tu-inter-depth=1 / tu-intra-depth=1 / limit-tu=0 / rdoq-level=2 / dynamic-rd=0.00 / no-ssim-rd / signhide / no-tskip / nr-intra=0 / nr-inter=0 / no-constrained-intra / strong-intra-smoothing / max-merge=3 / limit-refs=3 / limit-modes / me=3 / subme=3 / merange=57 / temporal-mvp / no-frame-dup / no-hme / weightp / no-weightb / no-analyze-src-pics / deblock=0:0 / no-sao / no-sao-non-deblock / rd=4 / selective-sao=0 / no-early-skip / rskip / no-fast-intra / no-tskip-fast / no-cu-lossless / no-b-intra / no-splitrd-skip / rdpenalty=0 / psy-rd=2.00 / psy-rdoq=1.00 / no-rd-refine / no-lossless / cbqpoffs=0 / crqpoffs=0 / rc=abr / bitrate=2000 / qcomp=0.60 / qpstep=4 / stats-write=0 / stats-read=2 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ipratio=1.40 / pbratio=1.30 / aq-mode=3 / aq-strength=1.00 / cutree / zone-count=0 / no-strict-cbr / qg-size=32 / no-rc-grain / qpmax=69 / qpmin=0 / no-const-vbv / sar=1 / overscan=0 / videoformat=5 / range=0 / colorprim=2 / transfer=2 / colormatrix=2 / chromaloc=0 / display-window=0 / cll=0,0 / min-luma=0 / max-luma=1023 / log2-max-poc-lsb=8 / vui-timing-info / vui-hrd-info / slices=1 / no-opt-qp-pps / no-opt-ref-list-length-pps / no-multi-pass-opt-rps / scenecut-bias=0.05 / hist-threshold=0.01 / no-opt-cu-delta-qp / no-aq-motion / no-hdr10 / no-hdr10-opt / no-dhdr10-opt / no-idr-recovery-sei / analysis-reuse-level=0 / analysis-save-reuse-level=0 / analysis-load-reuse-level=0 / scale-factor=0 / refine-intra=0 / refine-inter=0 / refine-mv=1 / refine-ctu-distortion=0 / no-limit-sao / ctu-info=0 / no-lowpass-dct / refine-analysis-type=0 / copy-pic=1 / max-ausize-factor=1.0 / no-dynamic-refine / no-single-sei / no-hevc-aq / no-svt / no-field / qp-adaptation-range=1.00 / no-scenecut-aware-qpconformance-window-offsets / right=0 / bottom=0
Encoded date                             : UTC 2022-09-04 07:23:45
Tagged date                              : UTC 2022-09-04 07:23:45
Codec configuration box                  : hvcC

dont seem much of diffrence what triggers one video from working (tv shows usualy) to movie