Emby problem with TCL TV

njf

blackstar88

@robbomi  will def. try it but how do i side load the api then?

Edited by blackstar88
add user so he gets notified of comment

• 2 weeks later...
RanmaCanada

Yes it seems the new TCL TV's have a serious issue with ATMOS.  Installed Emby up a friends new TV on the weekend and ATMOS files are all garbled.  I don't know if this is an Emby problem, but as someone stated that Jellyfin works fine, it quite possibly could be.  Sadly I can't get a playback log as they are about as smart with tech as a politician is with keeping their promises.

robbom
1 hour ago, RanmaCanada said:

Yes it seems the new TCL TV's have a serious issue with ATMOS.  Installed Emby up a friends new TV on the weekend and ATMOS files are all garbled.  I don't know if this is an Emby problem, but as someone stated that Jellyfin works fine, it quite possibly could be.  Sadly I can't get a playback log as they are about as smart with tech as a politician is with keeping their promises.

Files work in jellyfin fine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
papugo1980
33 minutes ago, Luke said:

@RanmaCanada (or anyone else), can you provide a sample video for testing? We'd like to get this resolved. Thanks !

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wEANe3DwDAEk6OFS6oxsHQcjcVCB4HI3/view?usp=drivesdk

Listen carefully to the audio, I have this problem with any dolby format with a bitrate equal to or greater than 640kbs, dts is fine

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Trevor68
On 30/06/2023 at 04:54, Luke said:

@RanmaCanada (or anyone else), can you provide a sample video for testing? We'd like to get this resolved. Thanks !

Sure, this happens to virtually every file I own, so i have a few thousand you can play with, is there somewhere you would like them uploaded? 

Please note the same files work fine on other TV's and clients, and also on the TCL C835 via Jellyfin. 

vaise

Off topic a bit - After a reasonable investment in this TV, I am considering adding the jellyfin docker to my setup.  I use docker containers with their own IP addresses, so no port conflict, what issues may I have if I point jellyfin at the same emby libraries.  Metadata images etc are stored in the same media folders.  Will they get messed up ?  Further, if this is do-able - as some of you are doing here, then do you have a way to keep the play states in sync ?  Im not trying to replace emby here - just trying to keep the wife happy - who does not understand why she has to flip the audi setting depending on what she has to watch.

Trevor68

Yup, I have both sharing and saving to the same media folders. I use Trak.TV plugin on both to keep them in sync. 

vaise
30 minutes ago, Trevor68 said:

Yup, I have both sharing and saving to the same media folders. I use Trak.TV plugin on both to keep them in sync. 

OK - added, its reading the libs now - just movies and tvshows - this is a test server only - not going to be a daily driver.  Will be removed once the TCL is playing properly with Emby.

vaise

I can confirm no issue on jellyfin - whatever they have setup in the thing they call 'direct' in their playback audio is playing all my stuff that emby cant on auto, and also playing the stuff that locks up when emby is set to downmix to 5.1.

• Agree 1

Trevor68

Seems like this is no longer specific to TCL, other TV's like hisense have the same issues with high bitrate as well. 

papugo1980

The fact remains that this problem has been there for 6 months or more and unfortunately we still can't figure out how to solve it

evilpig

I am having this same issue with the emby app on my TCL 65q7 I just got. Stuttering video and messed up audio on high bitrate files. Some other ones aren't loading. 

papugo1980
On 6/29/2023 at 8:54 PM, Luke said:

Is there any news by chance?

vaise

I’m hoping when the latest beta goes available in the google play store (.88), that all the issues are resolved…..  that’s what I’m hoping for.

viking19
2 hours ago, vaise said:

I’m hoping when the latest beta goes available in the google play store (.88), that all the issues are resolved…..  that’s what I’m hoping for.

As you know this issue is on Hisense as well and a couple of us tried .88 with NO improvement, maybe TCL will have better results.

papugo1980
2 hours ago, viking19 said:

As you know this issue is on Hisense as well and a couple of us tried .88 with NO improvement, maybe TCL will have better results.

just tested the latest beta and the audio issue is not fixed

• 2 weeks later...
vaise
7 hours ago, papugo1980 said:

is there anything you can do to convert various dolby audios to (AAC 384 kbps)?

Is this directed to emby support?  As that is not a solution for media owners with thousands if not tens of thousands of files that play fine with jellyfin.  The issue is not the media.