Synology DS920+ 4K Playback on LG C1 TV (Subtitles)

Spocks_Logic

Spocks_Logic

Hey! I've been upgraded some of my media files from 1080p to 4k and I've noticed that if I try to put on subtitles the stream just won't even start.  My wife and I watch pretty much everything with subtitles on :D.  When I look at the media as it's playing (from my phone) it saying that it's doing some transcoding because of the subtitles.  

Right now, I don't believe I have ever made any changes to the transcoding in the setup.

Any thoughts?

ffmpeg-transcode-1768d0b7-c57f-4885-a1df-bf90f7a628bf_1.txt

Hi, this is resolved in the next update to the Emby LG app, which is currently in LG review. A workaround for now is to disable the subtitles prior to playback.

Spocks_Logic
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, this is resolved in the next update to the Emby LG app, which is currently in LG review. A workaround for now is to disable the subtitles prior to playback.

Thanks Luke for the quick reply! So you're saying I start the stream with Subtitles disabled then add them during the stream? Cause that isn't working either :(

But I'll wait until the next LG update hits, I hope it won't take along time! Thanks :)

12 minutes ago, Spocks_Logic said:

Cause that isn't working either :(

Can we please see an example of that? Thanks.

Spocks_Logic
17 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can we please see an example of that? Thanks.

Sure, how do you want me to show you, screen shots or is it in the log as well? Also it seems like it's creating sub files for each chapter as well

On 11/16/2022 at 7:47 PM, Spocks_Logic said:

Sure, how do you want me to show you, screen shots or is it in the log as well? Also it seems like it's creating sub files for each chapter as well

@Spocks_Logic the server log file from that attempt would be great. Thanks !