How can I speedup channel change time?

Deihmos

Deihmos

Emby works really well with iptv but it takes almost 5 seconds to change the channel. I had the same behavior with cable tv so didn't use Emby with it. My clients are all android tv with the fast channel change option selected. Are there any settings I can change server side to speed up the channel changing?

Not now, but a future update will make channel switching almost instant for IPTV and comparable to a hardware TV for native tuner reception.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 11/12/2022 at 5:06 PM, softworkz said:

Not now, but a future update will make channel switching almost instant for IPTV and comparable to a hardware TV for native tuner reception.

Hello, any update here?

On 12/20/2023 at 8:22 PM, arrbee99 said:

Maybe you should just try NextPVR

Nah, they will get er done soon :)  There is currently only one way you can speed up channel load time, have a channel playing on a different device and switch to that channel from yet another device it loads faster but only if the channel is being watched by someone else at the same time on your emby.

• 2 months later...
Seger

@Evangelium nach Lukas

There is an update, I would be very happy about a development in the Live TV area:

Fast channel change, both over buttons and loading times. There are certainly still many design options in the UI.

Thank you very much

Seger

• Thanks 1

Chillout

They introduced fast tuning briefly in a recent beta.  IPTV tuning time was almost instant (~1 sec). 

Unfortunately they had to roll it back because it was causing IPTV instability with some users. 

Hopefully they get the kinks worked out or find a way to make it an optional setting if its hardware dependent.

• Like 1

ardinesh

Dear Emby Team,

I'm reaching out to voice my support for prioritizing faster channel change speeds in Emby. As an avid user, I believe this improvement is essential for enhancing the user experience.

Given the long-standing request for this feature, I urge the team to consider expediting its implementation. Improving channel change speed will not only delight users but also showcase Emby's commitment to customer satisfaction.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1