Emby skipping episode after phone locks

crash1015

crash1015

There seems to be an issue with playback on mobile devices after the device sleeps.

I did the test in the video above on my iPhone using Safari connected to cellular and using a domain that points directly to my public IP(not cloudflare). I've included multiple log files. The 3 transcodes are the logs that were created in the test in the video.

1 other person brought this problem to me. They stated the following happens in Safari, Chrome, and the Emby application. The problem is seemingly random when it comes to file types. MP4, AVI, MKV were all found to have the issue. So I don’t think it’s the file types. They do notice that when you lock the phone, then resume playing, shortly after is when the problem comes up

Anything stick out in the logs? User error somehow? Ugh I can't seem to figure this out. 

ffmpeg-transcode-edfdc2bb-a9b5-46d6-97ed-5e27ced0df93_1.txt embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-2c53cdde-30e8-4f82-9797-93f62a09f46e_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-f4c20c42-3364-4ee8-ace2-eccad60366a7_1.txt

crash1015
On 10/11/2022 at 6:17 PM, Luke said:

Hi, when you paused and locked the phone, how long was it until you tired to resume?

Not long. Less than 10 seconds. The video shows an example too.