Sub-Killer Plugin - remove unwanted subs (Samsung Friendly)

Cheesegeezer

gihayes

Hi Cheese, 
I am still having the same problem. I had un-installed Subkiller because it was not working for me. It never finished. So when I saw this post I decided to reinstall it and try again. I created a test library with 10 movies, each of which had various subtitles. Subkiller took a while, but it completed, and removed and deleted all the unwanted text subtitles. I then removed the test library from Subkiller's configuration and added my Movies Library. It is large, so I expected it to take a very long time. But, while looking through the logs it appears that Subkiller is trying to process the items in my TuneIn channel Items. The process bar appears in the dashboard whgen it triggers, but it never progress. Subkiller is set to run at 01:00 AM and run for 10 hours. It is not set automatically process Items as they are added. Its progress bar appears on the Dashboard when it is triggered, but it never progresses. Also when its time is up, or when you try to manually stop it, it just says stopping but never stops. The attached log for the Test Library is named: embyserver-63819792000.txt and the Log for My movie Library is named embyserver(1).txt. After the run on the test library, and setting to run on my movie library, and it did not work, I reinstalled Emby, and changed the Subkiller setting so that it would not process already processed items, and to extract all subtitles.

embyserver (1).txt embyserver-63819792000.txt

Cheesegeezer
7 hours ago, gihayes said:

Hi Cheese, 
I am still having the same problem. I had un-installed Subkiller because it was not working for me. It never finished. So when I saw this post I decided to reinstall it and try again. I created a test library with 10 movies, each of which had various subtitles. Subkiller took a while, but it completed, and removed and deleted all the unwanted text subtitles. I then removed the test library from Subkiller's configuration and added my Movies Library. It is large, so I expected it to take a very long time. But, while looking through the logs it appears that Subkiller is trying to process the items in my TuneIn channel Items. The process bar appears in the dashboard whgen it triggers, but it never progress. Subkiller is set to run at 01:00 AM and run for 10 hours. It is not set automatically process Items as they are added. Its progress bar appears on the Dashboard when it is triggered, but it never progresses. Also when its time is up, or when you try to manually stop it, it just says stopping but never stops. The attached log for the Test Library is named: embyserver-63819792000.txt and the Log for My movie Library is named embyserver(1).txt. After the run on the test library, and setting to run on my movie library, and it did not work, I reinstalled Emby, and changed the Subkiller setting so that it would not process already processed items, and to extract all subtitles.

embyserver (1).txt 28.91 MB · 1 download embyserver-63819792000.txt 17.83 MB · 0 downloads

I don’t think the tune in plugin is working well, i uninstalled it a while ago as it was giving me problems. I’m not sure what it is but the refresh channel task seems to go on for ages when it’s installed and causes a lot of library scans too.

I’ll take a look at the logs tomorrow. 👍

gihayes

Thanks👍 I'll also uninstall the TuneIn plugin before the run tonight to see if it makes any difference. 

gihayes

Looking thru the logs, I noticed that it was always stopping on the first movie so I removed it. It played OK, but maybe it was corrupted so I removed it. I also noticed an old non-existing folder that I had not removed from the Movies library was causing errors so I removed it from the Movies library configuration. Will check logs after next run... 

Edited by gihayes
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 12/9/2022 at 4:23 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

you are correct sdh isn’t implemented yet

@Cheesegeezer

HI, the hearing impaired status for subtitles, both internal and external will be supported in Emby Server 4.8:

image.png

Thanks.

Hello,

For the last year+, I have noticed that emby (I am a premium user) has a lot of problems with movies in which a large number of subtitles are implemented (Apple/Amazon/Netflix movies usually)
I'm a big fan of Samsung TVs and I have at least 5 TVs of the higher 8/9 series in my house... on all TVs except the last top Samsung TV NEO 8K, the picture is blurry and blocky during playback...
Only the Samsung 8K NEO is able to play this without the blocky picture... with all subtitles includec.. (no remove subtiles)

But if I remove the subtitles with subkiller or the MKVToolNix GUI, everything works fine on all of them... if I leave 2 or 3 subtitles, everything usually works... if there are more, older TVs obviously can't process it...

at times it is very frustrating

but the same thing happens if I use the Plex program... only the neo 8K Samsung latest top TV is able to process everything so that everything works as it should...

But I have a gigabit internet connection around the house i7 13th gen 32 GB ddr5 fast ssd drives/ 3070 ... all top hardware / synology play + ... the problem is not in the hardware but in the capacity of the TV processors ...

16 minutes ago, alesk76 said:

Hello,

For the last year+, I have noticed that emby (I am a premium user) has a lot of problems with movies in which a large number of subtitles are implemented (Apple/Amazon/Netflix movies usually)
I'm a big fan of Samsung TVs and I have at least 5 TVs of the higher 8/9 series in my house... on all TVs except the last top Samsung TV NEO 8K, the picture is blurry and blocky during playback...
Only the Samsung 8K NEO is able to play this without the blocky picture... with all subtitles includec.. (no remove subtiles)

But if I remove the subtitles with subkiller or the MKVToolNix GUI, everything works fine on all of them... if I leave 2 or 3 subtitles, everything usually works... if there are more, older TVs obviously can't process it...

at times it is very frustrating

but the same thing happens if I use the Plex program... only the neo 8K Samsung latest top TV is able to process everything so that everything works as it should...

But I have a gigabit internet connection around the house i7 13th gen 32 GB ddr5 fast ssd drives/ 3070 ... all top hardware / synology play + ... the problem is not in the hardware but in the capacity of the TV processors ...

It's an issue with the Samsung/Tizen native player.  There is nothing specifically that we can do to resolve this, but at least they have resolved this for newer model TV's

• 3 months later...
BillOatman

*** Never Mind - Tried again later and it did what I expected :) ***

I must be more dense than normal today. :)

I have a mkv container with pretty much every language SRT.  I want to keep the english ones in the container and delete all the others.

What settings would I use?  I tried selecting this with the text based toggle both ways.

image.thumb.png.4c9e6371e0e936cc06c94fe852411a5c.png

Edited by BillOatman

• 1 month later...
rechigo

I'm having an issue with subkiller. It appears to just hang on this one specific show. Here's some debug logs from Emby Server. The output from SubKiller just stops after the line "Remove Subtitle StringBuilder = ", no matter how many times I've tried restarting the server. I get the SRT output for both of the languages I have selected, but after it creates the .tmp file for the episode, it just stops.

UPDATE:

After further inspection, I found the reason subkiller was hanging was because my Disc was full. That's a problem because my disk isn't supposed to be full, but it is because it has over 100GB+ of .tmp files from subkiller left behind. (all from one specific) To be on the safe side, I cleared all of the TMP files and also refreshed the subkiller list. I'll monitor it and attach more logs if I have any more issues arise. 

subkiller issue.txt

Edited by rechigo

• 3 weeks later...
JoLarsson

I'm right now running SubKiller on my main movie library after testing it out on a separate test library. So far it has gone through a couple of hundred movies without any problems.

Since a few years back I'm manually removing all audio, subtitles and tags that I don't need when I get new media (I'm really OCD) but older movies in my collection have a lot of them.

I'm only removing non Swedish subtitles, not extracting anything.

One thing I have noticed though is that it adds a Global Tag to all movies it goes through and it processes all movies even though they only contains one swedish subtitle or no subtitles at all.

This Global Tag does it serve a purpose? I thought it's so that subkiller knows it has already processed that movie?

The Wiki on the help button is a bit thin, only an image, no documentation what so ever or maybe it's located somewhere else.

Edited by JoLarsson