Sub-Killer Plugin - remove unwanted subs (Samsung Friendly)

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, Dickydodah! said:

I can confirm that removing and running SubKiller again before re adding the SRT files works. I can also confirm that refreshing the processed list is what causes the problem.

Yup, lets set some time aside tomorrow if you're available to smash out these couple of bugs.

you probably have a list, so we can make this robust and hopefully fire and forget.

Dickydodah!

I went back to basics and tried to narrow down the weird behaviour and came up with this. I think a fair few other issues were probably linked to this so one step at a time I reckonĀ šŸ™‚Ā I should be able to test most of the day tomorrow.

• Like 1

Dickydodah!

Morning, I've been digging a bit deeper and I see that you are usingĀ Emby MediaStreams to identify the subs. It looks like you need to check the external flag as that will allow you to skip already extracted or downloaded subs. You probably already knew thisĀ šŸ˜„

1563441400_ExternalSubs.jpg.71d6aa6e0b5755745a8803981c4d0442.jpg

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, Dickydodah! said:

Morning, I've been digging a bit deeper and I see that you are usingĀ Emby MediaStreams to identify the subs. It looks like you need to check the external flag as that will allow you to skip already extracted or downloaded subs. You probably already knew thisĀ šŸ˜„

1563441400_ExternalSubs.jpg.71d6aa6e0b5755745a8803981c4d0442.jpg

what if the user downloads subs from subscene when new media is added. This would leave all of the internal subs still stored in the container. So we still have to check if the item has subs.

Dickydodah!

Agreed, my point is we have to differentiate between embedded and external as at the moment SK is trying to process external on a refresh which then continually loops everytime SK runs.

Ā 

Edited by Dickydodah!

Cheesegeezer
20 minutes ago, Dickydodah! said:

Agreed, my point is we have to differentiate between embedded and external as at the moment SK is trying to process external on a refresh which then continually loops everytime SK runs.

Ā 

oh right i'm with you, i didn't get what the issue was.Ā  I think there is a flag for IsExternal.Ā  i'll have a wee look see

Dickydodah!

If it helps Emby seems to show SUBRIP as the codec for embedded subs and SRT for external SRT sub files (unsurprisingly) with external YES for SUBRIP and External NO for SRT. I'm not sure what other text based subs will show as ATM but currently that's not the issue.

DVBSUB and eia_608 both show as external NO but they are graphical subs so not in the scope of SubKillerĀ šŸ™‚

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer

Will be looking at making the improvements tomorrow. Any helpers/testers are welcomeĀ 

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

What happens to the files that get extracted. Do they get moved to a folder for review and up to me to delete or are they deleted outright?
Either option is ok with me I just don't want to files getting lost on my NAS.Ā 

Do you have a newer version you need tested? Going to try it on a new library.Ā 

Dickydodah!

I'm pretty sure they are deleted. If you want to review them just tick all the languages you want and they should all be extracted and you can then delete the ones you don't want, or just leave them in the folder with the video file.

I ran it twice and each time it did nothing. What setting do I need to remove all these besides english. I have english selected already.

Ā image.thumb.png.c4b09b41eece024af92666ae0643d25f.png

Dickydodah!

Those are PGSSUB subtitles that are graphical, i.e. based on images. Subkiller only extracts text based subtitles that would show up in Emby as SUBRIP. They will be extracted to a .SRT file which can be read with Notepad or any other text editor.Ā 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Dickydodah! said:

Those are PGSSUB subtitles that are graphical, i.e. based on images. Subkiller only extracts text based subtitles that would show up in Emby as SUBRIP. They will be extracted to a .SRT file which can be read with Notepad or any other text editor.Ā 

Awesome thanks for the help. I am new to Emby and all this customization.Ā 

What aboutĀ Codec: MOV_TEXT is that considered a text based?Ā 

Edited by Medic97

Dickydodah!

I believe MOV_TEXT are text based but in Quicktime .mov files. I don't know if SubKiller will deal with these as I've never seen one.

Just now, Dickydodah! said:

I believe MOV_TEXT are text based but in Quicktime .mov files. I don't know if SubKiller will deal with these as I've never seen one.

yeah it's an mp4. I guess it doesn't matter much. Though it would be nice to remove them but it's not like there in the way or anything.Ā 

Dickydodah!

The main use for myself is to reduce the number of embedded subs as Samsung TV's don't play nice with lot's of subs. I'm not sure of the maximum before issues are seen but 3 or 4 definitely don't cause an issue but 30 plus do.

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
49 minutes ago, Dickydodah! said:

hmmm yeah me neither.Ā  but it uses ffmpeg to process so i don't think that would be an issue.Ā  i'll have a check tomorrow.

Ā 

gihayes
20 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I tink i need to update all my plugin nugets to 4.7.9

ill do it in the morning fella šŸ‘

ThanksĀ šŸ‘

Stellarat

Hi,

Excited to try this out, but unfortunately nothing is processed and I'm getting:,

2022-12-08 18:58:23.238 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://192.168.0.2:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks/Running/a68cbabd002d557c1e1c21c43d74fef7?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=49d6d4b7-74b5-49d0-80ce-fc9ff37c187c&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.10.0. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
2022-12-08 18:58:23.241 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to host1. Time: 3ms. http://192.168.0.2:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks/Running/a68cbabd002d557c1e1c21c43d74fef7?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=49d6d4b7-74b5-49d0-80ce-fc9ff37c187c&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.10.0
2022-12-08 18:58:23.530 Error TaskManager: Error
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.10.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19045
	Framework: .NET 6.0.10
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/Jason/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at Emby.SubKiller.ScheduledTasks.SubKillerScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
	Source: Emby.SubKiller
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Ā 

Edited by Stellarat

Cheesegeezer

Yep Iā€™m just getting home from work and will do the compatibility updates. Should see a release in an hour or so šŸ‘šŸ‘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer

I updated the plugin hours ago, generally silence is a good sign

i updated the rest of my plugins too

image.png.97a6e7f3d69da67912d6c00286e655ef.png

• Like 1

gihayes
8 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I updated the plugin hours ago, generally silence is a good sign

i updated the rest of my plugins too

image.png.97a6e7f3d69da67912d6c00286e655ef.png

Just started a run. So far, so good. šŸ‘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dickydodah!

Hi @CheesegeezerĀ I've tested on a file with loads of subs including English, English (Forced) and English (SDH). It recognised all three English Subs but only extracted two. Is the SDH extraction in this build? It also threw an error but I can't see exactly why.

embyserver.txt

I think the SDH subs are being overwritten with the full English subs so I'm guessing SDH isn't yet implementedĀ šŸ™‚

Edited by Dickydodah!