New version Android TV

MAX92

Lexizilla
21 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

If you haven't found it by now, and we're talking bout the same thing, click on the silhouette in the top right, click App Settings > Display > scroll down to Image Size

This setting I found on Webbrowser, but not on the Android App

FrostByte
11 minutes ago, Lexizilla said:

This setting I found on Webbrowser, but not on the Android App

It's there if you have the latest version.  It's the sixth one down under Display settings.  Called Image Size.

arrbee99

As above, but I've done this already, so -

1214285795_EmbyImageSizeOption.thumb.jpg.18b3458a75dda906e9935051cabff193.jpg

Thats from Emby Theater, but its the same in the new app for me.

• Like 1

FrostByte
20 minutes ago, Lexizilla said:

Hi,

okay, but that function is not available on my Android App:
on Web App, i got it...

Screenshot_20221010-223038.png

Screenshot_20221010-223059.png

@Luke shouldn't the Zidoo have all the same options as other devices now when in TV mode?

Edited by FrostByte

justinrh

Looking at the app comparisons for the item detail page, I make two observations:

1) the Android Play button is definitely whacked out and looks messed up
2) the ATV presentation has more stuff and just looks better and more polished, the Android app looks like a step backwards

Conclusion: Please don't replace ATV.

unisoft
12 minutes ago, justinrh said:

Looking at the app comparisons for the item detail page, I make two observations:

1) the Android Play button is definitely whacked out and looks messed up
2) the ATV presentation has more stuff and just looks better and more polished, the Android app looks like a step backwards

Conclusion: Please don't replace ATV.

And others would disagree too. There are some nice bits in the ATV app but the standard Android is being changed to have some of them so it frees up more resources and takes less time to maintain than 2 Android apps. The ATV app does not have horizontal view for TV mode and my family want that view to move from LG to Sony which is based on Android/Google TV. So for me, it's the standard app all the way, but recognise there are some good bits about the ATV app to carry over and some have been.

4 hours ago, FrostByte said:

@Luke shouldn't the Zidoo have all the same options as other devices now when in TV mode?

Yes it should.

80srule

The mobile version runs slower on allot of devices compared to the android tv plus it requires a monthly fee. The voice search is different do. When on the android TV I just got and click on the magnifying glass and the voice command pops up and lets me search. On the mobile it brings up a weird bar and then the keyboard pops up underneath that. If I use the little microphone above the keyboard to voice search the keyboard does not disappear I have to exit back out of the keyboard in order to see what it brings up.

Not sure why the mobile version runs slower but hope that and the fact I have to pay a monthly sub to use it goes away. If I pay for one version I should be able to use both

bandit8623
1 hour ago, 80srule said:

The mobile version runs slower on allot of devices compared to the android tv plus it requires a monthly fee. The voice search is different do. When on the android TV I just got and click on the magnifying glass and the voice command pops up and lets me search. On the mobile it brings up a weird bar and then the keyboard pops up underneath that. If I use the little microphone above the keyboard to voice search the keyboard does not disappear I have to exit back out of the keyboard in order to see what it brings up.

Not sure why the mobile version runs slower but hope that and the fact I have to pay a monthly sub to use it goes away. If I pay for one version I should be able to use both

monthly fee?  huh?  the client is free no matter what version....

personally i like the smaller font and buttons i can see way more on my screen.  android tv is zoomed in way too far.. but thats subjective

im also not 95 years old so i guess i can still see.  on my 2015 shield there is no difference in speed.    

mike3821

I like what the new version brings. It’s just to laggy and the on now images are to small.

some work around the guide needs fixing too. Remembering what channel you are on when you pull up the guide.

Edited by mike3821

FrostByte
12 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

I like what the new version brings. It’s just to laggy and the on now images are to small.

some work around the guide needs fixing too. Remembering what channel you are on when you pull up the guide.

There is an option to change image sizes per library just like there is in ATV.

mike3821
3 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

There is an option to change image sizes per library just like there is in ATV.

It doesn't change the On Now size.

• Like 1

80srule
9 hours ago, bandit8623 said:

monthly fee?  huh?  the client is free no matter what version....

personally i like the smaller font and buttons i can see way more on my screen.  android tv is zoomed in way too far.. but thats subjective

im also not 95 years old so i guess i can still see.  on my 2015 shield there is no difference in speed.    

If you like the smaller then you like the ATV the mobile version is much larger and there is less on screen I can show you the 2. if I go in the mobile and shrink it down to small icons its much closer to ATV. 
There is still some speed difference. Even the shield its slight but then again the vast majority are not using a shield. I saw no purpose in paying 3x as much for a something when there are ATV units running excellent hardware for just streaming. The only gaming I do is retro stuff. 

No the mobile version forces you to pay monthly in order to watch tv. The ATV can do a 1 time $5 unlock fee or the emby premier. BUT NOT the mobile. It gives no option to unlock ONLY a the premier subscription. Sure the app it self is free but if you cant watch anything what good is that? 

80srule
On 10/10/2022 at 5:32 PM, unisoft said:

And others would disagree too. There are some nice bits in the ATV app but the standard Android is being changed to have some of them so it frees up more resources and takes less time to maintain than 2 Android apps. The ATV app does not have horizontal view for TV mode and my family want that view to move from LG to Sony which is based on Android/Google TV. So for me, it's the standard app all the way, but recognise there are some good bits about the ATV app to carry over and some have been.

The mobile app needs some work as for some reason it feels bogged down. Try it compared to the ATV app and see that it does not run slower. Both have good and bad but the 2 things I cant stand. 1 is paying monthly to use the app. No issues with the 1 time unlock fee. But I want to get away from monthly fees. 
2. is that it runs slower. Not allot but it is noticeable. 

CBers
1 hour ago, 80srule said:

The mobile app needs some work as for some reason it feels bogged down. Try it compared to the ATV app and see that it does not run slower. Both have good and bad but the 2 things I cant stand. 1 is paying monthly to use the app. No issues with the 1 time unlock fee. But I want to get away from monthly fees. 
2. is that it runs slower. Not allot but it is noticeable. 

Please post about any issues here

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 80srule said:

the mobile version forces you to pay monthly in order to watch tv

Hi.  Live TV is a Premiere only feature for both apps. 

We haven't figured out how to handle the unlocking between the two yet - one of the reasons it isn't in the store - but it will work if you are Premiere.

• Like 1

80srule
4 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Live TV is a Premiere only feature for both apps. 

We haven't figured out how to handle the unlocking between the two yet - one of the reasons it isn't in the store - but it will work if you are Premiere.

Yea I just wanted it for VOD so hoping to have just an unlock feature in it as the ATV feature does. Thanks