New version Android TV

MAX92

Lexizilla

First of all, many thanks for that fast support :)

The normal App is now starting in TV mode and my remote from my TV is working fine.
But I still prefere the AndroidTV version.

Why:

The GUI, the text, the pictures. Everything is in my opionen much to big.

I put some screenshots to compare it.
Exampe by series view. You have to scroll down to choose a episode, on the TV not. 
Or the Cover view by movies. Only getting one "good" line, that also means, need more to scroll
same for detailed view on a movies...
In generell, everything is to big....

An option to decrase the size would be great, or why not starting on detailed info view more on the top. you loose the half of youre screen, because text and info starting at round about the middle of the screen...

Android TV 1.png

Android TV 2.png

Android TV 3.png

normal 1.png

normal 2.png

normal 3.png

• Like 1

arrbee99

The new app does have a setting for size, though it does affect maybe a bit too much.

I like the info starting half way down the screen so that more of the backdrop is visible. Not much point having a backdrop if its covered in stuff 😀

VirulentPip

One thing that annoys me on the Android app is changing tracks, it needs a whole screen to select, very cumbersome. 

• Like 2

Lexizilla
2 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

The new app does have a setting for size, though it does affect maybe a bit too much.

I like the info starting half way down the screen so that more of the backdrop is visible. Not much point having a backdrop if its covered in stuff 😀

where can i find that setting ?

mike3821

So I’ve been testing the beta out. I think it’s just laggy all over the place.

Examplr, clicking up and choosing the guide. It will lag a bit. Then scrolling through the ok screen tv guide is laggy and to small now.

basically anything pulling up art work seems to  be slightly laggy and irritating.

The GUI, the text, the pictures. Everything is in my opionen much to big.

That's surprising to hear because everyone else has been saying that the text is actually smaller than the android tv app. Is that what you see @arrbee99 @FrostByte ?

pünktchen

The headlines (eg. Continue Watching, Because you watched and so on) and the buttons like Play, Resume are to big. The rest is fine imho.

5 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

The headlines (eg. Continue Watching, Because you watched and so on) and the buttons like Play, Resume are to big. The rest is fine imho.

But his screenshots suggest the description text is even larger than android tv, but yet everyone else has been saying it's the opposite. Which is larger for you?

FrostByte

It kind of depends on the line.  In ATV the rating line is bigger.  In the standard app the buttons are bigger.  Most lines are almost exactly the same, but maybe brighter in the standard app so they may appear larger.

I wouldn't make anything smaller though.  There are numerous other threads saying both apps are too small to read now.   

It all depends on how far you sit from your TV and the size of your TV.  Only way to please everyone would be to have a setting like your new image setting for large and small text sizes.

image.thumb.png.13f635964bd4618c3ad39e22df3723e3.png

image.thumb.png.45df2e774099f5ca6a1bc8631a60c4bc.png

Lexizilla
1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

wouldn't make anything smaller though.  There are numerous other threads saying both apps are too small to read now.   

It all depends on how far you sit from your TV and the size of your TV.  Only way to please everyone would be to have a setting like your new image setting for large and small text sizes.

Thats true. And because of that reason, a settings to change it to your favorite size, to be more flexible, would be great.
sitting in front of a 77" TV is of course different of an 42" or something else.

• Like 1

arrbee99
7 hours ago, Lexizilla said:

where can i find that setting ?

If you haven't found it by now, and we're talking bout the same thing, click on the silhouette in the top right, click App Settings > Display > scroll down to Image Size

arrbee99
3 hours ago, Luke said:

That's surprising to hear because everyone else has been saying that the text is actually smaller than the android tv app. Is that what you see @arrbee99 @FrostByte ?

Personally, find the text size is fine for me and pretty much the same as the ATV app (and brighter). If you don't want to adjust the size (any maybe you do or should), then maybe when the the item is selected, it could zoom a bit somehow.

arrbee99

Think the buttons in the ATV app are better, they're a bit smaller and more square with rounded corners, and not just circular.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

seanbuff

I think the Cast/Crew images on detail screens are way too big in the Android app.

6 vs 8 headshots in the ATV app

mike3821

Sorry, when I said too small, I was referring to the guide being only 3 lines now when watching live tv. Also, the on now thumb nails are to small too.

Everything else in terms of font size is fine. I like the new layout of things.

The issues is how laggy everything is now. This lag needs to be fixed.

A69EB2A9-3D52-4F8B-9DA4-61A7F8569174.jpeg

Edited by mike3821

FrostByte
40 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

The issues is how laggy everything is now. This lag needs to be fixed.

What device and what file did you choose to download?  Just want to make sure you're using the 64-bit version if on a Shield Pro, etc.

mike3821
8 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

What device and what file did you choose to download?  Just want to make sure you're using the 64-bit version if on a Shield Pro, etc.

Very first one. I’m on a sheild yes.

What about google tv ?

arrbee99

Agree about the only 3 lines.

In a browser (and I think the ATV app) for On Now I get posters not thumbs. Or rather posters in poster sized spaces.

mike3821
3 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Agree about the only 3 lines.

In a browser (and I think the ATV app) for On Now I get posters not thumbs. Or rather posters in poster sized spaces.

Yes posters are better. Just something bigger so you can see it. Otherwise it’s useless to have it at all.

FrostByte
10 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

Very first one. I’m on a sheild yes.

What about google tv ?

Okay, sounds like you got the correct one on the Shield then.

Not sure about TVs if they are 32-bit or 64-bit.

mike3821
2 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Okay, sounds like you got the correct one on the Shield then.

Not sure about TVs if they are 32-bit or 64-bit.

If they correct these few things, I think the changes so far would be great.