MB Won't Download Posters, Instead Uses Screenshot

strager

Rasputin

This may or not be related, but since the 5390 (and now 5391) release, I cannot even get a library scan to complete.  It gets stuck at 52.4% and freezes.  When I abort the scan, it just parks itself in "stopping" mode until I restart the server and then it repeats and freezes.  Also, my live TV guide refresh is freezing and won't go past 90%, as well.  Absolutely nothing was changed and it happened for the first time when I went from 5387 to 5390.  I heard about the cache server issue over at tmdb and chalked it up to that, but that supposedly was fixed on their end within 24hrs.  I even tried reloading MB server on a spare PC to try and duplicate it and sure enough, it did the same thing.  

EDIT:  After looking more closely over my logs, I am getting the same 404 error messages as the logs above.

Edited by Rasputin

ab123ga

Question: I use Plex for some of my family members. When I put a movie in a folder both MB and Plex will pick it up respectively. I just checked on my Plex server side and I can pull posters from themoviedb. Now plex only does posters but I did about a dozen movies over the weekend and can pull posters for each. MB, as everyone is discussing, pulls none. 

Is there a difference in how MB and Plex pulls posters?

AmericanCrisis

I have been experiencing this problem since I did an advanced refresh.  I didn't see any log files to post that were related to metadata.  Furthermore, the problem only seems to be exhibiting itself on about a 50% of my library.  Some are missing the backdrop and others are missing the primary image and are grabbing screenshots.  Here is a screenshot of what it looks like via the web interface: 5432cbea43751_Untitled.jpg

Edited by jhughy2010

Okay, @@djlf - your first log contains a refresh of something called "Football's Greatest".  That item on the movie db is classified as TV but we are attempting to fetch it as a movie - thus, not found.  Your second log with the refresh of Welcome to New york did not cause us to try and re-fetch the images.  Maybe you didn't select refresh all and images...?

@@TolkienBard - your search for Mr. Smith Goes to washington is somehow searching with the wrong ID.  We are searching with 207799 but the correct ID for that movie is 3083.

Can you look in the metadata manager and tell me what the tmdb id is in there?

@@BAS all the errors I saw in your log were related to TV episodes so I'm not sure if that is relevant or not but there was so much I may have missed it.

@@Luke - it definitely sounds like there is a problem here of some sort on our end.  Maybe we've mangled some IDs or something in some changes...?

@jameswarner there is no relevant operation in your log.  If you could do exactly what I requested that would help:

- First restart your server to get a clean log

- Let the initial scan finish

- Then go refresh an item that has this problem.  Be sure you tell it to re-fetch everything.

- Post the entire log 

Here is my log, I'm seeing this on new items I'm adding or random things that were already in my library as well when I go to look for a new poster/backdrops some work some don't.

Selected refresh all for welcome to New York alright. If I go into metadata manager and try to update any images for any movie all I'm offered through browse images is fanart. nothing from tmdb. Same in my tv shows folder - can get images from tvdb but not tmdb. Not worried about the footballs greatest part in the log as I haven't labelled the episodes correctly for it to be found.

Added new movie at weekend , metadata external ids and metadata fetched no problem . All images downloaded are from fanart - nothing is showing for tmdb . Everything worked perfectly before latest server update

it has nothing to do with the server update. i've traced it down. it is actually due to a Tmdb change, but the reason why it's not affecting other tools is because it's a recently introduced method from Tmdb that I'm sure is not heavily used at this point. in any case, it will be resolved for the next release, which will be be soon.

• Like 2

JamesWarner740

Thanks for all the hard work guys in sorting this out, much appreciated !!!! ill include my log in the off chance it may help you.54331543ac8e0_Untitled.png

hoxtonia

well the latest dev server update has sorted the primary image but I am still having issues with backdrops.....

• Like 1

TolkienBard

I believe the fix is still in Developer status.

Well now I feel rather silly since I wasn't aware that there were versions I could load that weren't released. I'll poke around and get things sorted.

TolkienBard

Okay, @@djlf - your first log contains a refresh of something called "Football's Greatest".  That item on the movie db is classified as TV but we are attempting to fetch it as a movie - thus, not found.  Your second log with the refresh of Welcome to New york did not cause us to try and re-fetch the images.  Maybe you didn't select refresh all and images...?

@@TolkienBard - your search for Mr. Smith Goes to washington is somehow searching with the wrong ID.  We are searching with 207799 but the correct ID for that movie is 3083.

Can you look in the metadata manager and tell me what the tmdb id is in there?

It was indeed tagged with 207799. It took forever to find the info. The movie was not showing up in the metadata manager or on the movie wall. Deleting all info in the actual folder and then running a re-scan of the library resulted in the xml file once again identifying and tagging with 207799 and not showing up oin the library or metadata manager. Deleting the entire folder and then re-importing the movie fixed the issue. The movie is now tagged via the scraper with 3083.

The movie, like nearly everything else added during the last week is not scraping images properly though, despite the new, proper TMDb ID#.

Edited by TolkienBard

The movie, like nearly everything else added during the last week is not scraping images properly though, despite the new, proper TMDb ID#.

Have you updated the server to the new release that went out to fix that?

AmericanCrisis

My movie images are still messed up... is the server release something that happened today?  Mine says Version 3.0.5390.25829

I have restarted the server, went to metadata manager and performed an advanced refresh "replace existing images"

TolkienBard

Server says it is up to date. I ran an update just to be sure and it didn't find a new one. I am on 3.0.5390.25829

Edited by TolkienBard

Happy2Play

Server says it is up to date. I ran an update just to be sure and it didn't find a new one. I am on 3.0.5390.25829

• Like 1

Correct.  Since he was reporting that the problem still existed I assumed he had updated.

AmericanCrisis

Well now I feel rather silly since I wasn't aware that there were versions I could load that weren't released. I'll poke around and get things sorted.

How do you do that?

edit:  found it

Edited by jhughy2010

Rasputin

I'm not currently home, so I cannot grab my logs. It seems as if the recent updates have resolved my library scan freezing issues. However, my guide refresh still stalls at 90% and also when I have the ServerWMC running, it will halt the library scan when its on. If I disable the ServerWMC software, the library scan will complete. I can post my log when I get home tonight.

inkubux

I'm curious in which build it's fixed ?. I built 3.0.5390.39070 from git, and I still can't refresh the primary image for some movies, that are identified 

That is the last official release which does contain this problem.  I believe you would need build 5393+.