MB Won't Download Posters, Instead Uses Screenshot

strager

strager

Very few movie images are currently being found. The metadata on my movies are updating, but it's detecting no images - even on common movies with multiple posters on tvdb (where do the other images come from?). Is this just me, or are other people having the same issue?

EDIT: Re-identifying and Advanced Refresh did not resolve. Also tried rebooting and restarting server. This is happening to 90% of new movies I'm adding.

Edited by strager

strager

With me it's happening for the Primary image almost all the time, and a lot of movies it'll get either some or all of the other images but not be able to find the primary. Haven't added any TV shows today, so not sure if they are affected as well. 

EDIT: They also usually don't show up when I try to browse to them although in at least one case it refused to auto-pick them but it DID show up under browse.... 

Edited by strager

strager

You misunderstand. I'm not reporting the problem, just curious how many other users are having it. If I know a number of other users are having the issue, I know it's nothing with my system or configuration and can wait for a fix.

Its nothing with your system. Don't change anything you are doing. Something changed either on the server, or with metadata providers. I see the same missing images when they should not be missing. When using the images tab in metadata manager, yes, nothing appears for most. The ones that appear downloading are logos and fanart.

Media Browser server 3.0.5387.37160

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

TolkienBard

Yup, same problem here, and for a whole host of movies, including some that I have previously had artwork for in the past before upgrading the version of the movie. Pretty much no posters/primary images to be found via the scraper. If I want those images, I need to go find and download them myself.

Heckler

Seeing the same thing here... But also seeing metadata manager settings to stop images being replaced ignored... and it's removed images entirely when refreshing because it think there are none available from the fetchers... even though visiting the site itself shows there are plenty to choose from.

I think themoviedb has changed something.

SpiderValley

I just added a bunch of new movies to my collection today. The metadata downloaded fine as usual, but instead of downloading the movies' posters, it seems to have just grabbed a screen shot from the video files and named those "poster." I tried refreshing and changing the refresh option to "Replace Existing Images" but it didn't work. They're popular movies so I know the posters are out there, and it grabbed the correct metadata for each, but I can't figure out why this is suddely happening when I haven't changed any settings. It happened to a fair number of movies, so I was hoping to avoid having to manually download each film's poster.

MBClassic: 3.0.207.0

MBServer:3.0.5366.22005

Edited by SpiderValley

Did you read the posts just above yours?  Looks like tmdb is having issues.

If you don't want screen grabs be sure and disable that option in the image options for movies.

• Like 1

SpiderValley

Did you read the posts just above yours?  Looks like tmdb is having issues.

If you don't want screen grabs be sure and disable that option in the image options for movies.

No, I hadn't seen those when I posted, Thanks for pointing those out EBR and reminding me of the screen grab setting.

Chillout

The Primary Images I had yesterday are gone today... not all of them, maybe 25%.  

Why would a problem with TheMovieDb mess up pre-existing metadata stored on my hard drive?  

Once I download an image its there for good, right? 

Heckler

I pointed an issue where refreshing metadata even when it's set to ignore replacing images... replaces the images, and because of the issues tmdb seem to be having, it's erasing them and can't replace them with anything.

So as stated above... a problem at tmdb's end... but also a bug with MBS that I've been informed is being fixed.

Just updated the server with the official release this evening... so time will tell if it's fixed. Not going to test until tmdb resolve their issues or I risk being without images again.  :)

that isn't true. manually refreshing won't remove existing images. it will only replace them if new ones are downloaded.

Chillout

that isn't true. manually refreshing won't remove existing images. it will only replace them if new ones are downloaded.

That may be the intention but doesnt seem to be the case.  The primary images I purposely download get replaced with default images, seemingly at random.  So now I just stay with the default image because whatever I choose gets over written.

The occasional missing primary images issue that I have to manually edit is much more annoying than swaping out a primary image with a different one.

Heckler

It is/was true because that's exactly what happened to me on Friday and why I created the post about it.

I had the metadata settings turned off for images, refreshed within the browser (not advanced refresh) and it deleted the backdrop images and couldn't replace them because of the other issue that tmdb are having. I even postedt he section of the log stating that it reported the change in images when it shouldn't have.

I was informed that this was a bug that was being fixed in the next official release.

AmericanCrisis

I noticed a problem this morning... Last night I was doing some messing around with the movie icon thumbnail and I mistakenly selected advanced refresh "replace existing images" and that is when 50% of my images were replaced with screen shots and such.  

awakening

I just added a bunch of new movies to my collection today. The metadata downloaded fine as usual, but instead of downloading the movies' posters, it seems to have just grabbed a screen shot from the video files and named those "poster." I tried refreshing and changing the refresh option to "Replace Existing Images" but it didn't work. They're popular movies so I know the posters are out there, and it grabbed the correct metadata for each, but I can't figure out why this is suddely happening when I haven't changed any settings. It happened to a fair number of movies, so I was hoping to avoid having to manually download each film's poster.

MBClassic: 3.0.207.0

MBServer:3.0.5366.22005

Exactely the same problem here since updating the server today to the latest beta version. Written meta data comes in fine, images do not at all. Just screenshots.

if you don't want screen grabbing then just disable it in the metadata section. MBS is functioning as expected. There are no online images available due to the Tmdb failure so it is generating screenshots. You have an option to stop that behavior.