MB Won't Download Posters, Instead Uses Screenshot

strager

i just tried from the metadata manager from Media Browser and it worked just fine. In any case, if Tmdb acknowledges a problem, then until it's resolved it doesn't matter if one program works or another doesn't. There's nothing for us to do until they issue a follow-up statement.

There was a mention about a tweet from TheMovieDB about a problem, but the only tweet I could find referenced a Google Plus post that indicated they solved the problem with their cache server (September 25/26).  Is there another posting I'm not seeing where they think they still have an issue at TMDB?

awakening

How does this work?

If 2 different programs (meta browser and WMC)

on the same computer,

connect to the same web address (Timdb),

is then not the most logic conclusion that the problem is with the program (WMC) that cannot connect?

This from tmdb would suggest problem is with MB server

Travis Bell

owner
Hi Aryn,

There hasn't been any availability issues since September 25, and even then it was only an issue that lasted an hour.

There are currently no known issues. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "screenshot" though. We return the same highest rated poster and backdrop as you can see on the website. It all just depends on what is being queried, which unfortunately I have no knowledge about.

Have you contacted the devs of MB?

MBS : Version 3.0.5390.25829

only FANART available for download when browsing images in metadata manager. links to TMDB material seems to have disappeared

Edited by djlf

Okay, in order to make a log useful, it needs to contain the process we are investigating.  In this instance, you need to find an item that has this problem and refresh it.  Then confirm that no images were found/downloaded and then post that log.  Thanks.

Sorry tried to edit previous post with relevant logs but wont let me keeps saying log file too big. Not sure what I am at hopefully someone else can post up relevant

info but still cannot fetch images from TMDB at all with this recent server update

JamesWarner740

I can also confirm that i didnt have this problem until after the update. ive included a screenshot of my log.5432b1f9a7814_Untitled.png

Thanks but that log section is not relevant to this issue.  To see relevant data I'll need someone to do the steps I outlined.

Okay, in order to make a log useful, it needs to contain the process we are investigating.  In this instance, you need to find an item that has this problem and refresh it.  Then confirm that no images were found/downloaded and then post that log.  Thanks.

awakening

The latest logfile is almost 10x bigger then the max. file size.

is there a way to select the relevant info from that file? or can i send it to you another way?

TolkienBard

This from tmdb would suggest problem is with MB server

Travis Bell

owner
Hi Aryn,

There hasn't been any availability issues since September 25, and even then it was only an issue that lasted an hour.

There are currently no known issues. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "screenshot" though. We return the same highest rated poster and backdrop as you can see on the website. It all just depends on what is being queried, which unfortunately I have no knowledge about.

Have you contacted the devs of MB?

I thought it might be prudent to post over there just to be safe since generally when they have a problem it is very short-term.

JamesWarner740

I have absolutely nothing to do today, so you tell me exactly what you need and i will get you the info so the problem can be sorted out.

Happy2Play

is there a way to select the relevant info from that file? or can i send it to you another way?

How to Post Log Files

TolkienBard

If you have a Dropbox account, you can save the log to your Dropbox and then provide the share link. I added another handful of movies last night before sacking out. So I should have relevant info in my logs. I'll be posting mine here shortly.

TolkienBard

Here are my logs from last night after adding a handful of movies. I am now up to roughly 30 titles that are not fetching primary/poster art or backdrops. 

Most of these logs are Greek to me, but it would seem the trouble begins around 4:00 a.m. for me, though there are other odd entries before that time, so I'm probably wrong.

Logs