"Playback Error" No compatible streams are currently available

GeorgeCalli
Go to solution Solved by GeorgeCalli,

GeorgeCalli

Ok. Thanks

I've been looking. It's unfortunately not that easy to find the right compatible firmware. As you might know, these media boxes are generic and name and box are customised for various suppliers. 

I'll keep on looking. 

GeorgeCalli

Maybe I should look for an alternative - such as a Mini PC running Open Vault Media and stop fiddling with an Android TV box.

What in your opinion is the most stable environment to run Emby on? 

Thoughts on Open Vault Media for Emby?

Your advice will be appreciated.

Edited by GeorgeCalli
Grammer

11 hours ago, GeorgeCalli said:

Thoughts on Open Vault Media for Emby?

I'm sure it's fine and I know others run it, but we don't really test it ourselves. A mini pc with the windows server or a NAS with the server on it would be a great choice.

• 3 months later...
GeorgeCalli

Quick question please: I presume the Windows server is the one listed as Windows 7 SP1 and later under Downloads? 

Not under Portables? 

12 hours ago, GeorgeCalli said:

Quick question please: I presume the Windows server is the one listed as Windows 7 SP1 and later under Downloads? 

Not under Portables? 

Yes that requirement applies to all Windows downloads. Are you actually running something older than Windows 7 SP1?

4 minutes ago, GeorgeCalli said:

No., the latest Win 10.

OK great then you can use any of the windows downloads.

GeorgeCalli

Luke, hi.

I eventually migrated from Android to Windows x64.

All went smoothly and the libraries scanned for a couple of hours adding in .nfo files after each movie.

But now, if I click on My Media, I get message No Items Found

Any suggestions on how to rectify this would be appreciated. I would have sent log files, but not sure which ones you would want.

Thanks once again.

52 minutes ago, GeorgeCalli said:

Luke, hi.

I eventually migrated from Android to Windows x64.

All went smoothly and the libraries scanned for a couple of hours adding in .nfo files after each movie.

But now, if I click on My Media, I get message No Items Found

Any suggestions on how to rectify this would be appreciated. I would have sent log files, but not sure which ones you would want.

Thanks once again.

I would check user permissions for the logged in user and make sure there aren't any restrictions or parental controls that could be causing it. Also check the filters in the list and make sure you haven't selected a filter that results in no items found.

GeorgeCalli

Thanks for that.

I'm looking, can't seem to find any restrictions though!

Sorted. I had referenced the media drive like I had done previously for Android (using IP address). Funnily enough, using this, it updated the media library, but wouldn't play.

I then changed the IP to the Drive letter, and now it works.

Thanks

Edited by GeorgeCalli
added info
  • Thanks 1

GeorgeCalli

Hi.

May I get some advice please: I used to use Emby server on my Android Media Box. Initially it worked well, until it could not find compatible video streams.

I moved everything over to my Windows 10 PC (media network drive - stayed where it was and connected the same way as it was whilst using the Android Box)

Now, moving between my media, is very slow!

If I click on movies, it takes time to get there. Once there, it eventually works. If I then want to go to another media item, say music, it again takes forever.

Irrespective if the media is on the media network drive, or on the internal hard disk drive in the PC.

The screen goes black, with only the dashboard showing. At this point, even going to settings or managing emby server is painstakingly slow.

With the Android box, its inferior Processor, RAM, ROM, and old firmware, it was lightning fast as compared to now - using the PC.

Any guidance on how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated.

GeorgeCalli

I did not mention that I've checked that SMB protocol and SMB Direct are enabled in Windows 10.

Should I move programdata, cache, metadata, logs and transcoding-temp files to my Media drive? Currently it is all sitting in my Data drive?If yes, how would I do so?

How do I increase cache size?

Thanks once again for the assistance. Greatly appreciated.

Edited by GeorgeCalli
added questions.

On 2/1/2024 at 9:58 AM, GeorgeCalli said:

I did not mention that I've checked that SMB protocol and SMB Direct are enabled in Windows 10.

Should I move programdata, cache, metadata, logs and transcoding-temp files to my Media drive? Currently it is all sitting in my Data drive?If yes, how would I do so?

How do I increase cache size?

Thanks once again for the assistance. Greatly appreciated.

Is that using the web interface directly on the windows server machine?

GeorgeCalli

Yes.

I re-downloaded and re-installed. Increased the cache size and now it works much better, thanks,

GeorgeCalli

Some movies show a small image and name does not render correctly either.  - see appended screenshot - image on the left - Taken.

Any ideas why? How do I rectify this?

Thanks.

Format Emby Movies.jpg

Edited by GeorgeCalli
Grammer

6 hours ago, GeorgeCalli said:

Some movies show a small image and name does not render correctly either.  - see appended screenshot - image on the left - Taken.

Any ideas why? How do I rectify this?

Thanks.

Format Emby Movies.jpg

That means you don't have a poster for the movie. Try using the Identify feature on it and see if that helps pull in an image.

• Like 1

DimitriCallip

Some feedback.

Emby server is working great on my Windows 10 PC. Thank you.

(I should have migrated to Windows from Android long ago)

I also downloaded the Emby app on both our LG TVs and it works well. App even wakes the server in a sleeping PC, streaming content seamlessly.

Once again, brilliant work. Thanks.

GeorgeCalli
8 minutes ago, DimitriCallip said:

Some feedback.

Emby server is working great on my Windows 10 PC. Thank you.

(I should have migrated to Windows from Android long ago)

I also downloaded the Emby app on both our LG TVs and it works well. App even wakes the server in a sleeping PC, streaming content seamlessly.

Once again, brilliant work. Thanks.

Oopsie. Posted under my son's name in error. Apologies.

GeorgeCalli

GeorgeCalli

Another question please:

I have a lot of Greek music.

Most track titles written in Greek, whilst others are written in phonetic English.

Most albums also have a jpeg of the album cover.

Is there a setting that will assist in finding the correct metadata/ album info etc. from each album?

If there is no Album art, there is no Identify feature to pull in an image.

In Library settings, the preferred metadata language is English, and the preferred image download language is also English.

Just had a thought, should I perhaps create 2 different Music libraries, one Music English and the other Music Greek and then specify the preferred language in each?

Would that help?

Thanks.

Thank you.

Appreciate the assistance.

Emby Album art Greek.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
GeorgeCalli

Hi @Lukeand friends. (apologies if this is in wrong section - couldn't find relevant one)

As mentioned, I have moved my server from the Android box to my Windows 10 pc, which was the best thing I could have done. Thanks for the advice.

Works perfectly on all our TVs.

I have a WiiM Mini connected and linked into the Network.

At times it picks up my Emby server and streams the music on the server perfectly with all details, track names, album art - everything.

Yet, at times, it can't seem to find the server at all, whilst at other times, it finds the server's name, but not the content - PC is awake, although even if PC "sleeps", I can still stream to TVs.

I've created a static IP address and fixed port for the server. UPnP is also enabled on Router

How would I troubleshoot this? It would be great to have Emby server available on demand on WiiM Mini. 

Your assistance and guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

George

Edited by GeorgeCalli
Grammer

Yet, at times, it can't seem to find the server at all, whilst at other times, it finds the server's name, but not the content - PC is awake, although even if PC "sleeps", I can still stream to TVs.

Hi, what do you mean exactly by it can't find the server? What do you mean exactly by finds the server's name?

GeorgeCalli

Thanks for the prompt reply.

My Emby server's name is SpMedia.

In the WiiM Mini under My Library, there is a section called Home Music Share.

Accessing this, you should see the Emby server with the servers name - SpMedia.

Clicking on the SpMedia, it will then bring up your libraries.

Now, at times, it doesn't list the server name - SpMedia

And at other times, it lists the name, but after clicking the name, it doesn't list the libraries.

Hope this is a bit clearer.