"Playback Error" No compatible streams are currently available

GeorgeCalli
Go to solution Solved by GeorgeCalli,

GeorgeCalli

I had posted about this on a previous topic Real Time Monitoring occasionally does not work and at the time thought we had found the solution; hence topic was marked as Solution.

My Emby Server is on an Android Media Box (H96+Pro RAM 3GB ROM 16GB +Memory card 16GB) and has been working exceptionally well. 

Server is version 4.7.5.0 with message that Emby Server is up to date.

Network path: smb://readyshare/S_Drive/Movies

Under Library, Real Time Monitoring is selected.

I now again get the following error.

"Playback Error" No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later.

I then Scan Library files - get indication that it is scanning

Server is on, and the Network drive is visible. All movies are listed and can be seen on an Emby app on the TV and via Web, but when you select to continue watching, I get the error message.

Previously I found that the only way to solve this problem, is to remove the library and re - create it.

But unfortunately, now it does not solve the problem - I get the same message.

If I recall correctly, (I speak under correction) before the last two updates, it worked well.

In my way of troubleshooting, I created a new Movies library (Movies 2) without deleting the original one, and to my surprise, it worked.

The original one (Movies), also worked. I don't know why this is, but they both worked, without the error message.

Now unexpectedly, both libraries don’t work. Both give the same error message.

(It is very tedious to have to delete libraries and re-create them every time I get the error message)

Is there something I can do to overcome this problem perhaps? I don't know how to troubleshoot this problem properly.

I attach latest relevant logs for your perusal.

Thanks

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-22a2b6a1-7bbc-4b10-b53b-a429ad2e0c51_1.txt

GeorgeCalli

FYI

I just created another library: TV Shows named Series.

To my surprise it works, and so do the other 2 libraries: Movies and Movies 1

Obviously, something is fixed while creating a new library?

Thanks

HI, the error in the log suggests it failed to connect to your smb server. I notice you setup the library using the name of your nas as the network share. 

What you might try instead is setting up the library using the ip address. Perhaps it just can't resolve that network name.

GeorgeCalli

Hi Luke

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly.

Do you mean I should try and replace smb://readyshare/S_Drive with an IP address?

I presume I will find IP address in router settings - should I then make IP address fixed?

Can't find IP address in router settings - it gives me one for Http and Https though.

Any suggestions how I find it perhaps?

Thanks once again for the help.

Greatly appreciated.

Edited by GeorgeCalli

GeorgeCalli

Thank you.

I will look into it and see what I can find and how to do it.

I'll keep you posted.

Appreciate your help.

• Thanks 1

GeorgeCalli

Luke hi.

I did as you suggested: I substituted the name of the NAS used as the network share with the IP address.

So far so good. It works. Thank you.

I'm now trying to delete the old Libraries that used the name of the NAS by selecting the ellipses and pressing Remove, but nothing happens.

Is there another way to remove/delete a library perhaps?

Thanks once again.

Have a great weekend

Edited by GeorgeCalli

You don't need to remove the whole library. You can just remove the folder from inside the library and change it to the new location.

GeorgeCalli

Ok thanks, Will do so.

But in case there is a library that might need to be removed one day, how would I do that?

GeorgeCalli

Good evening.

Since substituting NAS name with IP address, I get the following message Alert: Scan Media library failed 

Any suggestions on how to overcome this would be appreciated.

I attach message for your perusal.

Thanks once again

Dashboard.html

GeorgeCalli

Thought it was. Apologies.

Nonetheless I'll attach a current one. 

FYI: Scan media library has been stuck on 67.7% for some time now. (Screen shot appended)

Thank you.

Libray scan 25 July 2022 18h36.jpg

embyserver.txt

Drive not found?

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File not found.
	File name: 'smb://192.168.1.1/S_Drive/Music/English Songs/Elvis Presley - Discography/Elvis Presley - The Top Ten Hits/DISC '

GeorgeCalli

I just checked: I can play movies from the drive and listen to music via Emby.

Although most of the movies and music titles don't have any icons/pictures as the scan is not yet complete.

What do you suggest?

I'm not sure to be honest. If you'd like to try the beta server, 4.8.0.7 or higher, I've replaced the entire smb support library with something newer that adds support for smb2 in case that might help.

GeorgeCalli

I can do that. Where do I find the Android beta server - same place as the normal updates? Download the APK and update?

You don't think perhaps deleting the library.db and library.wal might help?

Or rather installing the later version of Beta?

Thanks - your help is appreciated.

• Solution
GeorgeCalli

Luke hi.

Some feedback. I updated to the Beta version as we discussed - went off seamlessly.

It immediately resumed the library scan from where it has stalled.

Server stopped once during the process and had to be restarted.

Library scan was completed and now everything works.

Thanks for the assistance.

I'll give you further feedback if anything unusual happens.

5 hours ago, GeorgeCalli said:

Luke hi.

Some feedback. I updated to the Beta version as we discussed - went off seamlessly.

It immediately resumed the library scan from where it has stalled.

Server stopped once during the process and had to be restarted.

Library scan was completed and now everything works.

Thanks for the assistance.

I'll give you further feedback if anything unusual happens.

@GeorgeCalli can you please provide all server logs anyway since installing the beta? I'd like to take a look. Thanks.

GeorgeCalli

The other server files at approximately the time of stopping, seem to be problematic.

They take forever to download, and then when opened, Notepad gives error 'Not Responding'

I've rebooted PC to no avail. Those few server logs continue to be an issue.

I've checked with the other log files and they download and save successfully. Is there any other way I can send to you perhaps - the do open as a web page though.

I did notice that some of the problamatic.txt file gives the time as 11:30, yet when opened as a web page, the time is 09:30.

unhandled_27e1d0c5-2063-452b-93b7-5d295232b78b.txt

GeorgeCalli

Luke hi.

Quick question please. If I get a message alert: Too many files open does it mean too many movies paused?

How to I close them? If I press delete, are they only deleted from the queue and not from the database?

Thanks