Problem with external subs

chernobylguy

chernobylguy

Hello, there, guys!

So, I've ran into a bit of a problem. I've started watching mostly anime lately (that's not the problem) and it mostly comes with external .ass subs. I think my TV can't handle those or something. Sometimes it just stops showing subs and just stops reacting to any input, I can't even turn off the TV. But I think if I leave burning-in subtitles to my server it works well. So, unclicking "Allow subtitle extraction on the fly" helps if the subs in the .mkv container itself. Is there a way to force burn-in for external subs, too? I could really do without repacking every episode :)

Hi, there is currently no option to force burn in external subs but we are continuing to work on improving the client side rendering.

Can you please show an example? Thanks.

chernobylguy
15 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, there is currently no option to force burn in external subs but we are continuing to work on improving the client side rendering.

Can you please show an example? Thanks.

Do I need a debug log or usual one will work? I think this is the one.

It's not easy to catch it on video, it seems to lag randomly. It just continues the playback but without subs and stops reacting to any input.

ffmpeg-transcode-b7e27dd9-0828-4286-9f9f-9473c2d44046_1.txt

SamES

Without looking at the sub file, being anime I expect it's probably got a lot of subs, and being ass, is it trying to show multiple subs for different speakers at the same time?  I'm wondering if it's just overloading the ass subtitle processor?  There are some limitations with this processor as well when there are what I would call animated subtitles, it really struggles with timing and displaying then correctly from what I've seen in the past.

chernobylguy
18 hours ago, SamES said:

Without looking at the sub file, being anime I expect it's probably got a lot of subs, and being ass, is it trying to show multiple subs for different speakers at the same time?  I'm wondering if it's just overloading the ass subtitle processor?  There are some limitations with this processor as well when there are what I would call animated subtitles, it really struggles with timing and displaying then correctly from what I've seen in the past.

Sometimes, yeah, it lags when a lot of stuff's happening. Other times it just lags during a simple monologue.

And yeah, I understand that those might be heavy to process on the client side that's why I wanted to know if I can just force burn-in on external subs :)