4.7.0.60 update - cannot update metadata/core files whilst VPN is on

NetNegative

NetNegative

Following the update to 4.7.60 Emby can no longer connect to the internet to collect metadata or core file checks whilst my VPN is on.

Prior to the update this was never an issue. 

Turning my VPN off immediately solves the problem, Emby can connect with no problem.

My VPN (Mullvad) software has not been updated since March this year (no updates are available, I'm on the current version) so I know the issue is not with that. I have Local Network Sharing on and Emby is split-tunnelled. I've not installed any new software nor changed any settings on Windows.

I've also lost access to the 'Server' menu in the left hand main menu. I can still access it via the cog icon top right but I'd like it to be back where I could access it instantly.

I have tried restarting Emby, restarting my VPN, trying to manage the server in different browsers and rebooting the PC. Nothing works. Whilst connected to the Internet via my VPN Emby cannot reach the Internet.

Log file is attached.

embyserver.txt

Hello NetNegative,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

NetNegative

Well, I've fixed this. Apparently, whatever your latest update has done, the solution is to remove Emby from split-tunnelling. I don't know why and it makes no logical sense but whereas prior to the update Emby had to be split-tunnelled to allow internet access, now if you split-tunnel it that denies Internet access. This clearly isn't right and I hope you'll look into it. I still have no menu access on the left hand menu.

• 1 year later...
Mr_Scumbag
On 5/22/2022 at 10:00 AM, NetNegative said:

Well, I've fixed this. Apparently, whatever your latest update has done, the solution is to remove Emby from split-tunnelling. I don't know why and it makes no logical sense but whereas prior to the update Emby had to be split-tunnelled to allow internet access, now if you split-tunnel it that denies Internet access. This clearly isn't right and I hope you'll look into it. I still have no menu access on the left hand menu.

Can confirm I had this exact issue and disabling split tunneling oddly fixed it. Very unusual. Would be nice to have a solution to this since I require split tunneling for Emby.

• Thanks 1