Symfonium: Music player and cast with Emby support

Tolriq

Tolriq

Version 5.2.0

• Notes:
    Symfonium translations are crowd-sourced. You can contribute from the translations button in the settings. https://support.symfonium.app/t/wiki-help-translating-symfonium/94

• Added:
    Add continuous playback option. Automatically queue new songs when you reach the end of your current media queue.
    Add pitch control with speed control for local renderer. (Can be disabled in the settings).
    Add new option to use lossless images for cache. This will use a LOT (like really a lot) more space and more cpu / memory to display.
    Add new option Persistent image cache to prevent image cache deletion by OS bugs or “optimizer” apps.
    Added a few sorts to file mode.
    Added Ukrainian translation (Thanks Sergiy).
    Added help buttons to most page of the settings. (Open dedicated documentation pages on the forum, if there’s still unclear settings, send a mail or leave a message in the chat).

• Changed:
    Refactor the “Split albums by album artists” option to be more fine grained allowing any combination of Folder, MusicBrainz ID, Album artist, Year and Composer. (You need to reconfigure your provider)
    Ensure no artist duplicates during tag extraction for custom tag parser.
    Promote multiple media queue and bluetooth lyrics functions to stable.
    Updated a major library. As always if you have issues contact me by mail or the forum.
    Technical: Rebuild Exoplayer ffmpeg extension to ffmpeg 5.1 and shared lib with the new transcode engine. (Yes I know tons of tech words to look smart :p). Should be transparent, but please report any audio issues with this version.

• Fixed:
    Fix possible lyrics issues with some encoding.
    Fix possible low gradient image quality (Clear image cache in settings to reset the cache)
    Add some workaround to better handle LMS errors.
    Fix possible race with UPnP renders leading to skipped tracks.
    Fix issue with MP3 VBR bitrate display.
    Fix possible empty space in home shortcuts when enabling the queue shortcut but not the multi queue one.
    Fix issues with drag and drop after a couple of screens.
    Fix fastscroll sometimes not displaying the first items when returning to top of the page.
    Tweak 4x1 widget to support the Pixels march update and their insane padding.
    Fix transcoding engine issues with https.

https://support.symfonium.app/t/version-5-2-0-released/1909

• 3 weeks later...
Tolriq

Version 5.3.0

• Notes:
    Symfonium translations are crowd-sourced. You can contribute from the Translations button in the settings. [Wiki] Help translating Symfonium

• Added:
    Add new Volume step size option. (For casting and now playing buttons)
    Added Hungarian translation. (Thanks Zsigus)
    Added a new Solarized color scheme. (Thanks Snaptags) (Remember that you can create your own custom themes, and share them on the forums).
    Added a simple Bass boost DSP to the Equalizer - DSP for those who do not want to fine tune the individual EQ bands. (Requires that your device support it)
    Added a binaural/transaural virtualizer DSP to the Equalizer - DSP. (Requires that your device support it)
    Added year as a possible additional information row in now playing.
    Enabled offline rating support. (Rate the songs when offline, rating pushed later to the server when connection is back)
    Added optional pin code protection to settings. Prevent unwanted modifications from children for example.
    Added buffering indicator for local and chromecast renderers.

• Changed:
    Refactor media codec, bitrate, … extraction to always use FFmpeg for consistency and better results on all devices.
    Playcount is now also increased when repeating the same song via repeat modes.
    Start next queued media preparation in advance for non gapless renderers like Chromecast. (Faster Track transition)
    Support more non standard tags for lyrics.
    Volume Boost is now in standard Equalizer-DSP settings to allow per profile configuration. (!You need to reconfigure it again!)
    Refactor some internal to improve global provider image / media cache. Please report any issue with those.
    Updated an internal major library around navigation. Please report any issue.
    Use AudioTrack to control speed/pitch when possible to increase compatibility.
    Tweak first run design.

• Fixed:
    Fix internal proxy when source server use chunked encoding.
    Added workaround for Jellyfin last versions transcoding bugs. (No more opus for now, will use vorbis with another workaround for the lack of handling sample rates correctly)
    Fix plex transcoding request to more reliably use opus.
    Fix Emby/Jellyfin dashboard sometimes not showing that Symfonium is transcoding even if it is.
    Added some fixes to ExoPlayer to recover from invalid frames and some cache issues.
    Fix possible race when loading media queues, leading to lost queue content.
    Reduce memory usage for custom tag parser and very large libraries during scan.
    Greatly improve custom tag parser speed on very large libraries.
    Fix parsing of some CUE files.
    Fix smart filters sub group rules edit not always saved.

https://support.symfonium.app/t/version-5-3-0-released/1995

• Like 1

Tolriq

Version 5.3.1

• Notes:
    Symfonium translations are crowd-sourced. You can contribute from the Translations button in the settings. [Wiki] Help translating Symfonium

• Added:
    Settings backup and restore now support equalizer profiles.
    Added support for AMR transcoding to Chromecast.

• Changed:
    Update the local device add wizard to be simpler and more explicit about the different choices.
    Allow removal of stall headphone names in equalizer profile configuration.

• Fixed:
    Fix subfolder exclusions for local device provider in folder mode (SAF)
    Show the number of removed item in playlist duplicate cleanup.

https://support.symfonium.app/t/version-5-3-1-released/2011

• 2 weeks later...
Tolriq

Version 5.4.0

• Notes:
    Please remember that crashes, issues, and feature requests cannot be addressed or resolved through Play Store comments.

• Added:
    Added the highly requested “Online First” playlist type for imported playlists. Those playlists are automatically refreshed from the server when needed, and edits are instantly pushed. In this mode, the playlist cannot be edited when offline! Note: You need to import your playlists again to change the mode.
    Added a new Favorites tab to Android Auto for quick access to favorite albums, artists, and songs.
    Added FFmpeg tag extractor fallback for the local provider. If you still have some media not recognized by Symfonium as usual, please contact me with details.
    Added new experimental option to leverage transcoding engine for replay gain. Fix the small delay that can sometimes occur between tracks and enable replay gain when casting to Chromecast!
    Added menu entries to remove cached images of albums, artists, and songs, and force a refresh from the provider after app restart.
    Added support for .AU files.

• Changed:
    Try other seek modes in UPnP, even if not advertised by the devices, to workaround some bugged devices.
    Updated UPnP seek code to increase compatibility with more broken devices.
    When using file mode, properly filter known non-playable files.
    Read-only playlists are now automatically synced more frequently when needed, not only during provider syncs.
    To support more use cases, FFmpeg is now compiled with HTTPS support. This slightly increases the app size but opens the doors to many new features.
    Transcoding engine is promoted to beta status.
    Plex offline cache is now done in opus to workaround some bugs with Plex mp3 encoder.

• Fixed:
    Fixed invalid renderer status after app restart and the option “Remember last renderer” is enabled.
    Fixed a possible deadlock of the local provider tag extraction due to permission issues.
    Fixed a rare issue where data could be lost if a sync was started at a specific timing during network loss.
    Fixed possible download issues with Emby/Jellyfin when transcoding to 256 or 320Kbps.
    Ignore invalid lyrics tags that could override valid ones.
    Fix volume handling when casting and not inside the app sometimes in the wrong state.

https://support.symfonium.app/t/version-5-4-0-released/2080

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FeedBack

Further feedback as my family approaches 6 months of dedicated use.

I am so glad we made this move. I cannot port the kids over yet due to the aforementioned pain that is "Google Family in app purchases" but the adults are using Symfonium intuitively and daily. 

I have had almost no family IT support requests after making this move which is a VERY big deal to me.

I can confidently now say I would gladly and unreservedly recommend Symfonium to anyone using any alternate solution . As with any self-hoster I have tried many combinations and Emby-Symfonium is definitely the most polished and robust of them.

Features we lost

I had planned to finish this feedback post by making two comments on features we had lost and that burt when moving to Symfonium but with the release of Version 5.4.0 and the “Online First” playlist feature, it has dropped to only one. Amazing timing.

I have done some reading and there are many posts discussing track caching. They make in depth technical distinctions between a cached item and a streamed item along with suggestions about using smart playlists and other powerful features.

Whilst these are reasonable solutions, in my use case at least, they are far to complex for my userbase . Using DSUB my users automagically cached everything on the fly which resulted in a significant increase in the feeling of reliability with spotty internet since they subconsciously unknowingly choose the same music often.

All technical arguments aside we need a default option that behind the scenes caches frequently played tracks inexpensively and transparently. This cant require clever user tricks because most users simply do not understand any of this.

• Like 1

Tolriq

This is already possible, just enable the playback cache option, it cache what you play and pre cache the playlist to fix network issues too.

• Thanks 1

This is fantastic.

image.thumb.png.0305d9dec57b1e5c6e255c0593528be2.png

This obviously fixes my issue but can I suggest we use this as a lesson learned. I googled and looked at this for quite some time and never landed on anything related to this setting at all.

Everyones google results are different but put yourself in a new user mindset and try and find something in the google results that tell you about this feature. Now I know what to look for it is here but it is swimming in a sea of other completely unrelated cache discussions.

Also perhaps its muscle memory but I focused on Library, Advanced (since it discusses cache and offline) and Misc-Manage offline (since this looked like the place Cache would be set).

So a suggestion. Some apps and even Android itself have a search option within settings where you can type a word and its presents a filtered list of only relevant settings. Maybe Symfonium would benefit from this as a search for cache would have been instant and there are literally dozens of settings in the app.

Thanks for the help. This has sorted me right out. I will leave this little thought for you to consider:

My 80 year old parents or 8 year old kid wont ever consume a wiki. Maybe they are not in your intended user base but if they are then you would not go far wrong by seeing beyond the technical portion of feedback like this.

For example:

walk the users in-app to things they need to know about or answer

• would you like a playback cache it is better for these reasons
  • you have existing playlists, this has been upgraded, would you like them converted to the new style etc

and not

• user finds things feeling slow when internet connectivity is bad, go google blindly, maybe find mention of a cache, google what that is then read a wiki (more likely they will just keep it feeling bad or move on)
  • you missed this great new playlist feature because you dont read changelogs.

Basically you need to consider that people are way dumber than you and dont even know the questions never mind the answers :)

Keep up the great work.

Tolriq

I'm well aware and every default setting value is carefully studied but:

1) On a fast moving app with tons of change every 2 weeks, do you find acceptable to have 4 or 5 questions about the changes? This does not work and can't work. People would be pissed off really quick.

2) Users have the attention span of a golden fish, the configuration of the app first run is already long and complicated for many just to find out the server parameters. Even with very little clicks I lost a lot of users there. Adding more steps means even more user lost that won't even try the app to eventually reach a point where they would need to change a default setting. Currently the goal is to try to even further reduce friction on install and find every possible ways to reduce the number of actions required. (So the opposite)

For this specific playback cache issue, the end goal is to properly be able to detect that the option would help the user and then propose the activation. But that's a lot of complex work to do correctly.

There's lot of things to consider and analytics and I have tons of users feedback for more than a decade on my other app. Seamless updates and fast and easy onboarding are by a very very large margin the biggest impacts on users retentions. And user retention is what makes or kill apps.

• Like 1

Tolriq

Version 5.4.5

• Notes:
    Please remember that crashes, issues, and feature requests cannot be addressed or resolved through Play Store comments.

• Added:
    Long press next button inside Symfonium will skip to next album.

• Changed:
    Refactor option Retain shuffle and repeat mode to Retain player state that also keep speed and pitch between play commands. The option no more retain those on app kill, enable the Playback state saving option for that.
    When offline caching a media, the associated images are now also automatically cached.
    Tweaked the shuffle result when using the shuffle button in library views.

• Fixed:
    Playback cache properly take in account the enhanced replay gain processor.
    Fix Symfonium setting the volume to 100% on start under a specific set of conditions.
    Restore missing actions on playlist entries action menu.
    Proper synchronisation of release date of albums for Emby/Jellyfin.

https://support.symfonium.app/t/version-5-4-5-released/2121

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Tolriq

Version 5.5.0

• Notes:
    Please do not forget to leave a textual review on Play Store. Your feedback plays a crucial role in determining the app’s ranking and countering the “this is a paid app” 1-star reviews, ensuring a brighter future for the application.

• Added:
    Add new now playing settings to allow full screen cover art and other variations.(New Background style: Album art, Blurry / New Cover art style: Hidden)
    Search now support transliteration on Android 10+ allowing to search in foreign languages names with ascii characters (ignore accent, ascii search in Cyrillic/Kanji/Hiragana/Chinese/…, cross search for Simplified and Traditional chinese, …). On Android 9 only accent removal is supported. Requires full provider syncs.
    You can now manually set Playlists/Genres/Artists local thumbnails, either generated from the related songs or via the file/photo picker.
    Enable a new Experimental Compose fix that should solve the few users with touch/swipe/scroll issues. If you now have such kind of issues, please contact me as they will enable this by default in the future!
    You can now click on the position text in now playing for a time picker dialog. (Reminder you can click on the duration to toggle to remaining time)

• Changed:
    Clicks on songs in the search view now apply the song click action setting.
    The automatic offline cache of favorites option now also applies to artists.
    Updated all the icons in the app.
    Added obvious visual indicators when debug mode is active.
    Navidrome sync now support favorite removal on server side.

• Fixed:
    Fix possible wrong mimetype when downloading to download folders for Subsonic servers.
    Fix possible small temporary duplicated data during auto sync of playlists.
    Fix favorite playlist filter applied to search.
    Improved the search view header collapsing behavior.
    Fix lyrics not always visible when enabling the experimental replay gain engine.

https://support.symfonium.app/t/version-5-5-0-released/2189

• 4 weeks later...
Tolriq

Version 5.6.0

• Notes:
    Please do not forget to leave a textual review on Play Store. Your feedback plays a crucial role in determining the app’s ranking and countering the “this is a paid app” 1-star reviews, ensuring a brighter future for the application.

• Added:
    Widgets icons are now also updated to match the new icons in the app.
    Sync status now shows a detailed status with counters for the number of files / media synced.
    File mode lists now have a filter button to search in large lists.
    Most lists now have filter button to directly filter the content without switching to the search tab.
    Added new option to not crop now playing cover art.
    Added some new sorts to playlist list.
    Added tag support for playlists to easily filter playlist by custom tags you apply to them.
    Added album artists and composer entries to songs bottom sheets.
    Added Finish last song option to sleep timer.

• Changed:
    Symfonium is now targeting Android 14. Please report any issues if you are on Android 14 beta.
    The add to playlist dialog now displays the thumbnails and have an indicator if the song is already present in a playlist.
    The song additional info settings are now applied to the now playing queue list.
    Added a workaround for Yamaha MusicCast devices not respecting UPnP standard.
    Added some workaround to better support UAPP as UPnP renderer. (A few changes are still required on their side)

• Fixed:
    Fixed Emby/Jellyfin libraries temporarily not visible in the filter panel after a sync.
    Fixed the possible 1 line space below the compact player.
    Fixed the missing item count in some screens when the option is enabled.
    Prevent some touches in lyrics view that could interact with the hidden player view.
    Properly also cache album art when offline caching song as they may differ.
    Fixed possible multiple queue duplicate creation when playing playlists.
    Skip Jellyfin automatic sync when it scans it’s libraries as it can return incomplete data.
    Fixed Jellyfin/Emby offline playback count sync not sending the proper time of play.
    Fixed changing artists thumbnails for Local Device provider in SAF mode.
    Ignore invalid repeated previous/next commands sent by some cars.

• 4 weeks later...
Tolriq

Version 5.7.0

• Notes:
    Translations are crowd-sourced, you can help completing some translations from the Settings page then Translations.

• Added:
    Android Auto now have a resume songs list if you have enabled the corresponding row in the main app overview rows.
    Symfonium should properly import shared playlist on Plex.
    Added new setting to auto expand player when starting playback.
    You can now change songs user rating from most bottomsheets (Including offline and not only the currently playing one).
    Filter button is added to playlist content and playlist import dialog.
    Added the long awaited radio mixes. If your provider support similar artist API (Plex/Emby/Jellyfin/Subsonic) and is connected, it will start a personal mix based on similar artists.

• Changed:
    Updated a few remaining icons to the new design.
    Updated Exoplayer with some changes to Offload mode. (Offload gapless requires Android 13 now, no more Enabled with gapless disabled option).
    Modified ExoPlayer to apply Replay Gain at proper timing and prevent playing music at wrong volume for a small delay.
    - If you enabled the Enhanced Replay Gain processor option, please try to disable it and report back any issues.
    - The option is still needed to apply replay gain to Chromecast but will be renamed / tweaked in a future release.
    Removed the “Disable Compose velocity fix” option. If you enabled it without contacting me, I guess now is the time.
    Player progress bars now shows the buffered position too when possible.
    Mixes now only use at most 300 000 songs as input to avoid issues on really large libraries.
    Vastly improved personal mixes generation time on large libraries.
    Favorite playlists overview row header now open a dedicated favorites playlists page.
    Long pressing items in the now playing queue is now equivalent to clicking the 3 dots button.
    Updated the AutoEQ database to the last version. Please note that while they have improved a few profile, they also removed a lot of duplicate or low quality ones. See Wiki and Tips on the forum for help on building your own profiles.
    - In Settings/Advanced press Reset AutoEQ database, then import your profile again.

• Fixed:
    Added support for some kind of invalid ogg files that can still be played.
    Import playlists skip duplicates option now support playlists with the same name on provider side if the server exposes playlist ids.
    Fixed personal mixes not always properly working with offline providers without enabling the available offline filter.
    Fixed possible scroll position lost when modifying data in a sub screen.
    Fixed wrong colors in now playing when toggling dark mode and something is playing.
    Fixed back action sometimes changing the tab and not navigating up when returning from the launcher.

https://support.symfonium.app/t/version-5-7-0-released/2380

• 3 weeks later...

Version 5.8.0

• Notes:
    Symfonium is 100% user driven, if you lack some features or have issues, just contact me on the forum.

• Added:
    Added many new settings for the lyrics view, press the configure button in that screen. (Note: You need to reconfigure your previous font size)
    Added new circular queue navigation option. Previous on first track goes to last, and next on last goes to first.
    Added the long awaited multi-select in most vertical grid/lists. Started by either clicking the multi select button or long pressing on items.
    - The feature supports drag multi select.
    - This replace the drag and drop function in those screens, but this is the same amount of actions or less in all cases.
    Added Random songs and Rediscover songs as possible home page overview rows.
    Added Recent albums as possible home page overview row. (Your provider must support full date as release date for this to work properly).
    When importing playlists, Symfonium will automatically convert hashtags in the playlist name to tags.
    Added a new setting to control showing the track number in media session. (Split from the previous Show track number)
    Added new circle Cover art style.
    Active song is now highlighted in all song lists. (Albums, playlists, …)
    Added Date created and Last played as possible playlist sort order.

• Changed:
    Enabled Google Firebase Crashlytics / Analytics in production release as Play Console does not allow me to track down the last Compose crashes.
    - Remember that your privacy is important and you can opt out of everything in the settings.
    - But please contact me when you have issues and crashes so I can fix them.
    Migrated to FFMpeg 6.0. If you have some media no more playing, as always please contact me with details.
    Renamed the Recent XXX overview rows to Recently added XXX to better reflect their content.
    When force syncing a playlist, use the last modified time of the provider when it support it.
    Tweaked fonts for texts in the expanded now playing screen.

• Fixed:
    Fix play all and song click in playlist view when text filter is applied.
    Fix possible repetitive playlist syncs for providers who do not expose a modified date for playlists.
    Fix shuffle button not working for artists songs view.

https://support.symfonium.app/t/version-5-8-0-released/2431

• 3 weeks later...

Version 5.9.0

• Notes:
    Please do not forget to leave a textual review on Play Store. Your feedback plays a crucial role in determining the app’s ranking, ensuring a brighter future for the application.

• Added:
    Added support for Internet radios (Beta)
    - Imported from Subsonic or manually added.
    - All usual Symfonium functions (Android Auto, Custom images, lower quality URLs when on mobile, shortcuts, ...)
    - Should support Shoutcast, HLS and Dash streams. If your radio does not play but plays in others apps please contact me with details.
    Add new setting to display navigation bars labels (Never, Always or when selected).
    Add new Lyrics view setting to display thumbnail in portrait.
    Added support for basic auth headers for Subsonic providers for reverse proxy that requires it.
    Added the possibility to hide individual songs from library for the local provider.

• Changed:
    Replaced the option Smaller header images in detail views by 4 different settings for each details views allowing 3 states: Default, Small, Hidden.
    Allow importing Plex smart playlist as normal read only playlists. You should really prefer Symfonium smart playlists as more parameters and more efficient.
    Multiple selection actions now respect the selection order. (Play/Queue/Add to playlist/…)
    When adding multiple folders in Folder mode for local provider, they are now considered as different libraries, allowing quick filtering as other providers supporting multiple libraries.

• Fixed:
    Fix bottom of some list not always visible when the player is active.
    Fix media not resolved in local device file mode, leading to missing metadata and thumbnail.
    Fix possible crash in search view.
    Fix possible crash in file mode with duplicated files.
    Fix possible crash when managing auto offline rules.
    Still trying to reproduce some last crashes to report to Google, if you can reproduce a crash please contact me.

https://support.symfonium.app/t/version-5-9-0-released/2503

hthgihwaymonk

Will symfonium at some point support the  4.8.0.4X branch of emby ?

As of 4.8.0.46, no new connections can be made using symfonium.
The app returns  -
Unable to get media provider version, when trying to connect to any emby server running this branch

This is not in my hand, I think they pushed a 4.8.0.47 beta that might fix that, else you need to ask Luke to fix it.

If they don't fix I can workaround, but I'd rather not as it might cause other kind of issues.

• Agree 1

jaycedk

@hthgihwaymonkif you are using 3th party app's, do not expect them to support Emby beta releases.

There are too many changes that might break a 3th party app.

That will send 3th party dev on a wild goose chase, trying to fix bugs, that might be fixed in a later release of the core app.

That in turn will send the 3th party dev, on another goose chase, undoing the previous fix.

Just look at Emby's beta cycle 4.8.0.49 right so let alone in this beta cycle, 3th party dev would have been on that goose chase 49 times.    

Well no it's important that users test and report issues, so that if there's known changes we can adapt and in this case if there's unwanted changes we can report to Emby so they fix.

And in this case I'd like to know if this is fixed on Emby side :)

• Like 2

hthgihwaymonk

@jaycedk
I do not expect anything, but thanks for reading that into it.
I simply asked a question and in doing so was either hoping for a, yes we've seen that too or we will look out for that issue once this branch hits stable.

Tolriq

Well you did miss my answer about the issue being Emby side and the question about it being fixed in the latest beta, or if you need to post in the linked post to ask again for the fix.

• 5 weeks later...
Tolriq

Version 6.0.0

• Notes:
    Testing and reporting issues for the new providers is important since, when they are stable, they will open support for other providers like Google Drive, One Drive, …

• Added:
    Add support for Samba (SMB v2/v3) shares as media provider. (Experimental feature, no anonymous login support for now, please report issues with details to handle all the different servers out there)
    Add support for WebDAV as media provider. (Experimental feature, please report issues with details to handle all the different servers out there)
    Big OpenSubsonic initiative progress and new features (Servers needs to implement them see forum. LMS support nearly everything and Gonic support multiple album artists & genres)
    - Multiple artists, multiple genres, composers, mood, record label, song bpm, song comments, ...Many new data bringing up to date OpenSubsonic servers on pair with more modern alternatives.
    - Seek during transcoding (LMS and Gonic).
    You can now import M3U/PLS playlists in file mode from Local device in SAF mode, Samba and WebDAV providers. (3 dots menu then import. Beta status: only relative paths are supported for now, please report your different playlist formats to add support for them)
    Add option to auto scan media at app start for local provider in SAF mode.
    Added support for Jellyfin 10.9 external lyric support.
    Added API commands to control sleep timer.

• Changed:
    Sleep timer now remember the last used value.
    Multiple music folders in Subsonic servers supporting them are now seen a multiple libraries for easy filtering.
    When sorting albums by display artist also sort by album name. Introduce a new sort by display artist then year.
    Updated AutoEQ database. (Go to Settings/Advanced/Reset AutoEQ database to update)
    When clicking an m3u or pls playlist in file mode on supported media providers, the playlist is now resolved and it’s content played.
    In offline mode tracks not available will be grayed out in playlists.
    Automatic cleanup of currently unsupported extended lyrics tags.
    Search screen parameters are now kept between usages.

• Fixed:
    Fix broken playlist import for Kodi provider.
    Fix automatic offline cache library selection not persisted when editing providers.
    Fix possible failed test when adding a Subsonic host with proxy auth.
    Fix some media not playing anymore due to too small buffers.
    Symfonium now check the max supported sample rate by the device and transcode non supported files when needed.
    Fix some edges cases of color extraction for now playing.
    Fix support of TDRL tag.
    Fix Plex sometimes transcoding wav files when unneeded.
    Ensure that Plex transcodes output supported sample rates by the device.
    Fix continuous playback option not working when Circular queue navigation option is enabled.
    Fix possible wrong track started when playing a playlist in offline mode and not all files cached.

https://support.symfonium.app/t/version-6-0-0-released/2689

• 3 weeks later...
Tolriq

Version 6.1.0

• Notes:
    Please do not forget to leave a textual review on Play Store. Your feedback plays a crucial role in determining the app’s ranking, ensuring a brighter future for the application.

• Added:
    Add high quality resampler to internal decoder to allow playing unsupported samplerates without transcoding.
    First sync status is now shown in home page for better visibility.
    You can now export songs from offline cache to Downloads folder.
    Refactored media format cache to ensure less unneeded network access and faster response. Please contact me if invalid data is displayed.
    Refactored scraped artists cache to support provider removal and multiple providers more efficiently.
    Add support for language tags in Symfonium tag parser (Local device, SMB, WebDAV). Supported for albums / songs with new library list and smart filter support. (You need to clear tag cache then sync again)
    Add new option permanent audio focus loss, to prevent automatic playback restart then audio focus is gained back.
    You can now also set Album thumbnails (Locally, not pushed back to files or provider).

• Changed:
    Refactor the first run wizard to simplify configuration for local music player only usage.
    Songs in search view display the album name.
    The album sort order Display artist, Year now support all ascending / descending order per field. (Press multiple times)
    Try to better handle multiple offline playcount updates for all providers.
    Use less aggressive colors when using Solid dynamic color as background in now playing.
    Fix Custom tag parser album grouping by some split combinations that could be wrong. This may change a little your album grouping if you used Album Artist or Composer tag, contact me if you have issues.
    You can now remove from offline cache on Smart playlists.

• Fixed:
    Fix possible missing Add provider button in landscape.
    Fix rare crash in song detail bottomsheet.
    Prevent accidental swipe actions during scroll.
    Continuous playback should not activate when repeat mode all is active.
    Fix possible crash with xHE-AAC files.
    Fix synced lyrics global offset value wrongly applied.
    Added workaround to support some exotic mp3 files.

https://support.symfonium.app/t/version-6-1-0-released/2819

• 3 weeks later...
Tolriq

Version 7.0.0

• Notes:

• Added:
    Add support for OneDrive as media provider. (Experimental feature, please report issues with details)
    Add support for DropBox as media provider. (Experimental feature, please report issues with details)
    Add support for Box as media provider. (Experimental feature, please report issues with details)
    Note: Google currently refuses access to it’s Google Drive API for Symfonium, the provider support is ready but can’t be enabled for now.
    Note: pCloud currently do not allow new API access request and can’t give more details.
    Added new possible app icon Default (Red Background).
    You can now configure notification and media session (Android 13+ notification, Android Auto, …) buttons. (See changed section)
    You can now use direct image urls for Internet Radio thumbnails.
    Smart filter in playlist now also support not in playlist.

• Changed:
    Add a workaround for possible duplicate Chromecast Audio devices, please contact me if you now have missing devices.
    Notification and media sessions buttons are now in sync (but configurable). You may need to configure them again to your liking.
    Added more details for final sync steps messages.
    Added Vorbis decoder to internal decoder to workaround some devices issues.

• Fixed:
    Fix possible blocked sync with some media for WebDAV provider.
    Fix possible slow media start during a sync.
    Fix a performance issue with custom tag parser.
    Added workaround for Bluetooth/Headset auto play for Android 14. (You also need to set battery restriction to Unrestricted)
    Fix local device custom tag parser with Media Store album folder split issue.
    Fix Samba provider album folder split issue.
    Fix Kodi 21 detection.
    Properly display bitrate as kb and not kib.
    Fix album artist sometimes displayed in Chromecast instead of song artist.
    Fix artist distribution possible failure when using shuffle all.
    Fix very short media (<1s) playcount not updating.
    Fix artist scraping caching issue that could lead to trying to scrape the same artist after each syncs.
    Fix unwanted binary files in the APK increasing size for no reason.
    Fix pushing new large playlists to Emby/Jellyfin for the first time.

https://support.symfonium.app/t/version-7-0-0-released/2954