• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#261 Ghost1979 OFFLINE  

Ghost1979

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 10:22 PM

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:06 AM

Yep my mistake... a mistake that I'm sure other Apple TV users will make. Hopefully they see this thread before buying....Like I mentioned, "a good will gesture". 

Good luck in your future endeavours. 

#262 radeon OFFLINE  

radeon

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1246 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:18 AM

Yep my mistake... a mistake that I'm sure other Apple TV users will make. Hopefully they see this thread before buying....Like I mentioned, "a good will gesture".

Good luck in your future endeavours.

I get what you're saying but it doesn't quite work like that. The theme media is the tangible part of the plugins. Ultimately, once you have run the plugins and got them to download the theme media then they're in the most part done unless new movies or TV shows are added to your collection. So you're at that point and have confirmed my plugins have done what they were supposed to do.

It'd be like going into restaurants, buying a steak, eating the steak then saying, oh sorry, I made a mistake because it didn't make me feel the way I wanted it to, then ask for your money back? Going one better, a restaurant where they enable you to taste the steak at the start before you place your order.

If I give you a refund, you've still eaten the steak.

If I give you a refund, how do I then respond to all of those floods of people who do the same then just tell me they made a mistake?

#263 Ghost1979 OFFLINE  

Ghost1979

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:03 AM

Whatever makes you feel better. The analogy isn't quite the same.

More accurately would be that I have plastic forks at your restaurant which means that I can't eat my steak. Your response is, "well I've done my bit. You've ordered your steak, you have your steak.....just because you can't eat it isn't my fault." All is true, I should have checked I had the correct cutlery.

Unfortunately I didn't check and yes that's on me hence the goodwill gesture request. But that is fine, like you said, you've done your bit. 

Maybe in future just put a a sentence in there to say this does not work with Apple TV to help other people not make the same mistake....or don't, non of my business

#264 radeon OFFLINE  

radeon

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1246 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:11 AM

Whatever makes you feel better. The analogy isn't quite the same.

More accurately would be that I have plastic forks at your restaurant which means that I can't eat my steak. Your response is, "well I've done my bit. You've ordered your steak, you have your steak.....just because you can't eat it isn't my fault." All is true, I should have checked I had the correct cutlery.

Unfortunately I didn't check and yes that's on me hence the goodwill gesture request. But that is fine, like you said, you've done your bit. 

Maybe in future just put a a sentence in there to say this does not work with Apple TV to help other people not make the same mistake....or don't, non of my business

It is the same. You still don't understand my plugins. My plugins don't "work" with any of the clients, they don't enable or disable any functionality. They have zero impact on what the clients can or can't do. They simply provide theme media to the emby server. If they have done that then they are doing what they are supposed to. 

Like I say, good will gestures to anyone opens me up to a world of issues. 

Your last sentence says to me you still don't understand the purpose of my plugins and what impact they have. 

• maegibbons likes this

#265 Ghost1979 OFFLINE  

Ghost1979

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:57 AM

"Your last sentence says to me you still don't understand the purpose of my plugins and what impact they have." For the record I do now understand how your plugin works.

Funnily enough sometimes people make mistakes, they make wrong assumptions. That's why on lot's of different products they have a please note section. Sometimes these sections point out the obvious (playstation not included in this £5 product) I only made a suggestion that you could help your potential customers not make the same mistake I have. Maybe I am the only one stupid enough to make this mistake.

Let me take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience that my stupidity has caused. I won't bother you any longer.....good look in your future ventures

#266 radeon OFFLINE  

radeon

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1246 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 11:52 AM

Just made a quick FAQ. I intend on expanding but wanted to post the start whilst I had a spare 5 mins. 

https://emby.media/c...ia-plugins-faq/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Theme Music, TV, Theme Songs, Songs, Plugin, Radeon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users