No audio when playing transcoded files

AndyXH

AndyXH

Currently as a work around. To do this, you need to install the Diagnostics plugin, reboot, then go to Diagnostic Options and scroll down a bit to see the two text fields.

Find: -segment_format mpegts

Replace: -segment_format mpegts -segment_format_options mpegts_flags=+system_b

image.png.13c8f37daf0a2f62336283d2fdd2237f.png

It appears to be that the TV doesn't support ATSC-style E-AC3 descriptors in MPEGTS (when the HLS protocol is being used), but it supports the DVB-Standard EAC3 descriptors.
The latter are actually also a bit more common. This seems to be more related on the Samsung TVs. Emby is currently working on a solutions. For now if anyone is having a simulator issues please try above commands. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@SamES said he can adjust the request to the server to indicate whether the server should switch to DVB style descriptors. 

I can make the server switch to use DVB-style for transcoding when the client requests it.

But @Luke will have to coordinate the way how the client should request this from the server.

AndyXH
2 hours ago, softworkz said:

@SamES said he can adjust the request to the server to indicate whether the server should switch to DVB style descriptors. 

I can make the server switch to use DVB-style for transcoding when the client requests it.

But @Luke will have to coordinate the way how the client should request this from the server.

Thank you so much for the update!! Let me know when you guys are ready to test :)