No audio when playing transcoded files

AndyXH

AndyXH

Hello, 

I noticed that when a move is not direct play the audio stops working. Please see attached video. When i select playback internet quality to Auto its going to transcode the video but when i change it to higher  throughput it plays direct play and the audio is back running Server 4.7.0.32

ffmpeg-transcode-83de80f9-8236-4cb3-8539-839a6dcb485e_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-599ef747-3dc2-4a7d-bddd-c6e283e1ce77_1.txt log.txt

AndyXH

Yes as far as I can see only happens with eac3 files but not with all it strange but only happens with is transcoding it if it dose direct play it works on the effected files 

AndyXH

logs.zip

Here you go please see zip files you will see The 100 thats the one i had issues when seaking and Grays Anatomy was one of the files that had audio issues when transcoding. Hope this helps let me know if you need more :) 

Thanks for everything.    

The logs from beta .32 which you posted above regarding the audio issue are about a file named "Deep.Water..".

None of the logs from the release version is showing playback of that file. You need to test the same file on both versions to have a valid and meaningful comparison.

Thanks.

AndyXH

Okay I will test deep water! But I’m sure I also tested grays anatomy as it was having the same issue. But no problem I’ll test that and send you the logs 

Can you try using the ffmpeg build from 4.6.7 with the beta server? Here it is. Just unzip this into the same folder where EmbyServer.exe is contained:

ffmpeg.zip

Then try again and attach the ffmpeg log. Thanks.

Just now, andreaxheli said:

@Luke same results with the ffmpeg replacement 

And the log from that?

AndyXH

@luke so I had a MiBox 4Android TV and played the movie with direct play and transcode and works just fine. I did the same thing on the Samsung TV running App V 1.2.6 and direct play works and transcode doesn't on Server 4.7.0.34 Now if i run Server 4.6.7 no issues on both plat forms. Can this be something on the Samsung App side and Server 4.7.0.X ?

4.7.0.34 Logs.zip

AndyXH

@Luke 

Please see attached screenshot I don't know if this is relevant but I playing same movie on an Android TV with transcode and it worked and I also on Samsung and it dose not.

The only thing I'm noticing on the Samsung the Audio is not being transcoded and on the Android it is. Can this have something to do with it. Please see below screenshot 

Server 4.7.0.35

image.png.3d1dff3fe733e9def727964e953258ca.png

@andreaxheli as a test, if you force this file to direct play by raising the app quality setting, do you get audio?

The bitrate is probably going to be too high for the network connection, so it may not play smoothly, but for the purposes of this test that doesn't matter

AndyXH

@Luke Normally that's what I do. I set the The Play back > Video > Internet quality > 1080P -25Mbps and it dose direct play and Audio is back. MY internet is 1GB Down & 50 Mbps up

image.png.0191e65afe3adb709bf121de5d58b7a8.png

Edited by andreaxheli

AndyXH

image.png.046b6a70ce22d9aa9095565492f7f6fb.pngimage.png.d98077c6a0031d74f2b1d7d89f0c52d2.png

I just lower the quail on 4.7.0.35 and not audio issue since its transcoding 

Please see PM on 4.6.7 video and its working no matter what quality you set the video too 

Try setting the quality setting to about 7 or 8 mbps like you did in the first log of this post. please try this in 4.6.7. Thanks.