Cannot seem to download files to devices (all IOS)

ptlh2a

goodwintek

Example, when not connected to server, cannot access downloads:

When connected to server, cannot see any downloaded content:

IMG_0722.png

IMG_0723.png

brian5678
On 7/15/2023 at 5:34 AM, brian5678 said:

Hello Luke and team,

I wanted to give you this additional information as I am using a similar setup but without docker.  I am running Emby prem (version 4.7.13 recently rebuilt in new jail) on TrueNas 11.3 (with newish hardware).  I was redownloading video media on multiple iOS devices (v2.2.10 app) and one samsung tablet (current version) for a trip.  I am no longer seeing "ready for transfer" (or playback) problems and I was both downloading original format and converted content. 

Another note is I do not use the the current iOS on my iOS devices (15.7.3, 15.3.1, and samsung default setup so always updating and current).  My network is using a MikroTik  (hAP ac) router/gateway [which the queues for bandwidth control continue to be a headache].  I have not monitored the transfer speeds to the various devices.   BTW prior MikroTik (RB951G) were solid without headaches but had slower network thruput.

Hope it helps.

UPDATE: I am back to having problems with the video media content stuck in "Ready to Transfer".  It seems to only transfer the first title and rest never transfer (days and days of checking and telling server process que).  I am guessing the problem is because the 2.2.10 iOS app version is not completely compatible with the latest current stable 4.7.13 server release.  I was not having this (stuck in transfer problem) 2.2.10 iOS app version when using the beta release of the 4.8.0.21 server.

Maarten

Latest IOS updated removed all downloaded files from iPad. New downloads are stuck on waiting for transfer.
 And I cannot delete any item! Yeah, I’m admin……..

the upgrades are for me big downgrades ;-(

Luke! What have you done? 😅

Edited by Maarten

Maarten
On 8/24/2023 at 2:50 AM, goodwintek said:

Example, when not connected to server, cannot access downloads:

When connected to server, cannot see any downloaded content:

IMG_0722.png

IMG_0723.png

Because there are all gone! Check storage on your device

JPgruenewald
On 7/29/2023 at 2:40 PM, lacose said:

Apologies for interjecting, but I really need to express my profound frustration with Emby. I've been a loyal subscriber, but the IOS offline download feature has been nothing but a letdown. It simply has never worked for me, and it's incredibly disappointing.

I've gone to great lengths to try and fix this issue. I went ahead and reset my Emby server not once, but twice! On top of that, I've repeatedly redownloaded the Emby apps on both my iPad and iPhone, hoping for a miracle. But alas, it's been a futile effort.

The worst part is that I see other apps like Infuse seamlessly providing offline download capabilities. So, it begs the question: why is Emby struggling with this seemingly basic feature?

I signed up for Emby with the expectation of being able to download my favorite content for offline viewing, especially when I'm on the move or without a stable internet connection. But instead, I'm left feeling scammed and frustrated.

If anyone out there has encountered a similar problem and found a way to make the offline download feature work on Emby, I'm all ears. Right now, I'm disheartened and seriously considering alternatives because this experience has been a real letdown.

I'm jumping on this train again too. It is indeed really frustrating. My Problem is, that the Download section is just awful.

What I want to achieve:

I want to simply download a playlist and want to automatically synchronize it with my iPhone. For this purpose I created a playlist containing one complete album (from Genesis) and a single track from another (unknown) artist. For reference see pictures 01 - 03. The download on my iPhone is finished successfully, see picture 04.

What is my problem:
On my iPhone I only see the full album from Genesis. But where is the other single track from the other artist? See pictures 10 - 15.

What are my questions?

1) How to make it work?
2) Why does the SW needs the download section? Why cannot the home section be used for displaying available (in case of being offline the downloaded) content?

It really annoys me that there is no real solution to this topic since almost one year (09/2022) - see my first post:

My Device/SW info:

iPhone 6s running iOS 15.7.8 with emby version 2.2.12
MacBook Pro 2016 running macOS 12.6.8 w/ Chrome 116.0.5845.110 (Official Build)
emby server 4.7.13.0 (docker)

I'm paying for premiere but I cannot use it. For me it seems to be one of the most versatile - and thus best - software solutions out there. But it makes me sad that it is in fact not. At least for me... I really hope this issue is looked at (again) by you developers. I think that my setup is not too special and unique for this.

15.PNG

14.PNG

13.PNG

12.PNG

11.PNG

10.PNG

04.png

03.png

02.png

01.png

• 2 months later...
On 8/30/2023 at 3:51 PM, JPgruenewald said:

I'm jumping on this train again too. It is indeed really frustrating. My Problem is, that the Download section is just awful.

What I want to achieve:

I want to simply download a playlist and want to automatically synchronize it with my iPhone. For this purpose I created a playlist containing one complete album (from Genesis) and a single track from another (unknown) artist. For reference see pictures 01 - 03. The download on my iPhone is finished successfully, see picture 04.

What is my problem:
On my iPhone I only see the full album from Genesis. But where is the other single track from the other artist? See pictures 10 - 15.

What are my questions?

1) How to make it work?
2) Why does the SW needs the download section? Why cannot the home section be used for displaying available (in case of being offline the downloaded) content?

It really annoys me that there is no real solution to this topic since almost one year (09/2022) - see my first post:

My Device/SW info:

iPhone 6s running iOS 15.7.8 with emby version 2.2.12
MacBook Pro 2016 running macOS 12.6.8 w/ Chrome 116.0.5845.110 (Official Build)
emby server 4.7.13.0 (docker)

I'm paying for premiere but I cannot use it. For me it seems to be one of the most versatile - and thus best - software solutions out there. But it makes me sad that it is in fact not. At least for me... I really hope this issue is looked at (again) by you developers. I think that my setup is not too special and unique for this.

15.PNG

14.PNG

13.PNG

12.PNG

11.PNG

10.PNG

04.png

03.png

02.png

01.png

@JPgruenewaldcurrently when you download a playlist it will download the tracks but not the actual playlist. Full support for this is planned for future updates. Thanks.

JPgruenewald
On 11/19/2023 at 10:53 PM, Luke said:

@JPgruenewaldcurrently when you download a playlist it will download the tracks but not the actual playlist. Full support for this is planned for future updates. Thanks.

I hope that this won't take long. Synchronization and finding downloaded music should work easily and reliably. 🙂

brian5678

Here I am right back where I was on 8/7/2022 with the downloading functionality completely BROKEN AGAIN.  (download panel is blank and 'download' button does NOTHING. 

current app pics

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

• 3 weeks later...