Single navigation key pressing of a BT remote gets multiplied

anhil

I have a TCL 43C725 Android TV which is an European (DVB) version of  the Android TCL television made for the American ATSC market. The Android TV version is 11.

I was not aware that my Android TV would be capable of running Emby for Android as well as Emby for Android TV untill I was told so in another thread. I prefer Emby for Android over Emby for Android TV due to the language limitation which means that Emby for Android inherits the language from Android system settings and this is not selectable within Emby for Android TV app. Lately I have also experienced stuttering in Emby for Android TV when streaming 4k movies within my LAN but that stuttering is not there with Emby for Android. The hardware and connection is the same (WiFi 802.11ac delivering over 200 Mbit/s instead of the crappy 100BASE-TX ethernet provided  by TCL) but I have not bothered to investigate this, since I anyway prefer Emby for Android.

However, just recently I found out, that I have a problem with my Bluetooth remote control TCL RC802V which was provided with the TV along with the regular infrared remote control. Within Emby for Android, if I press any of the navigations keys (UP/RIGHT/DOWN/LEFT) on the BT remote, the application multiplies the pressing by 3x...6x or by even more. This means that is is e.g. impossible to select the movie next to the current one on the desktop etc.

I want to emphasize that this multiplying problem is not there with the regular infrared remote nor in any other Android application, including Emby for Android TV, just in Emby for Android and with the BT remote only.

I am currently running Emby Server 4.17.0.18 for QNAP,  Emby for Android 3.2.27 and Emby for Android TV 2.0.52g

I have not yet bothered to experiment with other app versions but merely would like to hear, if anyone else has stumbled to this kind of a phenomenon.

Edited by anhil
Typo

Tried to say "Emby for Android TV inherits the language from Adnroid system " instead of "Emby for Android inherits the language from Android system".
Noticed that error too late and the window for editing was already closed...

anhil

No, this multiplication phenomenon is related only to the four navigation keys of the BT remote marked with yellow bounding boxes on the attached picture. All other keys, including the back button (the grey key with arrow pointing to left) work as they should. However, I bet you can imagine, that this makes the BT remote pretty useless for Emby for Android in my TCL.

I even suspected that the new added feature of long pressing the keys would have caused this in my TCL, but reverting back to version 3.2.23 (from 3.2.26/27) changed nothing and the problem was still there.

RC802V.png.20c436a187f583a8afe263fc623b48b4.png