Single navigation key pressing of a BT remote gets multiplied

anhil

Are you using the remote in mouse mode where it puts a mouse pointer on the screen? 

Not that that should matter but just trying to reproduce.

9 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

In my case no. If you want to reproduce it, buy a Flirc for 25$ on Amazon and return it after testing.

Well the one I got I can't reproduce with so I'm going to try the exact one that was mentioned above.

OK I have the GS30 and I can reproduce, so that's good. I'll work on getting this resolved as quickly as I can. Do you actually find this thing comfortable to use? The shape of it makes for an awkward feel in my opinion.

58 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK I have the GS30 and I can reproduce, so that's good. I'll work on getting this resolved as quickly as I can. Do you actually find this thing comfortable to use? The shape of it makes for an awkward feel in my opinion.

I do admit that the shape and button geometry of G30S leave a lot of room for improvement. If you now any alternatives in this process range ($10...$20) with similar features (RF air mouse with navigation buttons + learning IR remote + integrated mic for Google assistant), but with better ergonomics, please let me know 👍   

42 minutes ago, Luke said:

This is the one I initially got because I figured I would get something that is used by more people:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08VN98V93

And that remote is definitely much better than the G30, but the problem didn't occur with it so I couldn't use it for testing this issue.

Thanks, that has much better ergonomics and button geometry with same features. I will check, what they ask for it in China... 

1 h later:
I checked the G20S remote (and the Pro variant and the Pro BT variant). Unfortunately in G20S (and in its variants) you can use the IR learn function only for the power key and for the mute key. Rest of the keys work only with RF/BT and cannot be taught any IR codes. Such a shame, since otherwise this would have been perfect.

Edited by anhil
Additions...

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you please try this and let us know how it compares:

Thanks.

I checked this v 3.2.36 and unfortunately it still multiplies the pressing of the navigation keys of my factory provided BT remote on my TCL 43C725 television. Similarly as with the previous versions, turning on the accessibility service  of the Button Manager app removes the multiplication problem. I will next it it with my MECOOL KM6 Deluxe and report the results shortly.

and having tested the same with MECOOL with both the factory provide BT remote and with G30s, the results are the same i.e. the multiplication phenomenon is still there. As before, Button Mapper with its accessibility service does not help like it helped with TCL.

• 2 weeks later...

I can add some more results obtained with remotes not yet reported:
TCL 43C725 running Google TV & Emby for Android 3.2.36 and Tikigogo T3M remote => no multiplication effect, not even with Button Mapper disabled (!)
MECOOL KM6 Deluxe running Android TV 10 & Emby for Android 3.2.36 and Tikigogo TK3 remote => multiplication effect is still there

hstamas

Had the chance to try this on my bedroom TLC 40".

Latest Android beta with Button Mapper on and off. Not working in either case. Its not as bad as on my Sony TV but I still get consistent double jumps at the very least.

Spaceboy

came across this while briefly testing the standard android app on my shield combined with a harmony remote and hub. the app was completely unusable

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
pünktchen

Finally! No more unwanted keypress multiplication here.

One little exception: keyboard "Escape" always reacts with exactly two actions. It doesn't happen with the "Backspace" button, but now also with a keyboard where i never encountered any problem before.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

One little exception: keyboard "Escape" always reacts with exactly two actions. It doesn't happen with the "Backspace" button, but now also with a keyboard where i never encountered any problem before.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll take a look at escape.

On 29/07/2022 at 02:54, pünktchen said:

Yes, I can confirm the same with my TCL 43C725 television: I no longer need to use Button Mapper to avoid multiplication effect.

I have not yet tested with my MECOOL KM6 Deluxe, which was the tougher one, since using Button Mapper did not remove the multiplication effect.  I will keep you posted.

• Thanks 1