POSTERS (Alpha) - A Web based Dynamic Now Playing Poster App for Emby

chef

chef
3 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Do you think that a folder in the app folder with Custom_Static_Image could be used in case a user wanted a custom one would be a good idea.

Yup. That would be super easy to do.

• Like 1

Guest phoenixexcinere
8 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

What’s fhem

Fhem is an open source smart home system based on pear. It's like Apple Homekit, but open source and fhem is even better ;)

8 hours ago, chef said:

Raspi pico are pretty cheap

A Raspberry Pico is good idea, thx

7 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Do you think that a folder in the app folder with Custom_Static_Image could be used in case a user wanted a custom one would be a good idea.

that would be very nice. maybe it come with next version of posters :)

Guest phoenixexcinere

I played a bit with the "main.js" today because I had an idea, but I just can't get it right.

I figured it would look nice if "now playing" disappeared with fadeOutLeft a few seconds after the fadeInDown, and then reappeared with the fadeInDown, all in a loop every few seconds. Is that easy to do? Unfortunately I didn't manage it, but my understanding of the code is also very rudimentary.

And is there a way to set the days for recently added? that, for example, only entries are displayed that have been added in the last few days or only the last 10 films/series added?

Cheesegeezer
6 minutes ago, phoenixexcinere said:

I played a bit with the "main.js" today because I had an idea, but I just can't get it right.

I figured it would look nice if "now playing" disappeared with fadeOutLeft a few seconds after the fadeInDown, and then reappeared with the fadeInDown, all in a loop every few seconds. Is that easy to do? Unfortunately I didn't manage it, but my understanding of the code is also very rudimentary.

you can use setTimeout(500) number is in milliseconds.

6 minutes ago, phoenixexcinere said:

And is there a way to set the days for recently added? that, for example, only entries are displayed that have been added in the last few days or only the last 10 films/series added?

That would need to be done in the APICall, you can the add a variable for a user to set. 
use localstorage to set the variable and to get the variable. And add the variable to the ApiCall to get recent items.

I’m tied up with other stuff at the moment and also don’t want to do anything with chef’s code unless he allows me.

post your code and i can point you in the right direction 

Guest phoenixexcinere

No problem :)

Yesterday I did a bit more work with animated CSS and a fade-in followed by a fade-out in a loop is not possible without javascript, according to the Animated CSS instructions. But I'm out of javascript, that's too complex for me^^

I just chose a different animation that looks good in the loop.

Unfortunately, Posters doesn't work really well with the Silk Browser. I tried to run this on my Echo Show, but the display doesn't look good and it only shows recently added even though a movie is playing. But it seems to be the browser, I have the same problem with Firefox, but it runs perfectly with Chromium.

Let's just see what the future brings, maybe there will be a new version of Posters, I would definitely be very happy.

Until then, I'll just use it as it is now, because Posters is definitely an eye-catcher.

And if someone also want to have an endless animation of Now Playing and recently added, he can easily replace the line

html += renderPlayfullInterfaces(item) ? 'animate__bounceInDown animate__slower ' : 'animate__fadeInDown ';

in main.js.  against the line

html += renderPlayfullInterfaces(item) ? 'animate__bounceInDown animate__slower ' : 'animate__pulse animate__infinite ';

That makes a cool looking animation in a loop :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest phoenixexcinere
3 hours ago, chef said:

@phoenixexcinere

The complete animation library documentation for animate.css is found here:

https://animate.style/

So you could use that library to achieve some really cool things as well.

👍

Yes I know, but for really cool things you must be fit in Javascript and I am not :( I tried some thinks, but they didn't work well. For a loop I took the "pulse" animation, that works well, but there are some other problems, I can't fix.

If you start or stop the movie in Emby, Posters does not change from "now playing" to "recently added" every time. sometimes it works, sometimes not. I tried to fix with :

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="300">

in index.html, but it doesn't work properly. And I can't find out, how I can change the recently added tab in that way, that only the last 5 movies / series are shown.

chef
36 minutes ago, phoenixexcinere said:

Yes I know, but for really cool things you must be fit in Javascript and I am not :( I tried some thinks, but they didn't work well. For a loop I took the "pulse" animation, that works well, but there are some other problems, I can't fix.

If you start or stop the movie in Emby, Posters does not change from "now playing" to "recently added" every time. sometimes it works, sometimes not. I tried to fix with :

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="300">

in index.html, but it doesn't work properly. And I can't find out, how I can change the recently added tab in that way, that only the last 5 movies / series are shown.

Perhaps this is my fault.

I should try and make the JavaScript accessible.

I'll go through it and make things a little more clear as to what is happening.

I'll add a bunch of variables to the top of the script so that they can be easily changed.

I think this would (should) be a perfect project for everyone to have a chance to create and share their stuff.

Give me an afternoon and I'll do my best to make it a bit more accessible to everyone.

To be honest the code does get a little messy half way through.

I should set it up like a Arduino app where controlling variables are at the top.

I'll be back! It'll be great! Can't wait to see what people come up with!!

👍👍

Edited by chef
  • Like 1