Jump to content

POSTERS (Alpha) - A Web based Dynamic Now Playing Poster App for Emby


chef

Recommended Posts

Oh sad... i just found a O2 Joggler in my boxes. and i was just saying waht can i do with it.... and wondered if something existed to show now playing of client in a nice way.... 

and pouf i find this post and yet again it is @chef  but unfortunately the link is unavailable

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Painkiller8818

can anyone please upload new images of this project as they all are broken.

I would like to support this plugin, but i don't even see i what i'm actually supporting  :D

 

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

@Painkiller8818 Sorry mate, I'll leave that to @chef but it works and looks good in it's current state. Dev has slowed somewhat on this project, prob because he has other things to work on. Give it a try, Portrait mode with a Raspi is the go.👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/16/2021 at 4:06 AM, Painkiller8818 said:

can anyone please upload new images of this project as they all are broken.

I would like to support this plugin, but i don't even see i what i'm actually supporting  :D

 

thanks

Yes! I accidentally filled my emby storage, and the ln when I remove everything... I actually removed Everything.

Ops!

I'll repost the project as well 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Painkiller8818

anything new here? Pictures or anything to see what it looks like?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Junglejim

mmm yeah, looks like the DL is fucked as well. I'm sure @chef will work it out eventually. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
italianstallion11885

Dang, it was excited to try this out and hopefully contribute. Hope the links get fixed. 

Edited by italianstallion11885
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
1971camaroguy

Any updates? The download link is broken now, wanted to give it a shot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

It is. I noticed that post earlier, and I was just about to open the project up and make sure everything was still working okay with the new emby release.

Then I'll re-up the app.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

marvinac1

@chef I just sent you a private message, Can I get the current version of your software? Also the donation link is for you correct?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There we go. It's been reposted to the OP.

If I need to fix anything lemme know. I can't remember if it was absolutely complete.

I know I wanted to add some stuff. Maybe this is a good time to do it if people are going to use the thing. LOL!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Oh hey! there is a special command keyboard combo  to open the side nav (whihc is a CSS mess right now LOL!). But I don't remember what the keyboard command is. 

I'll have to read the code and try to remember. LOL!

 

And the Logo needs a "max-width" on it.

Hmm... looks like Luke was right, I should spend some time on this.  😆

Edited by chef
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would be great to see some pictures of what people end up building with the poster app. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

phoenixexcinere
3 hours ago, chef said:

It would be great to see some pictures of what people end up building with the poster app. 

 

 

I use it in my home cinema room on an old fire 5 tablet

poster713.thumb.jpg.b4b2b2eb4d6bc8904d12c14e121311c8.jpg

 

maybe, if I had enough time, I will buy a wallmount for the tablet and lay the charging cable flush-mounted

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, phoenixexcinere said:

I use it in my home cinema room on an old fire 5 tablet

poster713.thumb.jpg.b4b2b2eb4d6bc8904d12c14e121311c8.jpg

 

maybe, if I had enough time, I will buy a wallmount for the tablet and lay the charging cable flush-mounted

That's awesome! Looks great! That's what I'm talkin' about!

Edited by chef
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer

Chef, i love it!! Come a long way 👍💪💪🤩

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Junglejim
19 hours ago, chef said:

There we go. It's been reposted to the OP.

If I need to fix anything lemme know. I can't remember if it was absolutely complete.

I know I wanted to add some stuff. Maybe this is a good time to do it if people are going to use the thing. LOL!

Cheers mate, I'm also using it on a old Samsung tab A 10.1 at the mo and it works great. Still got to get around to stripping a old LCD monitor and putting it into a frame. ;) I've used a old LCD with a pi but I want it to look better and have it wall mounted.

Just got to find the time. :)  Winter here at the mo so one wet cold weekend will do. 👍

Love the recently added when nothing is playing..

 

Screenshot_2022-06-17_19-30-01.png

Edited by Junglejim
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, Junglejim said:

Cheers mate, I'm also using it on a old Samsung tab A 10.1 at the mo and it works great. Still got to get around to stripping a old LCD monitor and putting it into a frame. ;) I've used a old LCD with a pi but I want it to look better and have it wall mounted.

Just got to find the time. :)  Winter here at the mo so one wet cold weekend will do. 👍

Love the recently added when nothing is playing..

 

Screenshot_2022-06-17_19-30-01.png

It's pretty cool.

 

@chef have you thought about storing the users in app-storage and giving an option for auto-login so that you don't have to validate Server and User ever login.  I'm working on that now in Iridium and as you know i'm using your PosterApp login in Iridium. Still a WIP but makes life easier.

 

image.thumb.png.5312723d666f90f4c07b3cf46eaaa759.png

 

image.thumb.png.c8ebbb9baaea25f073f1e938759a4307.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

It's pretty cool.

 

@chef have you thought about storing the users in app-storage and giving an option for auto-login so that you don't have to validate Server and User ever login.  I'm working on that now in Iridium and as you know i'm using your PosterApp login in Iridium. Still a WIP but makes life easier.

 

image.thumb.png.5312723d666f90f4c07b3cf46eaaa759.png

 

image.thumb.png.c8ebbb9baaea25f073f1e938759a4307.png

That's cool.

Do I save the user and password in local storage? 

Is that plain text? Like it's okay to do that?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, chef said:

That's cool.

Do I save the user and password in local storage? 

Is that plain text? Like it's okay to do that?

 

Yeah, i been saving the item id's in local storage, and i'm pretty sure that's what emby does also in web client to allow for auto login

attached are my logon files for Iridium

materialize.csslogon.jslogon.htmllogon.css

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer
3 hours ago, chef said:

That's cool.

Do I save the user and password in local storage? 

Is that plain text? Like it's okay to do that?

 

Well actually my plan is to check the user’s policy and if auto-logon is true i would respect that otherwise default to server and user logon pages

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Well actually my plan is to check the user’s policy and if auto-logon is true i would respect that otherwise default to server and user logon pages

Right, I see it.

And the settings are under users > user > password: requires login on local network.

 

That's cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...