Emby Server for DSM7 Now in Synology Package Center

Luke

2 hours ago, Tandhruil said:

Hello,

I still don't have notifications from synology for updates.

Image2.jpg.c529deb725eea0b7890a020ebb1cbdb5.jpg

Releases in package center will generally be a few weeks behind because they have to go through the Synology review process. So you can either wait for that or install manually.

FrostByte

Version 4.6.6 has not been fully tested and published by Synology to the store yet.  One of the advantages of downloading from GitHub is that you get it quickly

Also, you may have to install from the store in order to be notified in Package Center when there is an update the next time.  At least that's the way it has worked in the past when we had the repository.  If you install from GitHub you will get notified in the Dashboard and if you install from the Synology store then you will probably get notified in PC when there is an update.

Tandhruil
55 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Version 4.6.6 has not been fully tested and published by Synology to the store yet.  One of the advantages of downloading from GitHub is that you get it quickly

Also, you may have to install from the store in order to be notified in Package Center when there is an update the next time.  At least that's the way it has worked in the past when we had the repository.  If you install from GitHub you will get notified in the Dashboard and if you install from the Synology store then you will probably get notified in PC when there is an update.

II've installed the 4.6.4 version from github with the DM7 migration.
I've never been notified of the 4.6.5 version (and in the synology menu it's still the 4.6.4 version which is active)
Should I uninstall the github version and install the synology package center one ?

Edited by Tandhruil

FrostByte
49 minutes ago, Tandhruil said:

II've installed the 4.6.4 version from github with the DM7 migration.
I've never been notified of the 4.6.5 version (and in the synology menu it's still the 4.6.4 version which is active)
Should I uninstall the github version and install the synology package center one ?

I'm not sure why you weren't notified.  I got a notification yesterday in the dashboard for the new beta

I think it depends on if you prefer to get notifications from the dashboard and install using the spk files or if you prefer to wait and install from the Synology store and get notifications from within Package Center.  Nether one will auto update it seems. 

In order to start getting notified within PC though you may have to do an install from the store first.  At least that's the way it used to work with the old repository.  

Personally I would not uninstall if you prefer the store.  The next time there is an update to the stable release I would just wait and upgrade from the store once it arrives there.  If you do get an update notification great, if not, then you may have to wait again until the next update to start getting notifications.

This is the first stable update since the initial install on the Synology store so we'll have to wait and see how long it takes them to process updates.

Tandhruil
15 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

I'm not sure why you weren't notified.  I got a notification yesterday in the dashboard for the new beta

I think it depends on if you prefer to get notifications from the dashboard and install using the spk files or if you prefer to wait and install from the Synology store and get notifications from within Package Center.  Nether one will auto update it seems. 

In order to start getting notified within PC though you may have to do an install from the store first.  At least that's the way it used to work with the old repository.  

Personally I would not uninstall if you prefer the store.  The next time there is an update to the stable release I would just wait and upgrade from the store once it arrives there.  If you do get an update notification great, if not, then you may have to wait again until the next update to start getting notifications.

This is the first stable update since the initial install on the Synology store so we'll have to wait and see how long it takes them to process updates.

Ok, I'll wait the next stable version

Thx