[Anime Plugin] Let the plugin add Tags and Animation studios to shows

Weevillo

Weevillo

Now, you'd most likely want to obtain the required information from either AniDB, , Anilist or MAL (example screenshots in links), the most favorable by far is Anilist with its rich tags. All sites offer studios too and in some cases (MAL) even age rating. If features like "More like this" would use Anilist backed tags it'd be a hell of a lot more accurate.

This is such a small change on the grand scale of things and would boost the quality of life in the anime sector of emby significantly. You could even build upon this further and let some organizing feature make collections out of tags or studios.

In practice/from a UI perspective I imagine there being options (in library settings) to choose metadata provider as with existing providers (TVDB etc.) under a "Tags" and "Studio" section respectively. Since there already is an umbrella option, namely "Series metadata", I'd propose for these settings to be shown when you enable the "advance" interface. This is the nit-picky approach, though. If this is pursued (which would be highly appreciated) I imagine there being another realization of this idea.

Weevillo
41 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, no, it is community developed. I help with compatibility updates for newer server versions as it is needed.

I see, thanks for that contribution! Anyhow, is there anyone specific this task could be called upon for? Or should I let this fly around on the forum with the eventual hope of someone from the community further developing it as per my request?