audio transcoding settings

timlance
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

timlance

Newbie here, running away from Plex. Am loving Emby. I'm trying to find information and settings for transcoding. The closest I have found is here but I do not see the illustrated setting (see below) in my iOS app.

Am I correct in assuming that my lossless files will be lossless in the iOS app if both the server and iPhone are on the same local wireless network?

If I am on a different wireless network will it be lossless or does the server see it as a generic remote location?

Where, on the server and/or iOS app, can I set preferred bitrates? IOW, I would like to possibly have higher (not necessarily lossless) bitrates even on cellular/data.

My apologies if I am missing something! I've been dealing with a super mild concussion, and looking into this so much, I wonder if I am literally or figuratively cross-eyed. @cayars

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 5.01.05 PM.png

• Solution

Hi, I don't use iOS so can't speak from experience but on each client in general you can set the bitrate used for remote/internet based streams.  By default it will be AUTO but you can change this if needed.

So you can go in and change the audio bitrate and make it much higher so that it doesn't cause the client to transcode if at all possible.

Give this and try and report back any issues or questions you might have.

timlance

So much thanks for replying, cayars. I see the setting on my phone. Now! 🙃 Sorry. I don't know how I could have missed it, concussion or not.