Downloading

crusher11

3 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Does it matter? It's not like it's trying to transfer and failing, it's just not starting in the first place.

Yes, of course it matters because if you don't have the space available to transfer it will hold the job until the client does have the available storage.

vdatanet
7 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

How much free space do you have left?

Size matters.

image.png.4ac4ef4989490316c221546cd7db9755.png

• Haha 3

vdatanet
3 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Android 11.

Just for testing. Can you try a smaller file?

• Agree 1

Have you set the download location in Android where Emby will download to?

May I suggest crawling before you run?

Do a download and select a mobile profile which will do a conversion and create a much smaller file that will be compatible and should transfer as long as the storage location has proper space free.

vdatanet

This is the default download location:

Screenshot_20210803-180414_Emby.thumb.jpg.d632c153bef78d426793629054713741.jpg

/storage/emulated/0/Android/com.mb.android/Download.... when setting internal storage. Yo can set external storage if you want.

crusher11
14 minutes ago, cayars said:

Have you set the download location in Android where Emby will download to?

May I suggest crawling before you run?

Do a download and select a mobile profile which will do a conversion and create a much smaller file that will be compatible and should transfer as long as the storage location has proper space free.

Stuck at "Converting 0%"

vdatanet
1 minute ago, crusher11 said:

Stuck at "Converting 0%"

ffmpeg log?

Conversions and transfers are done in the background on the server so if you have other things going on it might not happen right away.

I would suggest looking at your logs to see if a new ffmpeg log file is generated for the conversion.  You can look at this to see how far along the conversion is.

crusher11
10 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

ffmpeg log?

Seems fine, has transcoded over an hour of the film so far. The Downloads section still has it at 0%, although the dashboard itself shows a Convert Media task ~80% complete.

vdatanet

With these options you can speed up conversions. I don't know if they are the defaults.

image.thumb.png.bbe9fb5f083113694908914fc77bcabe.png

GrimReaper
Just now, vdatanet said:

With these options you can speed up conversions. I don't know if they are the defaults.

image.thumb.png.bbe9fb5f083113694908914fc77bcabe.png

They are. 

vdatanet
Just now, crusher11 said:

Seems fine, has transcoded over an hour of the film so far. The Downloads section still has it at 0%, although the dashboard itself shows a Convert Media task ~80% complete.

The same thing happens to me, it goes from 0% to 100%.

• Like 1

crusher11
4 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

The same thing happens to me, it goes from 0% to 100%.

Yeah, so it's a display issue not a transcoding issue.

It's stuck on "Ready to Transfer" again. Although if the display just doesn't update, maybe it is transferring? Who knows. It still doesn't show up in "Manage Downloads" or the "Downloads" thing on the menu across the bottom, only the "Downloads" thing under "Devices" on the dashboard.

vdatanet
1 minute ago, crusher11 said:

Yeah, so it's a display issue not a transcoding issue.

It's stuck on "Ready to Transfer" again. Although if the display just doesn't update, maybe it is transferring? Who knows. It still doesn't show up in "Manage Downloads" or the "Downloads" thing on the menu across the bottom, only the "Downloads" thing under "Devices" on the dashboard.

Yo have to wait for a while. For me to download a 1 Gg file, I have to wait between 4 and 5 minutes.

Yes this is a background transfer not live streaming so it will happen when resources are free on the client and the server.

crusher11
2 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

Yo have to wait for a while. For me to download a 1 Gg file, I have to wait between 4 and 5 minutes.

It should indicate progress somewhere, though. It's not, it's just "Ready to Transfer" under "Devices" and completely absent everywhere else.

vdatanet
Just now, crusher11 said:

It should indicate progress somewhere, though. It's not, it's just "Ready to Transfer" under "Devices" and completely absent everywhere else.

Like in conversion, there is no progress. Make sure the application does not restrict background work:

How to save battery on Android 11 | Mobile Internist

neik
59 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

Like in conversion, there is no progress.

That's right, however when it's transferring it says "Transferring 0%" just like it says "Convert 0%" when converting.

From my experiencing ready for transfer means it's sitting there and... Well, that I don't know what it's doing.

FWIW I am not having issues downloading stuff on Android 10.